What is like to root for a team from another continent?

What is like to root for a team from another continent?
Do you really feel any emotional conections to them?

no

only retards do this and I feel deeply sorry for them.

reminder europeans are immune to this idiocy due to half their soccer players either barely being able to speak the language of the country in which they reside or literally being an african.

Huehuehuehue
Who would root for a team from anoyher country? That's sad as fuck.

Don't get me wrong, O watch european football, but I watch it for the quality not because I root for any of them. Anyone can win it and I wouldn't care. I only root for ma home one!

Difficult now. My emotional connection is with my dad, and we discuss the team together since I so rarely get to see a game.

t. bong away from home

Embarrassing post.

so our football leagues are just like your country in general?

Savage

I don't root for any one team, I watch it as pure theater. Occasionally, I have a vested interest in one of the backstories and pull for that particular team but rarely on an emotional level. I would like to see Messi win the world cup, so I am pulling for Argie. I enjoy seeing Ronaldo fail, so I am pulling for the other team. I want to see England go deep in any tournament but lose it all in some horrible injustice or impotence.

wew

I won't deny that. I'm simply saying the likelihood of someone on your favorite soccer team being a literal foreigner in even the most gay "citizen of the world" sense is astronomically higher Europe.

It's similar here with MLS and soon to be MLR with both taking in good players from countries that are good at the sport. In MLB it occurs with spics as well. Whereas in the NBA, NFL, NCAA, etc it's relatively rare for a player to be a foreigner when compared with European soccer leagues.

>I enjoy seeing Ronaldo fail
you must be a fat manlet then

I was born here to a Russian family who are all (me included) Zenit fans but I have only been to one game last month against Celtic away

>projection

omg

there are a lot of africans on the nfl and the nba bud

A mindlet

it's like webcam sex

Your dedication is terrifying

african american is not african

american soccer is so fucking gay i can't support it, but yes its very difficult to cultivate an emotional connection to a team from another continent. what do i do ;_;

>5' tall chicanos worship a literal midget while hating a 6' ripped white athlete
>projection

I enjoy soccer a lot but the quality of play here is atrocious. I started watching the premier league and it's more entertaining to follow when you support a team. I get invested in the club and matches but I don't pretend to have the connection or passion of someone that was born into it.