Has there ever been a more terrifying scene in any movie ever?

Has there ever been a more terrifying scene in any movie ever?
To this day this whole scene is the scariest thing I have ever seen in a film.
youtube.com/watch?v=HNUfmV-ExTQ

Classic Dano

delete this

What a shit film, nor was it scary no.

>Look at me look at how cool I am for not finding it scary.

What's it about, op?

It's cerebral horror

if you don't find this movie bone chillingly terrifying you're probably stupid

Was the scary part? Was it the two hours of people sitting around on couches talking?

There was only one tense scene in the entire movie. ONE. And that was only two minutes long.

A girl dies and her family grieves about it. The girls ghost starts showing up in their photos so everyone gets spooked. But turns out the brother faked all the images. You find this out like 15 minutes into the flick. Theres a twist at the end but nooooooooothing fucking happens the whole movie.

this is a retarded criticism.

what do you consider a good horror movie?

you want two hours of ghosts running down hallways?

good horror is pretty much always the majority of the film being a tense play with creepy themes and ideas and then a satisfactory payoff. This movie did that perfectly.

>nooooooooothing

back to tumblr you fucking troglodyte

Maybe you should follow suit if you're so fucking familiar with how they type.

>this is a retarded criticism
>good horror is pretty much always the majority of the film being a tense play

Yeah and my criticism was that only one scene was tense. Youre kinda dumb

Pic related is 99% of the movie. Except sometimes its someone on a different couch.

I know the woman who played the doppelgänger, it wasn't the main actress - she was just working on set and was made up to look like the corpse.

I'm clearly not going to make you think it wasn't boring. But the point of all that talking was to make it feel like a believable story.
The horror of lake mungo is due to it's realism. its organic. You can say that the only scary part of the movie is 2 minutes long, sure. But as far as horror movies go nothing has ever come close to the sheer horror of that scene.
That scene simply couldn't be anywhere near as terrifying if it was in a blumhouse movie or something similar.

The point of them "sitting on the couches" for the entire movie is to make it seem like some dumb tv segment.

There are like 3 australian horror movies constantly shilled here by aussie shitposters. This is one.

get better taste. this movie was irredeemable garbage and it wasn't scary whatsoever.
dumb faggot

>jumpscare
nice taste bro

What are the others?

The problem is the reveal where the brother faked the photos. It kills any tension the movie had. So from that part all the way up to the lake scene there is ZERO tension. For the vast majority of the film there is fucking nothing happening. As far as the viewer knows the photos were faked so it goes from being a spooky ghost movie to an episode of Unsolved Mysteries. Thats the problem. Until the scene on the lake its just people talking about the most mundane shit imaginable. All they managed to do was create the worst episode of Paranormal Witness ever.

Crocodile Dundee and The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert.