The Leftovers

So, Kevin is going to be killed for real when crazy people try to test his "divinity"

and Nora seems to have "aged" because of nuclear radiation from the test to see her kids again, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S4mwjX8iUBA
youtu.be/ukDAfF0-8q8?t=46
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i hate both these theories

nora (sarah) is clearly just old

kevin jr kills himself to save the townspeople from the apocalypse, nora got old and mad because she was left behind. then she dies and goes to the hotel. kevin finds her and they'll sing karoke together and be sent back to a world where the departure never happened but the twist is her husband will be kevin their two kids will be lilly and another one they had together. the end.

Or maybe he just changes his name to hide from those dumb cunts

>So, Kevin is going to be killed for real when crazy people try to test his "divinity"

he is divine though

hi Matt

I watched the 1st episode. It's one of those shows where nothing is resolved and everything is ambiguous. I avoid these series.

Reminder that Kevin is LITERALLY the antichrist and completely destroys everything he touches.

It's one of the shows where it's not supposed to be resolved anyway. The draw of this show isn't the ambiguity it's a character study of how people would react in the event of a existential nightmare scenario. Not many other shows are like that. Stop applying your own rules to shows you watch.

none of the characters have draw and there are too many of them to care about one in particular

Kevin and the 4 Australian Horsewomen of the Apocalypse

Why does Lindelof squander most of his good, novel ideas on bullshit soap opera and contrived drama tripe? I'm happy that Nora's finally investigating something pretty cool (a possible scam where you can go meet your departed loved ones), but I fear that it'll unfold in the stupidest way possible.

>not believing in the second coming of Jesus Christ
Just read the book it's all there

kevin died off screen in the first episode, they flash back to it later though.

Considering it's lindelof, hes most likely going to explain everything, and was just lying the entire time.

>"It was all a dream" ending
I'm going to be mad if this happens, but I can totally see that twist playing out

Imagine being this much of a pleb, holy shit!!

>that awful first episode with a """""cliffhanger"""" ending
>that Nora/Black lady jumping scene
>Christine even appearing again
>that whole "le smart twist!" new tone

this season is just dead to me

what the fuck are you even talking about?
what twist was there besides the end of episode 1

also the trampoline scene was kino sorry you're a pleb

Pleb and proud

youtube.com/watch?v=S4mwjX8iUBA

>At the end of every season we've had this idea of what it means to be a family, we keep reforming these family groups in the show

We will get a somewhat happy ending.

>We will get a somewhat happy ending.

yea, they all meet up in purgatory

bravo lindelof

I think your misunderstanding is based in the assumption that lindelof has ideas.

>tfw my name is Kevin
Kinda made me happy seeing this thread considering it's my birthday

So what WAS going on with that whole afterlife hotel thing?

What was? Don't expect them to ever really answer that question, but I highly doubt that's the last we will be seeing of that place, it has significance in the rest of the story for sure.

theres a second earth/dimension
when everyone disappeared they went to the second one, and when nora passes over shell encounter a second nora she will have to kill if she really wants to be with her family but theres witnesses and she has to flee to australia to live as sarah

Hopefully this isn't the answer, because it's really fucking stupid, and the departure doesn't need a fucking explanation, and it won't because that's not the point of this show.

>S1
>entirely self-contained story about dealing with existential dread that features no supernatural elements with poignant ending
>S2
>magical black people's town, the entire plot is kicked off because Kevin gets himself tangled in a disappearance case, full of cheaply emotional episodes and supernatural crap
>S3
>Kevin is Jesus! Flash-forwards! Everyone has a beard! End of the World! Dude Bible!

>S1 has no supernatural elements

Except, you know, people disappearing in the departure, or the dogs, or the deer, the hunter, or Kevin sleepwalking and doing things he forgets (like kidnapping Patti), or Holy Wayne, or you know any of the other stuff that I'm forgetting to mention. Now of course season 2 has a lot more going on with Kevin's story and him dying multiple times and coming back, but to say that the set up for those events wasn't in the first season is a lie.

considering its lindelof, the actual answer is dumber than anything anyone has thought up so far.

Lindelof will take that as victory and think all the outrage is because people are upset they were outsmarted.

everything in season 1, except the departure, could've been explained without literal magic.

season 2 just starts in with literal magic

so what was going on with the sleepwalking thing?

kevin was the only logical/rational character in the show and it was a cheap plot device to force him into dramatic situations.

And people still continue to say this show hasn't always been strung along by bullshit supernatural mysteries.

He was suffocating himself with bags. I mean, that's a pretty lazy way to kill yourself desu.

He'll die to absolve their sins.

Just watched the pilot earlier, the daughter gets on my nerves.

she gets better

lies. she never stops being annoying

>that Nora/Black lady jumping scene

That scene was goddamned fantastic. The level of pleb in this post is astonishing.

but she also never stops being QT
shame it seems like shes not going to be much of a character this season

Damon Lindelof's instagram is literal cringe

DUDE GAME OF THRONES

>Lindelof series
>Actually believing this will happen

I like the show too but come the fuck on my man. 'Character study' or not there's a fucking guy who dies and comes back to life.

After being shot. With witnesses. If that shit goes unresolved it would be a hack job beyond words.

Is it okay if i skip S2?

are you joking? you can't watch 10 episodes of a television season that was virtually loved by every single critic and most of Sup Forums?

Eh.

did anyone else notice they used this song youtu.be/ukDAfF0-8q8?t=46 when nora was looking at the testimonials