There will never be tv scifi this comfy ever again

>there will never be tv scifi this comfy ever again

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hONLh64cLmw
reddit.com/r/Stargate/comments/1ygt48/how_did_the_show_explain_that_everyone_speaks/
youtube.com/watch?v=92_xNVVmtDk
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/81949388/#81950061
youtube.com/watch?v=7BiGhjnsEdc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Vagina_Monologues
youtube.com/watch?v=04QVSxsjxOk
youtube.com/watch?v=zXVp25ckrL0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>le scifi!
>le comfy!
Back to Rëddit with you.

atlantis was better

This was shit though, maybe it was only good for watching when you were a teenager and now looking back out of nostalgia and ignoring all the bad things about it like
>every single episode where they encounter an ancient human or alien species they speak perfect English
>The English of the 1990s wasn't even recognizable until around the 1500s, so it's a major plothole of the series (I'd argue the biggest one of all), and you have to more or less accept it within your willing suspension of disbelief, like how Star Trek's universal translators somehow change mouth movements and work on uncontacted species.
>lampshade it in 'Wormhole X-Treme' by having the writers handwave some logical error by saying "it's no worse than all the aliens speaking english"
>The same episode also lampshades how 'out of phase' people can walk through walls but don't fall through the floor.

I'm not american so maybe this is why I don't understand how to enjoy it, its just silly it tries to take itself seriously by bridging the gap from space to earth but there is so much that doesn't make sense.
Which is why Farscape is better and it still holds up, at least Farscape knows how to explain the language barrier and it doesn't try to bridge the gap from earth to the rest of space

Farscape >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> a nigger > SG-1

Umm, that's not firefly!

>le website is everything i hate meme

gb2 your spam threads child

You're the first person I've ever heard accuse SG-1 of taking itself seriously. It's one little conceit in a genre notorious for the very same one. And it's not like it's something any of those other shows really spend time on anyway, they're just handwaves. People would cry foul even if they did waste time on it, just like they cry foul on everything.

>maybe it was only good for watching when you were a teenager
you are clearly confused, and you meant that for that kinky muppet show

youtu.be/hONLh64cLmw

Mitchell's little tantrum in that scene is the most interesting his character ever got in SG-1.

WATCH IT HOTHEAD

watch it guuld

who /atlantis/ here?

god tier comfy

>not WATCH IT GOUULD

You had one job

I recommend a full spread of Naquahdah enhanced Tau'ri explosive devices

General Hammond.

>Power level over the maximum!

never ever

ask your pals reddit.com/r/Stargate/comments/1ygt48/how_did_the_show_explain_that_everyone_speaks/

Farscape was so fucking shit that Ben and Claudia happily took part in SG-1 taking the piss out of it.

more like SG-JUST

gee

it's been 20+ years
People age, get over it

Hwatch it, Gouuld

Tilk, we absolutely use a hweapon that powerful! Okay Jack, see you later. I totally don't think you're going to do it anyway.

>it's a Sgt. Siler gets seriously injured episode

That episode was glorious.

Did anybody else thought it was strange that in the episode S03E05 'learning curve' all the children recognized Jack?
I mean, he first kidnaps that alien girl and brings her to a (elementary?) school and all the children and even the female teacher seems to recognize jack.
Does he hang out around that school? Does he just randomly goes there in his free time and plays with the children?
Isn't that kinda weird?

He's fucking 65. Why are people like this?

That was probably Charlie's school, and they knew him from when he was alive(school trips and such)

SGA > SG1

Fight me.

What a lucky fucker

I never liked Ronon Dex

Agreed. McKay and Carson were my favorites

go away samefag, atlantis was a huge mess

> A Serpent guard, a Horus guard, and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet.
> It is a tense moment.
> The Serpent guard's eyes glow
> The Horus guard's beak glistens
> The Setesh guard's ... nose drips.

>Teal'c showing off his chest while Carter is covered up
Still gets me.

Atlantis was worth it for McKay and Sheppard bonding.

both mary sue

>fucking newb first day at the sg program gets nominated to 2nd man in command

SGA was just SG-1 recasted with younger edgier versions of the team.

How the fuck is McKay a Mary Sue? the dude had mroe flaws than a Chinese apartment building.

Atlantis was the worst of the three.

Name one likeable character in SGU. I'll wait.

Rush
TJ
Gin
Crippled smart girl

The robot probe thing. It had more charisma than everyone but Carlyle.

>The robot probe thing
you mean...

youtube.com/watch?v=92_xNVVmtDk

Likeable? I want compelling, kiddo.

the medic as always

He's 67.

move to Vancouver & live on every planet from the series

Reddit the character

was it kino?

He's actually back in shape again.

God I wanna get Claudia Blacked

So Farscape is shit then, a childrens show for reddit manchildren ahh I see
So all those 300+ reply threads since now and last year were all samefagging children who could never appreciate a quality show like SG-1

It all makes sense to me now, Farscape is shit how could anyone finish that awful show?
How did that awful show get 4 seasons?

