What did he think would happen?

Did he think he'd waltz off stage with delegates following him like he was the Pied Piper?

Other urls found in this thread:

aol.com/article/2016/07/21/lip-reader-reveals-what-trump-said-during-cruzs-speech-do-you/21436846/
twitter.com/jm_bos/status/755950548390645760
twitter.com/alimhaider/status/756215496836382720
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He originally planned on endorsing Trump but the huge crowd cheering him went to his head. Career politicians are suckers for political power and Cruz is one of the worst

Standing on his principles and on his honor is a reward unto itself, perhaps.

He never planned on it, received a speaking position in spite of it, provided the RNC with a copy of his speech three days in advance, which Trump himself read ahead of time. Nothing was a surprise, except perhaps among those who were lied to that Ted would endorse, or that it was ever within the realm of possibility.

He couldn't help himself. It's his nature. A rato.

Shush, don't ruin the conspiracy theory circle jerks on this board.

did anyone actually think he would endorse?

trump branded him a liar and adulterer, called his wife a psycho, and strongly implied his father shot JFK from the grassy knoll.

what kind of spineless loser would endorse someone who treated you that way?

But he did plan on it. Part of Newt's speech was supposed to include a few sentences along the lines of acknowledging Cruz's endorsment of Trump-Pence. It was even on his teleprompter because they assumed Cruz would stick to the speech he gave the RNC beforehand but he snaked his way out of it.

A source, a source. My life for a source.

>Honor
Right so breaking his oath was totally honorable.

He thought we would respect his moral high ground

His mistake was thinking the voters give a fuck about his opinions. We do not elect politicians because of *their* opinions. We elect them to respresent *our* opinions

The speech he gave to the RNC was 9 minutes long, he went on for 23. He went entirely off script and nobody was expecting it. The teleprompter for Newt had him acknowledging and thanking Cruz for his enforcement.

Loyalty to ones own family and self-respect supersedes loyalty to a party of reprobates, especially given to what Cruz had been subjected to in the course of the campaign. I applaud him, even if I think it might hurt him in the end. But then I'm not wedded to the political success of a single individual. That would be exceedingly stupid.
Let's preempt this. First, you provide the non-existent source that stated Cruz would endorse Trump. A legitimate, reputable source. No speculative opinion pieces from these either.

It's how I get my kicks, sometimes.

>claim to be constitutionalist
>runs for president despite being Canadian

>But he did plan on it. Part of Newt's speech was supposed to include a few sentences along the lines of acknowledging Cruz's endorsment of Trump-Pence
Nope. All the media are provided with copies of convention speeches beforehand so that they have a heads up. All media did not note that Cruz deviated from his script, except to ad in one particular line that they phrased was concilliatory. All media reported that Newt ad-libbed in his speech to interpret Cruz's statement favorably. The hall could have done that themselves, if they wished to, but it was hard to come to that conclusion after the staged demonstration, led by whips.

cadence.

>Loyalty to ones own family and self-respect supersedes loyalty to a party of reprobates

Sure, but that disqualifies him from ever representing any of us in office ever again

Not in my book.

What? The speech that Cruz turned in to the RNC was 9 minutes long, fact. Newt's teleprompter had a line about a Cruz endorsement of Trump-Pence, also fact.

The party isnt yours anymore. You are powerless

Hes an idiot, Trump and Manafort just let him hang himself.

>anymore
You're a sad, sad person.

Again. Newt ad-libbed. Cruz sent the RNC an advance copy of his speech in full and did not deviate from it except to ad one line. Give me a source that says otherwise. A legitimate, reputable source. No speculative opinion pieces from these either.

>MUH 4D CHESS
Trump is going to 4D himself right into the electoral loss that a whole lot of people feared of his candidacy. I saw a show today in which some lip-reader got out of an interaction between Trump and Ivanka that the two were arguing over whether Trump had made a big huge, mistake.

Here it is. Sourced.

aol.com/article/2016/07/21/lip-reader-reveals-what-trump-said-during-cruzs-speech-do-you/21436846/

>muh lip reader means trump is a fool guys

Mine is the only sourced assertion of the thread. This will be seen in retrospect as unmitigated genius if Trump does happen to win, and "welp, we could have seen that coming from a mile away," if Trump loses.

