This is so fucking stupid

Sky captain had better airship designs

COMIC
BOOK
ITS INHABITED BY A WW2 SOLDIER, A GOD AND A MIDGET IN A TINCAN
COMIC
BOOK

WHO WOULD HAVE THROUGH STRAPPING JET ENGINES TO AIRCRAFT CARRIERS WOULD HAVE SUCH DISASTROUS RESULTS???

DUDE AIRCRAFT CARRIER AIRCRAFT LMAO

>but not the ubermensch who fly it
sure thing amerikuk

Christ that looks like shit

Test

>still upset by a comicbook movie for children after five years

as long as it keeps offending your autism, I hope capeshit never ends

Stills lifted from a sequence are always wonky. There's probably some camera motion or zooming effect to hide the less than stellar Cgi when it's all in Motion.

>literally stealing ship designs from the venture bros

It's because Jack Kirby was a pop artists with an incredibly abstract style and his designs weren't meant to be translated into fake rubbery CGI green screen effects for famous actors to stand in front of and quip at.

nice bait to be quite fair and honest

>implying

Have you seen any of these movies or ever read a marvel comic featuring a helicarrier? Those things are prone to crashing more than Matthew Broderick. Whoever makes these things For SHIELD is making fucking bank. If I were them I would just keep pumping them out

how much fuel do you even need to lift something like that, let alone make it hover in the fucking air for hours

magic

tony probably built some super bullshit reactor engine thingy

magic lmao

Very poetic as the problem with an Iron Man suit is the portable unobtanium power supply.

Nah, it's cool. Comic book movies aren't supposed to be realistic.

Enough to justify invading a country.

they literally show in Marvel's The Avengers (2012) that the SHIELD ships run on some sort of electricity, not fuel. Idiot.

it could just be a super efficient huge "normal" reactor

Aerial aircraft carriers have been a sci-fi thing since the 1960's. Way to catch up with everyone else on how stupid they are at long last.

Whats the strategic advantage of being able to land jets in the sky?

Rekt

didn't he take it down by shooting one arrow into its propeller?

>remembering technobabble from a children's movie.

>jet engines that run without fuel
so, magic

>aircraft carrier has a max altitude of 30k feet
>jet has max altitude of 40k feet
>jet takes off in the sky for a max altitude for 70k feet

>magic
if you call science that way...

>that one lowly midlevel engineer at SHIELD saying, "I TOLD you flying aircraft carriers was a retarded idea..."

What Atari 2600 game is this?

Having a mobile base of operations that can be positioned anywhere on the planet sounds like it'd be convenient. Probably not cost effective but the US spends trillions of dollars on weapons that will never be used, so why not a cool flying aircraft carrier?

>trollscience
WTF I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work!?

For one, they aren't jet engines, they're turbines in the first avengers movie. In winter soldier, they had been updated to using repulsor technology.

>if i name the "technology" it saves having to explain it
magic then, as the previous user said.

It looks cool

Torches don't power solar panels

>land
>fail to catch cable like it happens a lot of times irl
>your plane falls into port lift fan absolutely destroying you and the plane and causing the carrier to plummet

Your right, you should use a flashlight instead.

Ridiculous nth-degree shit like this is what makes Marvel flicks so boring.

Not really, it only stopped one engine, it has 4

so what was stopping him from shooting 4 arrows?

seriously if your 500 billion dollar superweapon can be taken down by stone-age weaponry, you've made a serious mistake

The least of these movies problems

It would work, so long as you manage to make the entire thing less dense than the section of atmosphere you're in. The same properties of buoyancy in water, apply in air as well.

It is.
Putting your eggs in one basket after the invention of nukes is retarded. The US is lucky they've only had to fight medieval-tier countries for the past 70 years.

>the US is lucky that it has weapons systems designed to fight the only kind of wars we still fight
really makes me think

Are you kidding? It's literally a mobile strategical airfield where they could manuever and bomb the shit out of anything they ever wanted to.

can't wait until we get our college educated and heavily experienced military leaders out of office and get you in charge of everything, i agree compeltely

I'm pretty sure the arrow had an explosive head

This doesn't make a bit of sense with conventional fuel.

If the mother ship was powered by a nuclear core, then absolutely it would make a lot of sense. It could be a reloading dock, refueling station, r&R destination.

Well the central element in a Russian battlegroup is a nuclear battlecruiser and not an aircraft carrier like with the USN.

Then again the Russians can't build aircraft carriers for shit.

who the fuck needs aircraft carriers when you can build SSBN instead?

>fast
>invincible
>can stay undetected underwater for weeks
>hard to locate
>can strike fast and get away with it before anyone can react

>Putting your eggs in one basket

yes that is why america has 10 of them

>giant flying fortress gunship
>only ever use it for crashing or picking up passengers

What a waste of potential.

Holy shit I seriously thought that was PS1 cutscene in that pic. I don't care about your capeshit wars either.

reminds me

neat

Winter Soldier is so overrated. Ok hand-to-hand choreography does not in itself a good film make. All this shit, the dizzying CGI third act, is terrible.

your bait is too obvious m8, not even the same guy you replied, 1/10

>America only has 60 airplanes

What's your point? Imagine what a lone jet fighter could do to it.

It is but not it this way It's more of a white elephant type thing