It's crazy. I hardly remember any episodes and I watched all three shows plus the movie specials.

Technically, I didn't say that. I just said that you were griping about a sci-fi trope that by SG-1's era kinda didn't really need addressing because of it's tongue-in-cheek nature. At this point we know if we're going to be meeting aliens every week it would be tedious to have to translate languages all the time. Sure they didn't give you an explanation like a magic earworm or some other universal translator nonsense and sure it's your right to call that lazy, but I still think the Stargate franchise did a hell of a job with their worldbuilding, from terrestrial politics all the way to intergalactic sciences.

Because average shows can get four seasons. They can't get ten seasons though.

I understand what you are saying but after watching season 1 of SG-1 I thought Farscape better, now I realise Farscape is a childrens show and the writing is even worse than TOS, looking back now I realise the characters are all shit, even though Aeryn tugged at my heart and I thought every episode was an adventure, I thought there were hardly any bad or repetitive episodes in Farscape and I thought SG-1 was extremely repetitive and I wondered how SG-1 got 10 seasons and the overall franchise got 350 episodes

But I realise now SG-1 is the better show, Farscape is a joke

I used to think Farscape was a magical show, incredibly good for its time I remember reading partially the reason it was made was for the makeup/scenery artists and other creative jobs it provided. I thought it was magnificent, the characters were interesting the problems they faced, never a dull moment.
But now I understand, Farscape isn't a good show
SG-1 is far, far better
Sorry for even comparing the two, I understand now SG-1 truly deserved its 10 seasons and I can't wait to watch the rest, I can't believe I wasted my time even though it isn't worth anything on a childrens show like Farscape

Not him but fuck you user, Farscape got good after Scorpy showed his ugly mug and its easily one of the top tier sci-fi shows.

I'm glad we see eye to eye then.

Why are you quoting my post from archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/81949388/#81950061 ?

I love Stargate, the plothole around language is just a necessity in soft scifi. Like I say right within that post, Star Trek has the same holes around the UT. So all of Star Trek is shit because of this?

>I love Stargate, the plothole around language is just a necessity in soft scifi. Like I say right within that post, Star Trek has the same holes around the UT. So all of Star Trek is shit because of this?
No of course not, I understand now SG-1 is an incredible show and minor faults like those you mentioned shouldn't diminish the experience, Farscape is shit in comparison Sorry for speaking out of turn, I'll enjoy watching the rest of SG-1 I don't think I'll ever watch Farscape again, I was planning a rewatch in about 2-3 years when my memory is vague enough but its an awful show, I wouldn't give it any of my worthless time
Just one other thing, why is Valla considered a bad character?

>Sorry for speaking out of turn, I'll enjoy watching the rest of SG-1 I don't think I'll ever watch Farscape again, I was planning a rewatch in about 2-3 years when my memory is vague enough but its an awful show, I wouldn't give it any of my worthless time
I don't even know how to respond to this.

Did you wander in here out of the Doctor Who tumblr colony thread or something?

I think its what those regular humans call sarcasm user.

It's such an odd choice for a place like Sup Forums. So dry and indignant, as if anyone gives a shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=7BiGhjnsEdc

>it's an user tries to manufacture a fanbase war between farscape and stargate episode

>my anus when

It isn't sarcasm, I genuinely mean what I'm saying
Why would I think Farscape was a good show? Name one thing I could say in defence of Farscape, nothing. SG-1 is far, far better

sg1 predicted Amy Schummer

no they were referencing this
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Vagina_Monologues

that was a tribute you fucking shitlord get the fuck out of this thread

I'm glad you've been put in your place like this.

What a fucking cuck

I'm glad I think SG-1 is the better show, now I get to enjoy 9 more seasons instead of 4 seasons of shit
youtube.com/watch?v=04QVSxsjxOk
youtube.com/watch?v=zXVp25ckrL0

fuckin sg1 thread and no one posting pics fucking come on guys christ

captcha: games heights

why can't you just enjoy both?

top left
mid left and mid right

F

I never said I hated him you asshat I'm saying he acts like reddit

fft you get word captchas? all i get is fucking match the picture bullshit

be still my heart

Just started watching Stargate and Farscape for the first time. SG1 is fucking great, filled with cool ideas, a great cast, and sense of adventure without taking itself too seriously.

Farscape feels like someone's over-sexualized fantasy world they thought up at 13. The makeup and puppetry is great, but everything else is shit.

Farscape is shit. Do not mention it anymore in this thread.

She stole that hairdo from Fraser.

stargate was shit and the only reason people think otherwise is because they grew up watching it

I grow up watching TNG (reruns) too, I think that it's shit, and stargate is good

if you guys keep saying farscape is shit i'm leaving

Stargate the film was maximum kino, SG1 was damn good for 4-5 seasons. The rest are a waste of time.

assblasted farscgaype fanboi detected