>character gives presentation

>doesnt shit self out of anxiety

takes me out the flick desu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P91VYtuMgmg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pity bump

>Character finds out the girl he brought home is a tranny
>Immediately breaks it off instead of appreciating her feminine penis as a bonus
Broke the immersion. It's 2017

Nigga join Toastmasters. $90 a year to learn to give speeches and talks. You just get used to it.

You can also do the Dale Carnegie course, which is better, but that's like $1000 per course.

>Having anxiety about public speaking
Pleb tier. Public speaking is really easy, it's socializing that's difficult.

>kid gives a presentation at a high school class
>does it as if he is an actor who has practiced it many times before

>paying money to learn how to talk
What will the jews think of next

You also need Dale Carnegie.

None of these things are difficult. Training for the Olympics is difficult. Tightrope walking is difficult. Playing darts is difficult.

>all the Chads don't laugh when he makes a mistake

>the bronx bull
>actor is a white guy
So much for immersion.

>idiot gives presentation
>slide show is just a wall of text on every side
>puts his back towards the audience and reads off the slide word for word
Get sterilized

It's $8 a month, faggot. 90% of people are afraid of public speaking. I'm one of the 10% that is great at it. Giving speeches is easy.

If you're afraid to do it, take a course and you won't be afraid anymore. mere exposure ends the anxiety.

This. I'm on the spectrum for sure but public speaking as never been a problem at all. Everything about it is generally well-defined. I couldn't do stand-up comedy or anything, but giving a presentation and responding to questions about it is easy, as any social interaction is very clearly defined. Ask me to small talk with strangers or loose acquiantences? Ain't gonna fucking happen, spaghetti will be spilt all over the place.

When you give a presentation, you're not supposed to read the slide. They're supposed to be bullet points that are for the audience. You should speak off the cuff on the subject of the bullet points, without notes, and without a slide. This is basic shit.

>having bulletpoints on slides
Slides should be exclusively used for visual aid. None of them should have a full sentence on them

thats weird, op here, i can socialize just fine
but in front of a whole class, it's over for me

Yes, that's what I just said, I just fucking said that.

Read Dale Carnegie. It's fucking free on gutenebrg and archive.org

Or don't, it's up to you, neets.

>character needs call female stranger on the phone
>doesn't walk around his room for minutes in preparation
>doesn't stutter
>doesn't even hang up abruptly
Who's gonna buy that?

>DUDE READ DALE CARNEGIE LMAO

Believe it or not a self-help book is not going to magically solve all of a person's lifelong problems with any type of social problem.

You're right, a self-help book isn't going to magically solve your "lifelong" social problem. But what will solve them is changing your habits by APPLYING what the book says. Action comes before feeling.

Who reads a self-help book without at least trying what it says? If it doesn't work you discard it. But this shit works.

Or don't, it's your fucking life. Do whatever you'd like. I can only show you what works. And doing what Dale Carnegie says, in deliberate practice, works.

Sup Forums is like a cocoon of safe comfort for neets. You have to unplug from the matrix and try new things that scare you in order to solve your problem.

Even binaural beats "work". Anything and everything can "work". But some placebos are gayer than others, and self-help books rank high on that list.

I'm not a NEET, I'm a sysadmin, and I'm guessing in that book isn't doesn't say to be critical and make rude assumptions at people, so you seem to failing at practicing what you preach. I have autism so it's difficult for me to understand social situations which are incredibly complex and one of the most common things for people to have anxiety about. For some reason you seem to think that being anxious about socializing is some strange unique thing, even though you yourself had to seek out self-help books to help with your own problems with it. Also stop spacing your posts like that.

How is practicing social skills a placebo? It sounds more like practice to me.

That's like telling a toddler to stop trying to learn to walk because that's just a placebo. It doesn't make any sense. "You're never going to walk, baby, look how bad you are at it. Practicing how to walk will never make you better at walking" Nigger, that's the only thing that will make you better at it, is DOING IT, poorly at first, then better and better.

Or don't, again, it's your NEET life. Keep on convincing yourself you'll never be able to do it. You'll prove yourself right.

>character takes a piss
>it comes out a yellow liquid instead of lumpy and pink

There you go again insulting people and making rude assumptions. What chapter of the book covers that?

If you have autism then you should instead practice drowning yourself. :)

>and I'm guessing in that book isn't doesn't say to be critical and make rude assumptions at people, so you seem to failing at practicing what you preach.

Although you'd be right, nigga, I'm on Sup Forums after work. I'm not trying to win friends and influence people on the gayest board on this awful site.

>For some reason you seem to think that being anxious about socializing is some strange unique thing, even though you yourself had to seek out self-help books to help with your own problems with it.

There is a big difference between anxiety and autism. If you're genuinely autistic, you're probably beyond help (if you weren't autistic you'd see it was obvious what I was saying applied to normal people, not the mentally retarded)

>Also stop spacing your posts like that.

Formatting is a placebo.

Questions are also a placebo. You're never going to get information by saying or writing a sentence worded or expressed so as to elicit information. Questions are no better than binaural beats or sugar pills in that respect.

You're having a meltdown because people don't want to read a self-help book lol

I have a monotone voice. Last time I did a presentation people called me a frog and shit and the teacher got mad at me for walking back to my desk instead of getting mad at them for making constant outbursts. In the real world they'd have been booted or some shit surely. Idk what her reasoning was for getting mad at me.

Agreed. It's even worse when a professor does it in a lecture.
>t. engineering student from south america

Reading is another placebo. You think you're using written symbols to express thoughts and discuss ideas, but that's just a placebo. As a proud illiterate, you have to realize that not everybody is smart enough to read. I knew this when I turned 3 that I wouldn't learn to read or write. And my life is fine without it.

Yes, because you're a plebeian (otherwise known as a normalfag). Most people generally can socialize alright but public speaking scares them because it's a more structured form and they feel more pressure about messing it up. I personally don't feel that pressure because public speaking consists of preparation and the interaction is generally defined. Socializing however consists of spontaneous organic interaction, which can be difficult for people on the spectrum; as they are either unable to detect social cues, or they mentally disregard them, so socialization can be awkward and feel incomplete. Not saying everyone is just naturally adapt at socializing, it is a learned skill like anything else, but in general normal humans are well-adapted to it because we a social species.

this gets me every time
what am I watching, a surrealistic movie by Godard?

Reading is a spook

Basic gestalt?

pshhhhh, all of you are like little babies, I can barely form coherent sentences while talking, or at all.
Get out normies.

Talking is a meme. I communicate by hitting my mother and pointing at things I want. I try to cry at random intervals and shit my pants if someone really bothers me and I want them to know it. What can I say, I understand the importance of communication.

>Character doesn't seek them out

>doesn't heavily breath during speech

>jokingly dismissive of Alex Jones when he infiltrated the Bohemian Grove and video still exists of their bizarre rituals as he films from the bushes

youtube.com/watch?v=P91VYtuMgmg
(start at the 18 minute mark for the basic gestalt, watch it all for the whole enchilada)

>not pacing around the room
you expect me to believe that? 1/10 made me reply

>character takes shit
>Doesn't stand up to wipe

Fucking GameStop.

That program is a fucking ripoff. My work has been sending people in waves through it and it's retarded.