Take the Melania speech flub. 2-3 days flopping around to only come forward with a fall guy after pushing two or three possible scenarios, as if they didn't know all along what had happened. They fucked up, dragged out coming clean, and everybody saw it in the end for what it was - disorganization of the Trump campaign at the highest levels.

He thought:
>Voters are stupid with short memories, no one will remember that I actually said, "Yes, I will endorse Donald Trump if he becomes the nominee" back in March. Luckily the internet doesn't exist and video clips of stuff like that are also impossible to find. I'm such a lucky booger eating rat. Fuck that orange turd. My political career is going to soar after this high-road bullshit. Ted Cruz 2020 bay-beh! I'm gonna go back to the hotel and pork my ugly-as-sin, man-jaw wife.

Why would a rat be Pied Piper?

He holds the bible up high

>someone "lip reading" is totally 100% accurate and believable guys!

then why was he even there?

He was cool with voter fraud but didn't like being insulted.
10/10 human bean

It's far more believable than to think Trump is a political mastermind.

He is rather someone who, underestimated and willing to demagogue with the worst of them at opportune moments, slipped through the cracks between the better strategies that cancelled each other out. I'll give him credit for that. But he's made big mistakes before, and to handle Cruz's speech in the manner he did may yet prove to be a big one.

>implying
nice meme.

What'd Ted do now?

this. i dont know if the ppl saying cruz was ever honorable are memeing or are really just brainwashed cruzlims

cruz is the guy who was first in line to suck donald's cock when he first began to ascend. it was only when there were 2 remaining candidates di cruz finally discover differences between himself and Trump

agreed. the only way he could come out on top and still have my respect is if he mentioned that despite not being able to speak for his wife and father, that he would still forgive trump and endorse him for the sake of the greater good.

but he didnt and now his national political career is shot (besides maybe a supreme court pick, a position that would require such a conscience) but in a way I have some respect for the fact that he wouldnt endorse him. the only problem with this line of thought is that theres no way in hell donald trump will ever give him a seat now, so hes probably going to get real close to the physicians and dietitians of the remaining justices if he ever wants to get on the SC

>Loyalty to ones own family and self-respect supersedes loyalty to a party of reprobates, especially given to what Cruz had been subjected to in the course of the campaign. I applaud him, even if I think it might hurt him in the end.

This is how I felt at first, that Cruz simply couldn't endorse the man who insulted his wife, and I sympathized with that, but then it occurred to me that if he couldn't endorse Trump, he simply should never have spoken at the convention.

But he did speak at the convention, and spoke knowing full-well what an appearance without an endorsement would mean, because he's a piece of shit.

>ben carson is out
>lol we didn't say that
>also no one in south dakota can vote
>lol
Cruzlims are retards.

Committed career suicide.

Not sure why anyone would support cruz at this point. He'll ride your coat tails as far as he can, then once he sees his shot, BAM, he stabs you in the back.

Principles my ass

Kind of ironic how cruz missiles always went on about how Trump was a Hillary plant and in the end, Cruz went out of his way to do something that benefits nobody but Hillary.

cruz honestly believes he has the moral high ground

Of course he planned it. He showed trump the speech two hours before he gave it.

Nope. That's on the Trump camp, driving false expectation that Cruz might endorse in spite of all that was known before, and then using their floor whips to mount the demonstration against Cruz, ending with a timed entry of Trump onto the floor to step on the final lines of Cruz speech.

It's to what Ivanka and Trump were talking about after it all played out.

What does Pewdie Pie have to do with US elections?

I don't get it...

Now they are denying it and trying to act like Cruz is some master tactician and that Trump tricked Cruz somehow.

>14 posts by this ID
>nearly 1/3 of this thread is made up of this guy

What exactly is on the trump team?

Because he came second in the race, and Trump felt it was important that he be there.

Shat the bed.

The initial boo's were orchestrated by Trump/Manafort via loyal delegates, which then cascaded arena wide. Cruz thought it just be a clean speech he could point to for 2020, basically subtly positioning himself on the right side of a Trump loss. Donald Trump was not a true conservative blah blah. Trump/Manafort let him believe he was getting away with it.

