The Handmaids Tale

Anyone watched this yet? It's pretty fucked up, but I got a feeling the world would be Sup Forums and probably most of 4chans wet dream.

its margaret atwood half the internet has a boner for her le i'm so intelligent shit writing

can i get a quick rundown?

Most woman in the world go infertile, and crazy fundamentalist Christians take over the government. Women who can procreate are basically made into slaves to carry babies for the elite, and woman lose the right to money, property ownership, reading, working etc...

oh hi alexis

Alexis is starting to look a bit rough these days.

Atwood is really retarded.
A disease that rendered most women infertile would cause the fertile women to have extreme value. They'd be earning high 6 figures from the government to work as baby factories and even more from wealthy individuals who wanted to have families.

So what's the problem?

>muh evil Christians
already watched Salem, I'm good thanks

Why do you think this is some kind of democracy?

Goes well with 24, Prison Break and Homelands evil Mudslimes. Balances it out a bit.

>and crazy fundamentalist Christians take over the government
>Women who can procreate are basically made into slaves to carry babies for the elite

nigga you could keep the same power structure of the best european nations and it would go down the same way. in times of need reproductive rights will be fought tooth and nail.

?? Has the new series changed the plot? In THT book the religious far-right take over the US and go all 'muh religulous fundamentals': banning science, nearly all forms of entertainment, reducing women to second class citizens, etc.

The protag is a woman who tried to flee the US as this all slowly crept in but ended up being caught and made a 'handmaid' after her husband was executed during the attempt. There is a wave of infertility, mainly amongst the dried up old fundie cunts who are the wives of the new religious ruling class.

Yeah still the same plot as the book, I'm just bad at explaining shit.

>evil Mudslimes
Redundant much?

Christianity, Islam, both barbaric Abrahamic beliefs. But not all Christians and Muslims are evil, just the ideology's themselves are evil, so yes; Evil Mudslimes.

this user gets it!

just the other day I saw a fundamentalist christian driving over some muslims with a truck, it goes both ways I swear

TL;DR: It's about Islam.

>10 seconds in
>main character is a coalburner
D R O P P E D

we have fundamentalist christians in our highest positions of office sucking israels dick and bombing the fuck out of the middle east, a place where we shouldn't be. You could argue that christians have done far worse (in this century) to muslims and eachother than vice versa.

Religion makes people do fucked up shit, no matter which one you subscribe to, and some more than others.
The point I was trying to make before is that it is the ideologies themselves that are the problem, most straight up condone paedophilia, killing gays, infidels, owning women etc... People pick and choose which parts they want to follow, and it makes a big mess.
I just choose to think maybe there is a god, and maybe there isn't, but if they want me to worship them just because they made me, then that is pretty narcissistic and I wouldn't want to have anything to do with that god anyway.

>Janine's mistress faking labor behind her to pretend to give birth to her daughter

The purest kino

>the world would be Sup Forums and probably most of 4chans wet dream
Psst. Neckbeards and autists are way more fucked in this scenario than IRL, just like in any post-apoc scenatio.

But what if the Gov-t doesn't have the money and decides to make them do it for free? :3 Also it was men who became infertile

>All these female cucks

>tfw as a privileged upperclasswoman, you have to watch your husband fuck and knock up another woman
>tfw you have to hold her hands while he does it
>tfw the rule is that consensual sex is punished as rape, and missionary rape for the purpose of procreation is required

Who is winning, in this religious *utopia*?

Wait so that guy that they beat to death probably just had consensual sex with a handmaiden and got caught? Shit I didn't even think of that.

It's your classic "the bad guys are super evil" shit. Worst thing is, it takes itself serious too and acts like this is anywhere close to a plausible outcome in reality. If anything, this is a wet dream of crazy feminists everywhere so they can yell in your face "I know I was right! All men and white people are evIL!!!!"

Also, how many fucking lesbians do they need?

>consensual sex is punished as rape, and missionary rape for the purpose of procreation is required
What is the reasoning behind this law?
Why would consensual sex for procreation be banned but rape for procreation be encouraged?

