/mlb/ general - ONWARD TO 2018 edition

LAD: Corey Seager (elbow) to play SS next week
MIL: Zach Davies diagnosed with strained oblique
TOR: Stroman (shoulder) will play catch Thursday
CIN: Billy Hamilton (finger) aims to return Thurs.
KC: Moose may wait to sign until after June draft
MIN: Eddie Rosario (triceps) in 'no-throw status'
TEX: Rangers finalize one-year deal with Lincecum
MIN: Dozier, Twins have not discussed extension
CLE: Jason Kipnis swats sixth Cactus League HR
MIL: Travis Shaw goes deep twice on Tuesday
STL: Matt Carpenter (back) not ready for opener?
STL: Carlos Martinez (personal) on track for Thurs

Other urls found in this thread:

tv.pacificleague.jp/vod/pc/topics/digest/24843
tv.pacificleague.jp/vod/pc/topics/digest/24844
tv.pacificleague.jp/vod/pc/topics/digest/24842
youtu.be/7RNMgKnwTH4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

22 days boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis

happy mattyd day

faggot

Reminder that the Braves will win the Eries this year

Are you motogp's ethipiabro?

HOSMER!

HEDGES!

Yes lol. If it weren't for sports I'd be ded

GP season starts sooooooon bruh

>Putting general back into the title
Where's Based BR to make the threads?

Tell me about where you're from. De-personalize it

RENFROE

MARGOT!

>yfw the Padres win the NL West

TATIS JR!

i was lunching while the thread got on bump limit

Guys what are we going to do about the Padres fans problem?

MYERS!

West coast US born and raised, California baseball. Started watching motogp with some based Euro bros of mine but still learning. I don't have a bike but since following I haven't ruled one out.

DUCATI bruhhhh

I'm definitely going to throw a bitch fit that we can't talk about trips or Aaron judge anymore!!!

Are we being a problem?

NPB NEWSU

>Game Highlights

Marines vs Giants
tv.pacificleague.jp/vod/pc/topics/digest/24843

Buffaloes vs Nippon Ham Fighters
tv.pacificleague.jp/vod/pc/topics/digest/24844

Softbank Hawks vs Lions
tv.pacificleague.jp/vod/pc/topics/digest/24842
-----------

>Newsu

- Carps get prospects Yohan Tavarez (Royals) and Geronimo Franzua (Astros), they will get a minor league (Ikusei) contract
- The Central League will use starting pitcher announcements for the Climax Series, beginning this season.
- T-Okada gets even more hurt making himself a meme once again on Buffaloes

The Padres fan cries out in pain as he strikes you

>

What problem?

Notable eras of /mlb/ shitposting:
>philthy detoilet
>rags meths
>doyers jints
>yaks red sux
>cusb whos
>dads ????

>Gnats LOL

Saved this last year.

The Padres fan is immunized against all dangers: one may call him a scoundrel, parasite, swindler, profiteer, it all runs off him like water off a raincoat. But call him a Padres fan and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: “I’ve been found out.”

What does one call a self-professed Dads fan...like myself?

Courage my friend. That is courage.

>happy mattyd day
Why is his skin yellow like Noah “Thor” Syndergaard’s?

Thanks, user.

>Hoffman got in the hall
>Tony's spirit is guiding us
>Matt Stairs is teaching us to arrive hit home runs and leave

We're gonna make it lads

Let me try
>>philthy detoilet
Rollins NoHS
>>rags meths
Real dontremember
>>doyers jints
DG dontremember
>>yaks red sux
TY dontremember
>>cusb whos
molester bajp
>>dads ????
dontseeany goroshigeno?

I honestly don't get why you'd get butthurt about Padres shitposting. Literally the retarded brother of the league just having fun

Clubhouse lighting

For what it's worth, I'll admit to doing a lot of Dads posting, but if it is becoming problematic, I'm more than happy to cut back. I don't want to be a problem for everyone else.

sopa de macaco?

It's not butthurt, its analysis and documentation.

>dontremember
iow generally acted like they've been there before compared to the others

The only way it becomes problematic is if they're actually good this year. I expect it to really be a problem next year or 2020, mostly by false flag shitposters like that Dodgers trip

>not remembering Mr. Metaphor

Cards = Dr.Doak, Kobra, OMDGMHG, E (TLL), LeX,
D-Backs = Commish Red (is a fat faggot), UPTOWN , Freakshow
Rockies = UZ (RIP), nfcLegend/iloveboxxy/iamshogun,
Dodgers = DwighttheDodgerface, Ditka, Emily, RaiderNation, Fluke, Tyrone Biggums (where you been?), Kopitardashian [CHILLINGLY BASED], Rager_Laser [Mighty Matt Kemp], Kings' Cup, Mogo, theRam
Padres = WHO'S YOUR, All Things SD
Giants = Tin_Heart_Warriors, Lady Godiva, California Republic, Bay Area Pride, Awesomugha, Hansa
Yankees = sluggerbro, michael kei igawa, Naoto, Mr. Metaphor, moot?, Dave's Sunflower Seeds Box, Rocky, David Seeds Box, and TJC
White Sox = TheBroFromChicago, Blackhawks/Nucks
Blue Jays = !iN.MY.aRMs, Chief Lazy Horse, GO JAYS GO, Mordecai, Rigby, Jaysbro, mute and Ted Roger's Ghost.
Mariners = user 1.1
Rangers = elvis andrus, Jerry jones, tikibar_beer, angelo state, cyberdwarf, champion, Real, teXaS

Reminder no one can ever come close to matching Feces.

What was your personal reaction to the Recker signing? Please include details if possible.

>Clubhouse lighting
Wow. That looks awful. What’s the explanation for Thor? He looks yellow all the time.

Mets have different lighting? Don't know about their clubhouse.

At least everyone will know the dads fans will have been here before they got good. Can't say the same for all the cusb and lastros lifelongs.

home on a snow day, get to watch subway spring training and no giancarlo, judge or sanchez

Jon Gray.

Speaking of bandwagons, what happened to all those lifelong Indians fans since the win streak?????
Not one single Indians fan this entire offseason... hmm

Yeah all 3 of us lmao

>What was your personal reaction to the Recker signing? Please include details if possible.
Who signed Recker and why?

Recker was signed to the AZ Diamondbacks as a boost to clubhouse morale.

Seconding this very important question.

too bad the padres will never be good
their GM has embarrassed himself time and time again

>is if they're actually good this year.
Personally I don't think they will, but if for some inexplicable reason they did, I'd personally reign in my posting.

I am lax at the moment because like said, I think most /mlb/ros look at our team and we fans of it as the retarded little brother.

If we got better, I wouldn't want us to be perceived as the arrogant assholes. Yes, we'd get shit on, but I'd prefer it if most Sup Forumsartans looked at the Dads as an underdog story of a team no one expected to be worth a shit, being something that a community, that has gone through a lot of punts to the collective sports ball sack
over the past decade, could rally around and finally have something to feel good about.

That doesn't happen if we go from being the retarded little brother to the asshole heel that everyone hates.

Can someone please explain to me how Preller didn't get fired on the spot for blatant unfair MLB policy violations?

Jesus man, it's like you made that list from memory in 2011 and stopped. A lot of those guys were alright and some of them still show up, even under new names.

>Recker was signed to the AZ Diamondbacks as a boost to clubhouse morale.
Bulls hit. How can he improve morale? He’s at best a third-string catcher.

He has a large clubhouse presence.

Some of us weren't even included because we were a lesser trip, that dropped it after Tyrone reeducated us.

Good luck with that, if past history on /mlb/ has any indication:

>royals: 28 year world series drought: supreme underdog, won world series
>blue jays: 23 year postseason drought, pretty big underdog, didnt win but still contended
>mets, are the mets, didn't win but still contended as underdog
>cubs: 108 year world series drought, most definitely huge underdog
>indians: second largest drought, didn't win but still contended as underdog
>astros: no ring yet, huge underdog

Now think about how all those teams/fans were/still are received here.