I doubt it was a sinister or 4d as some claim, probably just wanted the TV to pickup some dissent, doubt they imagined that crowd reaction + Trump surrogates blasting him + his wife fleeing the scene + shutout of donor suite. But maybe

Isn't the whole point of the conventions to unify the party and rally behind the nominee? Like how every candidate pledged to do? Obviously some sore loser trying to sabotage this by breaking his pledge would get booed off stage. There was no need for any floor whips to animate the audience.

Yup. In modern times the national conventions have served as pep events for the presumptive nominee. It was this way for Romney, it was this way for McCain, it was this way for bush.

I guess he's super honorable except when it comes to his word. He just proved what Trump called him all along. Lyin Ted.

*lyin cheatin ted

Like I said in a earlier thread ted is banking on Trump and the GOP falling flat on their faces in Nov. Then he can pop back up singing "I told you so!, I told you so!" paving the way for his second run. Problem is Hilary could very well run the country into the ground before he gets his chance. That or a civil/race war happens.

Does anyone have a video?

That's cool and all, but how? Was he shittalkin' Trump or somethin'?

Don't worry he has a plan in mind.

Cruz's supposed hero, Regan, knew when to sing the right tune. Regan did so for Ford.

He expected on getting rolled back to the Shriner's hospital.

>Isn't the whole point of the conventions to unify the party and rally behind the nominee?
in "nu conventions," which have been perverted by the national parties (highly influenced by how things appear on television) to be less an expression of the different wings and and the votes of the entire party's base into a coronation with entertainment value only. The more we go away from the way things were, the more it'll be a show run by party elites. This is what Sup Forums today is lamenting, that their party run dog and pony show suffered a bump.

>Like how every candidate pledged to do?
Things occurred after that pledge, you know. And let's not pretend here that Trump didn't publicly vow often, to the cheers of everyone here on Sup Forums, that Trump would violate that pledge if things didn't go his way. You people are acting as hypocritical as Democrats. Without even being Republicans, since probably few on this board are actual card carrying Republicans jealous over oaths to "their" party.

>Obviously some sore loser trying to sabotage this by breaking his pledge would get booed off stage
Trump's play. Cruz has not been the only speaker at the convention who didn't endorsed Trump. Yet Trump thought there was something to gain in that to have him there. He wasn't even the only candidate to fail to endorse, but still was asked to address the crowd. I don't hear anyone shitting on Rand 24/7, for example. Neither was Rand invited to speak, and neither was it not known before hand that Cruz would not endorse.

>There was no need for any floor whips to animate the audience.
There were whips on the floor to animate the audience, widely reported.

Second paragraph

>Of course he planned it. He showed trump the speech two hours before he gave it.

[citation needed] that Cruz didn't give the speech as written and provided to the RNC three day in advance, to which Trump himself admitted reading several hours in advance.

Remember that when Cruz's name was added to the list of speakers it was specifically pointed out that this agreement was reached without his endorsement, when Trump had previously held that nobody would speak without giving one.

He did the right ting. He proved to be a man of integrity, and when Trump loses in November (and HE WILL LOSE) he will be seen as the voice of reason for having the foresight to drop Trump

Oh so it's ok to forsake a vow if you get butt hurt. Gotcha.

He's preparing for 2020 you clueless faggot.

Not a fan myself, but at least I understand American politics.

Where's the source that Cruz turned in a speech for 9 minutes, and only reached 23 minutes because of that extra sentence.

>this. i dont know if the ppl saying cruz was ever honorable are memeing or are really just brainwashed cruzlims
>he stabs you in the back.
Politicians lied about the impact of the things which went down in Iowa and blew it out of all proportion in order to delegitimatize Cruz's well earned victory. A media which never supports conservative arguments or viewpoints did nothing to get to the bottom of the back and forth, or give Cruz the benefit of the doubt.

But fighting against the media and other wings of your own party is what it means to be a conservative.

>cruz is the guy who was first in line to suck donald's cock when he first began to ascend. it was only when there were 2 remaining candidates di cruz finally discover differences between himself and Trump
Further, the fight between Cruz and Trump broke out before Iowa voted, when everyone was still in the race, and was initiated by Trump himself, as Trump attested to in debate, due to Cruz's rising poll numbers. You've remembering this whole primary campaign wrong, and it only happened a couple months ago.

