What does masculinity mean to you?

What does masculinity mean to you?
is your version of masculinity outdated or lost?
Does masculinity have a place in modern society?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XK6_CH1cH3M
youtube.com/watch?v=Bquk0KE1vps
twitter.com/AnonBabble

confidence, powerful presence, snap ur neck in a second if u look at em the wrong way

loves his country

So, a big confident guy but has anger issues?

masculinity is just another word for handsome.
It has nothing to do with things that are actually masculine such as providing for a family

So masculinity and being masculine are separate?
So what makes one masculine?

Being dependable

Keeping your word, to yourself and others, and looking for opportunities to expand your horizons while not being distracted from your goals.
Staying mentally and physically fit.
Consistently improving yourself and your station in life according to a plan.
Knowing when and how to act, and comporting yourself with the authority that comes from your station and skill set.
Having absolutely no insecurity or qualms about asserting your dominance and slamming boipussy.

Loving your family, loving your country (so long as the country doesn't betray you, ie: all of the fucking west), providing for his family, not being ashamed of what he likes/loves, being stronk and able to defend all that he holds dear, being a good father and raising his offspring with decent values. List goes on. But giving your son a fucking dress to play in because it's "okay" and "tolerant", is not one of them. Fuck that cancer shit.

I absolutely believe that there's a war on masculinity currently going on. Like OP mentioned, the good ol' macho man is today looked down upon and by whom? Fucking feminist women who wanna take power by pushing weak men down.

I hope my fellow polbros are pushing back. Don't be cucks.

Also very good points.

It's a word that men with small dicks who can't get laid obsess over. Men go on with their lives. Microdicks grow beards, lift weights obsessively and will not shut the fuck up about how "manly" they are.

Not being a sheep is a big part of it. Saying what you believe regardless of how it might be perceived, and not having your beliefs dictated by social norms.

>triggering tranny liberals from beyond the grave
based Thatcher

Stupid labels are retarded and only serve the left.
Masculinity doesn't exist. It's a stupid label. It's an actual social construct.

What exists is men with dick and balls, high testosterone and confidence. That's all.
The sooner you drop these shitty feminist pushed labels like ''masculinity'' the better.
The word has never benefited you. It has only been used to castrate men and push the idea that women can be men if they are ''masculine'' enough.

Thatcher deserves unending pain for the shit she tried to pull

Fuck that stupid fucking dyke bitch

I like to think I am a masculine guy, I try to be confident and defend what I believe, have a body type like my op pic and yet I am constantly put down for it, there is a war against it and it started with teachers at a young age telling me not to do certain masculine things, even big muscular men I know from college are pansies, with faggy haircuts completely shaved and smooth from top to bottom, they are barely masculine yet are considered it.

Stupid sub human

Is Margaret Thatcher fucking stupid? By giving the rules of being a lady, she's not-so-subtly presuming to be one, thus contradicting herself like a fucking retard.

Thatcher is literally one of the worst people to ever live.

Masculinity up to the last decade or so was a compliment, the google defination goes like
>he is so handsome and strong, so masculine
There is also nothing wrong with social constructs for they are what sets us apart from animals, feminine males and masculine are both very real and only recently has the latter been seen negatively

I agree, but she has a point with that quote. The more you have to tell someone you are something, the less it's true. If you have to wear man make-up to try to convince people you're a man, you're not one.

That Thatcher post is generally genius and I hate that bitch

I tell you
>I'm going to shoot you with my gun
>I shoot you

But by presuming to be an authority on being a lady, she's indirectly saying that she is one.

>Quibbling like a little bitch over semantics
Why the hell are we still allowing leafs and emus to post on this site? Have any of you ever had anything worthwhile to say in your entire lives?

and your actually point because last I checked she is in fact a lady

>Not being a faggot
>Not getting caught up in passing trends
>Not a slave to technology
>Having Tact
>Not being uselessly fat
It is becoming less common now days. The modern western world is getting lazy fat and outright useless. It is however dead in japland where women only want pretty boys who wear earrings and skinny jeans.

masculinity is not thinking and reading stupid teories. Just be a nigger and all bitches will wont to suck cock

Masculinity is the ability to use and be good at violence

mfw this thread

Tho you may call me all sorts of bad things while reading this , please read it to the end.

Assholes, conforming to the bullshit line of "you need to act like a man"
I started to hate it when I was a child
and it stuck with me
Tho I am well aware of that is not true but I cant change my views when it comes to masculinity, I got bullied many times when I was a child, mostly by girls, it was a torture, so I grew up like "fuck women, they can all fucking die, and the men who protecting them ,theyre all fucking tools"
and when I think of masculinity I think of humiliation and all sorts of bad shit

I just wanted to be kind and to get this kindness paid back by the friends and others.
And now I'm stuck like that , Help me.