>Who is winning

I have no idea. The whole concept is insane. There is no reason why this scenario would ever come to be.

Consensual non-procreative sex. Its a *sin* for unmarried people to have sex. Handmaidens are just womb-slaves, not people, so if they have sex with someone who isn't the husband of their mistress, the dude is convicted of rape and killed. The handmaiden might be punished (idk, never read the book, just going off the show) but she won't be killed because working wombs are so rare.

You don't want qt gender traitor Alexis Bledel watching her wife getting hung to death right in front her?
Must be gay.

Yeah, only reason Alexis Bledel wasn't killed is because she is fertile. Also what did they do, sew up her vag? They said she could still get pregnant, so idk.

I don't know for sure. Aunt Lydia said she was a pregnant handmaiden that miscarried, but I don't doubt that handmaidens are forbidden to have sex, because it could lead to uncertain paternity.

Wasn't her wife, it was her lover. Offglen's wife was Canadian and left the States when shit went down.

Also, watching all the overt, violent homophobia in is show is reminding me why I'm so far deep in the closet, holy shit.

>batshit fundie jumpstarts Offred's period with a taser

Incredible

Ann Dowd is always fucking great at playing psycho cunts, like in The leftovers and this.

Watch it? According to the left, we started living it the moment Trump was elected.

This is one depressing ass show, fuck...

Just finished the episode.

It's implied they cut off her clitoris. Female genital mutilation is often used to reduce or eliminate female desire in the cultures that practice it.

That makes sense.

I'm no Trump fan, but actual people believing he would do this shit is mind boggingly retarded.

How much nudity is in this?

Not much, the sex is this weird cuck ritual thing.

holy fucking shit. look how good her body is. imagine that pussy riding your dick for even a day.

THICK

So what are the chances of this actually being good? The synopsis just screams feminist rating inflation bait, similarly to how movies about slavery or black people struggles have extremely inflated ratings.

Rory been fridged? Shit, that's why she never took off her clothes in Gilmore Girls.

Goddamn she aged like milk, just fuck my face up senpai. Lauren Graham is like 14yrs older and yet she still looks way better than Alexis, sad!

The first three episodes are out on Hulu, it's good. Elizabeth Moss can really carry a show, but the supporting cast is excellent to.

That is more pear-shaped

you call that a fridge? are you fucking blind?

>Tfw even Kelly Bishop is more attractive.

she's a mommy now

I cant find a torrent :(

I passed on it.

Zooqle friendo

This but you sometimes have to make allowance for story
>But what if the Gov-t doesn't have the money and decides to make them do it for free?
then it does not have money for anything else.

nah christfags still have the high ground.

feminists. The whole book is made to guilt trip you about the plight of women

topical

>Militia of Fundies kill off Congress.
>Decide to start a New World Order for Christfags.
>Everyone is just all "okie dokie :)"

Was there not a massive civil war? Pretty sure 60-70% of the population and military wouldn't just go with this.

And I think it is only in America.
Russia nuke when.

Yeah, but most of America would oppose this kind of radical govt.

You'd be surprised how many people would turn into psychos if the opportunity came up to make it the norm. Like most people just repress shit because they don't want to go to jail.

batshit christfags were a big portion of the population by the time the coup came , apperantly they became popular with all the infertility.and after the 'terrorist' attack on congress gradually more and more people supported them out of fear so by the time they started making laws they had enough power to go after anyone who wasn't with them and start shooting protesters .

gilead is basically iran on steroids set in america. read up on iran's history\revolution you'll see many parallels in how people's attitudes change over the years.

In the show it's painted out there is basically a civil war, but it's not the focus of the show.

peggy should have been the dyke and this girl should have played ofred. also while she looks nothing like i imagined her from the book serena joy is great in the show.

serena's jealousy makes alot less sense in the show now that she looks WAY hotter then her handmaid. i kinda feel sorry for fred having a hot but batshit wife being forced to fuck an ugly handmaid.

>that pic
boner=induced

Muh evil christians. Muh strongblack bald rebellious 100 yass queen slay. Muh evil Christians

those are bandages senpai, she got circumcised ...