>He has a large clubhouse presence.
In what ways precisely?

>blackhawks/nucks
FUUUCK. I have a hard time deciding who's a bigger fucking faggot, him or bjap

Forgot to add Cubs and Astros won world series but everyone should already know that so whatever.

There are some odd omissions and inclusions to be sure.

>cubs: 108 year world series drought, most definitely huge underdog
>Thinking winning changed /mlb/'s perception of the Cubs.
We got relentlessly shit on even before the Cubs made our playoff run 2015 and won the world series in 2016. Or is just convenience to ignore the Ottoman copy pastas and bartman? You fags are furious you can't use those anymore since the Cubs won, so you have to resort to aalse flagging tripfag anecdotes.

Don't remember people hating the royals that much but I do remember them getting hate for being from Kansas city, which always gets shit on

>blue jays

Brought an influx of Canadian bandWagoners and their godawful shitposting. Totally deserve the hate

>new York team

>cubs
I don't know about this general but I feel the like the consensus on Sup Forums was like 65% for the cubs. Obviously white Sox fans and people that hate Chicago were vocal

Indians and Astros are a result of bandwagon. The most the Padres would get is false flag shitposters like every popular team gets. I don't get why you'd actually bandwagon the fucking dads

>consensus on Sup Forums was like 65% for the cubs
Pre-2015, sure everyone fucked around with laughing at the Cubs but they had their share of sympathizers too. 65% is probably accurate for the 2016 WS after Cubfags had started making nuisances of themselves around here, but before that it was probably as high as 75% wouldn't have minded seeing the Cubs win one finally.

>I don't get why you'd actually bandwagon the fucking dads
Because all star MVP Eric Hosmer

>Don't remember people hating the royals that much

You must be joking.

I find it funny we're discussing the Padres being the next "worst to first" shitposting team. I had already placed my bets on the Angels and they even already have their star trip in Goro.

>Brought an influx of Canadian bandWagoners and their godawful shitposting. Totally deserve the hate
I don't think non-Yankees fans have ever really grasped how truly awful the Blue Jays shitposting was in 2015.

they came from /hoc/

That's for sure with shit like Sean

And they furiously shitposted in every Yankee gamethread after the trade deadline, regardless of who >we were playing. It was truly a spectacle of shitposting capabilities.

As a Dads fan I kind of agree. I know that is the plan, but nothing good every happens in SD sports. It would be our luck to be the ones that demonstrate that the tanking formula doesn't always work.

Gonna stop you right there, Royals shitposting was fuckin notable.

To be fair, you deserve it.

Thoughts on Finnish Baseball aka the grandfather of americas favourite past time?

the Rangers Blue Jays serious was nuts, especially the game when fans started throwing shit on the field

>tripfag complaining about literally anything
So this is the power of concentrated autism

>have to hit 1500 feet for a home run to center

Ball has to bounce inside the playing area

>Don't remember people hating the royals that much but I do remember them getting hate for being from Kansas city, which always gets shit on

Oh no, there was real hate, don't get me wrong we deserved it, but i'd shitpost again without even stopping to think about it.

>grandfather of americas favourite past time
>First played: 1920s
Sir, I believe you have made a mistake

That said, I'm always amused by the uniforms/equipment and the headfirst bellyflop slides at home plate every time I (rarely) watch pesapallo

It's still interesting and I'm glad it has fans in your country

Ah I see, /hoc/is now this general's Boogeyman.

Some Royalsfag literally caused a /hoc/ invasion of /mlb/ by appropriating one of their memes

Which clipart did they steal?

headfirst is faster than feet first

wad du actual fug?

youtu.be/7RNMgKnwTH4

Shit IDR, I think he put a Royals hat on some short frog or whatever they were into at the time

Are you referring to >rags posting?

If you say so, but they look like dolphins making a huge splash every time

This seems like a terrible combo of Baseball and OTL.

Are any of you going to try to watch Recker play during spring training or with the Reno Aces, the Sneks’ AAA team?