>Trump vows to break with party, run independent
YEAH, FUCK THEM ASSHOLES. THEY DON"T DESERVE ANY LOYALTY
>Cruz doesn't pledge his support to a man with whom he shares 10% political crossover and who all but killed his dog
B-BUT THE LOYALTY OATH

dunno. I asked for one, but nobody provided.

>republicans are faggots

what a shock

do YOU think i made a mistake
isn't the same as
I made a mistake

also, doesn't mean that Trump didn't know Ted was going to pull a Cruz.

So it's ok to forsake your vow because you believe someone else will. Gotcha.

Few others will have that distinction; just about anybody whose anybody signed onto Trumpism. And then there's Jeb.

But the party shows often that it doesn't reward integrity, so there's that.

Watch those straw men user, I live in the city

Also, all procedural arguments are insincere, so please try another plan of attack

twitter.com/jm_bos/status/755950548390645760

"I was standing in the middle of the Alabama delegation and the boos were all natural all the way thru. No whipping there."

how is this even newsworthy

probably the first honorable thing he's ever done

Lying Ted.

twitter.com/alimhaider/status/756215496836382720

"The mood turned sour so quickly — after the insult to the NY delegation — was there time for anyone to “whip” anything? Kinda doubt it."

>isn't the same as
Not what I asserted. I said they were discussing over whether or not it was. Ivanka may have implied to her father that it was.

>also, doesn't mean that Trump didn't know Ted was going to pull a Cruz.
What are you even arguing here? He had the speech, and coordinated his response to it with his floor whips.
>Trump didn't know
Sorry you nominated such a victim. Anyway, I know he plays the victim card an awful lot.

>>>/leftypol/
Hypocrite.

Well, everyone he works with hates him. Is it possible that he really honestly just has a personality disorder?

You must understand... it takes a long time... to say anything... in Old Evangelicalish... and we... do not say anything... unless it is worth taking... a long... time... to say...

He's a horrible public speaker and a blatant spinster. He's forever cursed with the 'Lyin' Ted' brand.

Ted not only stood up for his beliefs but told the establishment ( which now includes Trump ) to fuck off.

Its funny seeing Trumpfags try to shame him for what he did. Maybe he has no shame because Trump is such a fucking clown that the real shame would be to endorse that idiot.

Jeb did that same thing. They are true conservatives.

He had the perfect opportunity to prove Trump wrong about being lyin Ted. But his ego and stupidity precluded that golden opportunity. Isn't Ted a good Christian too? Where is turn the other cheek?

ted didn't hurt trump at all but he did a good job of stumping his political career

Won't be so stumped when Donald loses to Hillary and he is basically saying I told you so.

You'll find that out come November.

>stood up to the establishment
>Wife works for Goldman Sachs and he is butt buddies with the Bushes.
Wew lad.

His beliefs are electing Hillary? Then we were right.

Yeah, Trump losing is going to ingratitude the Republican party to Ted who helped him lose... Oh wait no it won't that's retarded.

Not for the Republicans

This party has no idea what it is anymore. I really don't know who is worse, Trump, or all the RINOs like Cruz and Kaisch.

Notice how the Dems had the decency to just not talk about the fact that their candidate is one of the worst human beings on the planet. They're so loyal to their party that Bernie wouldn't even attack her.

It's only a matter of time before the house and senate get swept out from under the GOP. This is really sad, but it's inevitable at this point. Goodbye second amendment

Cruzlims cucked Colorado over too. This talk of honor rings hollow.

yea we know trump started swinging early for cruz cos he knows a rat bastard when he sees one.

didnt stop cruz from trying to get a boost from dickriding the trump train until it became clear he wouldn't be able to tap into the genuine nationalist fury trump naturally embodies.

>if trump loses people will start liking ted
keep telling yourself that, ted

>if trump loses people will start liking ted

Yeah its not like he got 2nd place OH WAIT

>Standing for his beliefs
>Letting Shillery rape the country by sabotaging the party out of butthurt so that he can position himself for the next cycle
>Not the establishment

wew

what did he do?

Cruz would have lost to Jeb if Trump wasn't in.

Jeb was essentially promised that he was going to coast through like Rmoney did last time, but his shit just got fucked up too hard by Trump