THC in the Water Supply

Get it together Colorado!

via.kdvr.com/saiWp

Other urls found in this thread:

kdvr.com/2016/07/21/hugo-water-supply-tainted-with-thc-lincoln-county-county-sheriff-warns/
cpr.org/news/newsbeat/thc-reported-small-colorado-towns-water
denverpost.com/2016/07/21/colorado-town-thc-in-water/
9news.com/mb/news/health/thc-in-water-of-colorado-town/279189178
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrahydrocannabinol
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Scientifically impossible, considering THC isn't water-soluble.

Nu/pol/ will still take the bait, though.

isn't Colorado a medicinal state?

DUDE WATER SOLUBLE WEED LMAO

No, they're a "decriminalized" state. What that means is you can go to a cannabis dispensary and buy weed/weed products as long as youre 21+, no doctor's prescription needed.

It's led to a lot of tourism and retards moving to Colorado as a result, apparently

This

fpbp

No, a dicriminalized state just means that if you're caught with weed you pay a fine, you won't get thrown in jail.

Colorado is legal for recreational use, which fits with the rest of what you said.

My water bill isn't the only thing that's high as fuck

Thanks for correcting me, I guess I always had it backwards

Wtf i love colorado water now

or.. do i hate colorado water now?

I'm confused, what do?

DUDE

Can't you buy weed soda and shit?

Yeah but in that case it is THCA and it is binding to sugar and fat

THC will bind to fat (lipids) and alcohol. That's why people use weed in recipes that call for fat/butter/oil, like cookies or brownies.

If there's fat or alcohol in the water supply, the city has other problems to worry about

WATER

interesting.

kdvr.com/2016/07/21/hugo-water-supply-tainted-with-thc-lincoln-county-county-sheriff-warns/
Holy shit it's real. I can't even... literally how did this happen? What else is in their water that allowed this?

how many angry niggers are there in Colorado right now?

Whether it will affect people or not is a minor detail, the big question is how a significant amount of THC got into the water supply in the first place and what else might be going.

Fuck off we're full

I didn't believe this. And is correct. THC isn't water soluble. But it's extracted by liquor. I found ten articles supporting it. Denver post, and real news outlets.
> officials dispatched to investigate
It's all they say. The area has banned recreational marijuana, so it's not someone doing anything legal.

Who drug tested the water?
What is it bonded to, to remain in the water?

Weird story, going to have to give it a few days to find out.

t. user who lives about two hours from there

THC is NOT water soluble and article is alarmist horseshit

It can't affect people because it's not water soluble.

Do you understand what that means or are you functionally retarded? THC literally, physically, scientifically, chemically, CANNOT "get into the water supply".

cpr.org/news/newsbeat/thc-reported-small-colorado-towns-water

denverpost.com/2016/07/21/colorado-town-thc-in-water/

9news.com/mb/news/health/thc-in-water-of-colorado-town/279189178

Try actually looking something up, before running your cock holster.

>If a lot of people report wrong information that makes it true

>Prohibitionists are /this/ desperate

>the cpr article
>Hugo, a community of about 730 people, prohibits marijuana cultivation, product manufacturing, testing facilities, and Colorado's retail marijuana stores

I'm sure the THC thing is a real contamination and not just something a town full of morons who don't know anything about the drug they hate crafted from whole cloth.

That's not how it works. THC has a low solubility but it's not completely insoluble.

Thc is not water soluble that's right if I take a bucket load of uranium particles and throw it into my water heater I can drink off the tap no problem uranium isn't water soluble.

God how didn't i realize water softening was a lie that brown Russian water can't actually hurt me gosh thanks druggies for enlightening me.

Were this true for even a second, a non aqueous layer would form where the thc is, meaning it's already chemically separated and removal would be trivial. What this likely means (again, assuming it's true) is thc metabolites the body excretes in urine is in the water (before treatment) because, surprise, people are smoking weed.

And holy suit carbon filters? Trashed just right now I ripped mine out oops the hose tore oh well. I'm going hiking. What, water purification tablets? Pffhaåaåaåah that chlorine Jew TOSSED OUT TO THE BEAR FEED gulpgulpgulp mmm tastes good natural still pond water. Hmm what's this free sample I got in the mail from Mountaineering Quarterly? Mengele Tree Tablets? Oh look all the dirt in the water clumped and sumk to the bottom LIES Pffhaåaåaåah how could I fall for this gulpgulpgulp better get the last nutrients from the dirt in this glass.

WASHING? Naaaah. AUTOCLAVING? Fug no. Needlez right in my toe nail oh fű

DMSO

Heavy metal poisoning is acquired over months and years of exposure because heavy metals accumulate due to the body's lack of effective means to remove them. THC is metabolised in a matter of hours. It's also non-toxic.

>THC isn't water-soluble.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrahydrocannabinol

Underrated. Christ.

>Solubility in water: 0.0028,[6] (23 °C) mg/mL (20 °C)

shiieett booy boutta get lit of dis tapwater rn lmao fuck a blunt lets get yo glasses out senpai

A substance is generally considered insoluble if its solubility is less than 0.1g in 100ml of solvent.

Exactly, i.e. people sperging about how thc being insoluble means it is impossible for water to contain thc are just wrong.

Ok cool I'm going to dump some THC in your cup of water. Don't worry bro it's cool though cause THC isn't soluble in water n sheit

Dumbass weedhead

thanks m8 needed a joint

>Don't worry bro it's cool

It's more than cool, bro, I'd fucking pay you.

It meets the scientific definition of "insoluble".

Only liberal millennials try and re-define words when they get butthurt :^)

Arguments by this ID: 0

Yeah but they're right. It's reasonable and scientifically accurate to consider THC to be 'insoluble in water'.

To put this in perspective, in order to receive a typical THC dose of 15mg one would have to drink over 5 litres of water assuming that the maximum amount possible is dissolved in every ml.

This is yellow journalism and nothing else.

>It meets the scientific definition of "insoluble".
Yes. But the conclusion you retards are drawing contradicts that definition.
>Only liberal millennials try and re-define words when they get butthurt :^)
Agreed. Insoluble does not mean "CANNOT "get into the water supply"" it means "its solubility is less than 0.1g in 100ml of solvent."

>It's impossible to get lead poisoning from tap water because heavy metals aren't water soluble!
Weedfag logic everyone

>it's possible to get stoned from drinking tapwater!!
nu-males logic

Ok you're right

fucking thank you Denmarkbro. this is basic fuckign chemistry, people. literally chemistry 101.

Never taken any drugs in my life here. No really

What does THC do you your head?

Makes you sleepy and hungry.

makes you relax as if all the cortisol was sucked out your body

liberal "progressivism"

the false notion that simply because we are further in the future that these poeple know better than the people that came before them. the military had this shit figured out back in the 50s