I want to be the biggest asshole ,slaying women and then dropping em , but I just cant change for that, it hurts me to hurt the weaker or anyone , even if I'm right .
And I have a bit of an inferiority complex too I guess.
Help me.
What to do?

No, she's a fucking woman. She's not a lady, because she tried to slip in that she was one, which breaks her own rules. The dumb bitch played herself.

You're not even from here, faggot. Quit trying to fit in and go back to R**dit or wherever you came from.

>acting like a bitch when you know you're wrong

Do you "quibble" with your wife's son?

stoic

youtube.com/watch?v=XK6_CH1cH3M

>Implying anyone on Sup Forums is really masculine
>Implying deep down they aren't all insecure loser

So to you masculinity is being massive? what if you cannot get to be that big due to limitations from your body, can you still be masculine to you without being a hulkster?

I'm muscular, have a beard, I'm tall, I walk like I wear iron boots and guess what? Lanky fags in smelly t-shirts, flanel, gay hats and girly piercings get way more than I do.

It's nothing on my end. Just women are literally meme's and are into whatever is "in". So if that faggy coiffed hair and neck tattoos are what you're into then go for it hun.

Literally a cuck

youtube.com/watch?v=Bquk0KE1vps

Speak softly, carry a big stick. The problem is estrogen is rampant. They made a documentary about it in Britain, one of the closing quotes from a scientist was "if we do nothing about this now, what will our children and their grandchildren think? we just left them to their fate". That was regarding plastics, detergents, linings that leech into our foods. One thing that should stick with you: you can stop buying milk in a plastic container, but the glass container was washed with a detergent containing the same or similar estrogen compounds.

The only real way to be safe would be to return to hunting and gathering, right? Dead wrong. It's in the water, I believe the only way to remove them is with a still. It's in the animals (fact check me on transfer of estrogen through meat, though I've heard anecdotes of it being in milk). Even if it wasn't, fish are full of mercury and other chemical waste that should be avoided.

Now you know, the putrid end of humanity.

Hello, reddit

Speaking softly is for people who don't believe what they say, or don't know whether they are right.

What about countering the extra estrogen with extra testosterone?

I remember my cousin tried to red-pill me on steroids; that they weren't nearly as bad as they're made out, and are demonized by the media because TPTB don't want men with that much testosterone.

Apparently there's a really good documentary on it.

PRUDENCE
That is, being careful and thoughtful.

TEMPERANCE
That is, never anything in excess.

COURAGE
That is, to do that which needs to be done, no matter the cost.

JUSTICE
That is, to do that which brings peace and order.

All four Virtues are equal in importance, and no virtue can exist without the others being present. A man who is not prudent will act too soon. A man who is not tempered will act too much. A man who is not courageous will not act at all. A man who is not just will act wrongly.

Masculinity means doing what I want. Do the best I can for those around me and myself. If you have to adhere to some finite, global form of masculinity that's just.. sad.

Except for fishing. Fishing is something any man should be able to do.

See this is the problem with modern liberals. They question everything. You yourself may not be a liberal, but you have the same dialectic, just as many libertarians and, to some extent, a lot of faux nationalists.

If I told you I was a proud Maritimer, what does that make you think? Maybe I love the sea, or maybe I eat fish every day and own a boat. Whatever you think of that, that's your presupposed identity of me. By virtue of being a proud maritimer, I create what that is. Or like a farmer; when the farmer says "I'm a farmer", he is creating that frame for himself, and we attribute stereotypes associated with farming, and that's what makes a frame stronger.

When you say "What is masculinity?" That's like tearing down what it means to be a man, because doubt is the opposite of confidence. If people have to bring up definitions or stumble over the definition of what being a man is, then the battle is already lost. We don't need a codification of what it means to be a man; we don't need to be dictated by laws on a piece of paper or rules of conduct; we're not liberal cattle. I'm not going to tell you what it means to be a man.

Confidence, responsibility, discipline.

>If I told you I was a proud Maritimer, what does that make you think?

It makes me think you were probably drunk by 11:30.

Hello, reddit

Nah bub, I just woke up.. been drinking all night though :D

You'd have to be on a test cycle forever, it turns off your natural test production, apparently. Maybe estrogen blockers, but estrogen is still essential in stopping forms of cancer (fact check me, but we need it in natural amounts), so you see the catch 22 we're in.

Strenght, resolve, getting things done, being trustworthy, perseverance, loyalty, kindness and protecting/taking care of others if need be.

It will always have a place in the human experience.

no, twink

>going for the wrong women
>"muscular"=fat

i was skinny, got mine
i put on 20lbs of muscle, got more
>ugly
>big nose
>fucked up teeth
>can be awkward
>still get hot pussy

it's you

>lift weights obsessively
maybe if your the "bodybuilder" who wears skimpy faggot-like clothes, and spends more time ogling other men than lifting.
But otherwise, a strong physique and general physical fitness has been a must for adult males for thousands of years