So how good was this guy really in his prime?

So how good was this guy really in his prime?

And how would he do in today's game?

>So how good was this guy really in his prime?
The most dominant player of the modern era.
>And how would he do in today's game?
Probably about the same. There isn't a big in today's league who could hang with him in the post. He'd free up shooters on the perimeter as well.

Big men today are only useful if they'll good at defending and switching onto guards.

He would do well individually but not the same team success. The game has moved away from bigs, so Shaq dominating wouldn't won championship

what kind of dumbass question is this?

shaq would change the game today with all these small ass teams. he'd dominate everybody.

Shaq would be a huge liability on defense today. He always had trouble against bigs that could stretch the floor.

Embiid would probably be the only NBA player that could stand a chance. He isn't as strong, but eventually he would get a few blocks if he could stop shaq from dunking and Shaq literally wouldn't stop Embiid once.

BBQ chicken.

Watching him shoot free throws was always hilarious

how young are you that you cant remember him in his prime?

Shaq trying to guard Clint Capela on P&R's would be hilarious.

>le shaw is slow meme

watch any of his orlando games. guy was flying up and down the court. he only bulked up halfway through his career. in the modern NBA he would've stayed lean and versatile

Shaq had the highest peak in NBA history.

>He always had trouble against bigs that could stretch the floor.
You act like every team in the NBA today has a big man with a Dirk jump shot. Most bigs couldn't shoot back then, most can't shoot now, FT% is at an all time low at the 4 and 5 position. Shaq would be fine on defense bc there is literally only 3 guys in the league at his position that he would have to attempt to guard.

Lakers 2000 Finals Game 1, prime 2000 Shaw is better than Orlando Shaw

He'll score 40-50 a game but give up maybe 20-25 on pick and rolls and such. I'd take the 40-50 any day.

Such a fucking absurd statline, no matter how many times I see it.

He'd be like DeMarcus cousins if DeMarcus cousins couldn't shoot.
>Most dominant player
Lmao

>modern era

Do you have downs?

The mid late '60s and '70s century is universally recognized as the modern era of sports. Why do NBA fags always manipulate and move goalposts to suck off their favorite players dick?

Zone defenses make it easier to clog the paint, less handchecking means more guards are penetrating into the paint getting Shaq into foul trouble.

When the fuck was this supposedly?

The era Chamberlain played in was a joke. He was literally being guarded by 5'9" white guys with crewcuts who had jobs as longshoremen in the off season. My old, fat ass could have put up 15 and 8 in that era.

this is factually incorrect

Chamberlain sucked, gramps. Shaq would shit all over that skinny, rib eating old negro.

The "modern era" in the NBA is widely considered to be either when the 3 point line was added or after the ABA merger

I think 2001

>let his primary rival win 11 fucking championships
>dominant

>So how good was this guy really in his prime?
One of the most overrated players in the history of basketball
>And how would he do in today's game?
Same as then: Get fouled a lot and then miss free throws.

>Shaq would shit on Wilt
Wilt would spin move around him and dunk all day. Shaq was and is too fat and too slow.

not as big as a liability as the other guy he's playing.

look, there is no higher quality shot than shaq at the rim. nobody can stop him. if you want to have your center taking 3s at 30% that's your business.

>He was literally being guarded by 5'9" white guys
t. idiot

Remember that heights back then were barefoot, while today they're + shoes and sometimes exaggerated. So when Wilt was listed at 7'1" he was actually 7'1", while Shaq was really only 6'11". Bill Russell was taller than Anthony Davis. Elvin Hayes was the same height as Dwight Howard.

>names two guys
>they were both as good or better than wilt
Jej.

so good, so much fun to watch. an impossible freak of nature, always worth the ticket price to see him do it in person.

this

you had to foul him if he had position. his hands were so big that the fundamental free-throw technique didn't work. he should have shot underhand like that barry asshole.

but once he had the ball down low he was just too big and strong to defend conventionally. a generational athlete: comic book big but coordinated and quick. impossibly big in person.

i don't think he'd be as effective in today's jump spot league, and advanced stats have killed the traditional low-post tactic.

I named 4 guys and none of them were as good as Wilt. And your comment does nothing to support the claim that wile was "literally being guarded by 5'9" white guys"

correction I named 5 guys including Shaq. Still none as good as Wilt

better than lebron

there’s no nba team in alabama

average height in the nba has remained pretty much 6-6,6-7 throughout its history and short of human genetic manipulation or radical rule changes will always be that way because on average thats the optimal height to play basketball