Why do their deluded fans still pretend they're as big as Madrid or Barcelona?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pnvCIdT4AJ4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1. Barca
2. Madrid
3. Bayern
4. City
5. United

> 4. City

>City
>big club

Pick one

Why do americans still talk about non US sports like they have a clue?

why do Brits pretend that their opinions on anything are relevant?

>celebrating winning the Europa league
>something Sevilla has done 5 years in a row

Is Manu Sevilla tier?

Sevilla is better. As we will see next week.

>Barcelona

Barca aren't even bigger than Liverpool let alone United you cluless yank fuck.

Stick to boreball.

Madrid and United are head and shoulders bigger than anyone else and have been for nearly 20 years.

Man Utd won the triple.

It's a well known fact Man Utd bandwagoners are a plague in every corner of the earth. You could spend 12 hours on a bus going to some remote village in Laos and still see kids running around in Utd shirts.

youtube.com/watch?v=pnvCIdT4AJ4

Because we are.

people seem very confused and they seem to think how god a team is on the pitch has something to do with how prestigious and big they are as a club

pro-tip: 3 CL titles in 3 years does not make you bigger than a club that has won 3 CL titles over 100 years, quite the opposite because it's obvious that the 3 in 3 was a fluke/flurry and based on form i.e. a temporary success rather than the mark of a historic and great football club

1. Madrid (based on European success mainly)
2. Man United (fanbase)
--
POWER GAP
--
3. AC Milan
4. Liverpool
5. Barcelona
6. Juventus
7. Bayern Munich
--Smaller power gap--
The likes of Celtic, Rangers, Arsenal, Dortmund, Lyon, Roma, Benfica, Ajax
---gap--
The likes of Everton, Spurs, Newcastle, Hearts, Aberdeen, Boca Juniors, River Plate, Chelsea

Then lastly you have the mickey mouse clubs
LA Galaxy, PSG, Man City, The Chinese clubs, the Zenit and the other Russian billionaire clubs. In fact, it's difficult to even classify these as real football clubs, they are more PR stunts/franchises than anything else.

>Barca aren't even bigger than Liverpool let alone United
imagine being this cunt

found the British retard

so Madrid beating Bayern, Atletico, then Juve 4-1 is luck but United beating Chelsea because of John Terry's slip is because of them being a big club?

How moronic do these Brit/United rags get

>Moyes
>the mark of a historic and great football club

Heartily agree. If football clubs were wines, then Madrid and United would have been lovingly aged over decades by an artisanal orchard owner in rural France. PSG and City would be a bacardi-brand pink strawberry Prosecco that is sold in dirty nightclubs for £20 a pop.

Manu still has the biggest international fanbase in the world because of an a easy marketable red color, beckham and the use of english and being the english team with more premier leagues, the most watched national tournament

Madrid and Barça are now really powerful but it wasnt always like this, after wining the first 6 champions Madrid had to wait 40 years to win their 7th and Barça had to wait til 92 and then 2006 after losing in the 60's, 80's and in 93
Barça has alos benefited from having easy marketable and amazing players like maradona, ronaldo, rivaldo, ronaldinho, figo and messi

Madrid has Floren and Barça has switzerland but Manu have american investors with lots of money and the biggest advertising contracts

plastic asian and muslim fans are more important than trophies.

why not both? like man united have

always makes me smile when people try to use our asian fans against us, like it's something to be ashamed of lmfao

don't think so m8, i love the fact we earn millions from them and i love the fact it makes us the biggest and most loved club in the world

what do you think the trophies are for, idiot? the whole point is to attract fans, players, sponsors and spotlight to the club.

trophies are just another means to an end

Fucking kek, the only thing funnier than customer delusion is how long their essays are

Why do deluded Barca fans still pretend they are as big as Real?

Richest club in the world la

>overwhelmed with debate
>m-m-muh c-customer

if you just want to call people names, try Sup Forums

City have no place in top 5. It's either Milan or Juventus. Milan is fucking shit today so I go with Juventus.

>4. City
>can't fill their stadium

lel

As soon as Messi declines they will fall off hard than AC Milan.

The real delusion is thinking Barcelona are even close to the other two.

People have short memories, or more likely, didn't follow much football before 2006 because they were about 10 years old at the time.

In 2005, a reasonable debate would have been "Are Barcelona a bigger club than Leeds United?"

Now I would say yes, they were but the point is it was a discussion. It was a debate. It was on the table.

I think he's playing a trick.

City aren't top 50.

You could say the same shit about manchester before 1999.

The reality is that the only powerhouses are real madrid, bayern and milan.

United vs Barcelona

more league titles? Barcelona
more CLs? Barcelona
greater legends? Barcelona
bigger social media following? Barcelona
more recent success? Barcelona
more Asian fans? United

State of this post. How could so many huge names play for Barca before 2005 if they weren't a big club?

rags get triggered easily

What the fuck is city doing at number 4, maybe for most club value l0l.

Fucking amerimutts I swear

If Manchester United stopped existing in 1969, they would still be a bigger club and have a greater legacy than Bayern Munich and anyone else you consider below them.

They pioneered European football for England and therefore the world. If it wasn't for United, the Champions League may not even exist as a competition today.

>more league titles? Barcelona
Implying winning in Spain is the same as winning in fucking England. If United were based in Spain they'd have at least 50 titles.
>more CLs? Barcelona
take away messi and what do you have? fuck all.
>greater legends? Barcelona
In what world? Law, Charlton, Best - three players better than anything Barcelona have ever had barring Messi. Maradona wasn't anything special at Barca.
>bigger social media following? Barcelona
Lmfao. You what? Pretty sure the Sanchez transfer was the most re-tweeted sporting event of all time.
>more recent success? Barcelona
That's all you have. That's literally it. And Leicester have had more recent success than United. Are they also bigger?
>more Asian fans? United
More African fans too.
More US fans.
More European fans.
i.e. a bigger club

*I am trolling a bit about the Barca legends, but United are comparable. Best, Law, Charlton, Cantona, Scholes, Giggs, Ronaldo, Rooney, Schmichael the list is endless. Easily on a par with Barcelona's and what about managers - Busby, Ferguson probably the two greatest ever managers the sport has ever had.

>rags
I hope you know that not even Man City fans in Manchester use that term. It's exclusively reserved for the idiots that post on Bluemoon, one of the most embarrassing football fan forums on the web.

>take away messi and what do you have? fuck all.
2 because we lost 3 finals before

2 of your 3 finals you won by people sliping

The only big clubs are Barca, Madrid, Bayern, Milan, and Liverpool
>inb4 LOL LIVERPOO NICE SLIP U GOT THERE XDD
fucks sake they have the same amount of CLs as Bayern and Barca, fucking Ajax (yes they were good not anymore though) has more than United

The fact you are actually proud of this makes me lol.

Manchester United - Pure plastic.

>Are Barcelona a bigger club than Leeds United?
what an abhorrent fucking post
especially considering Leeds have only won a couple of Inter-Cities Fairs cups and losing to two actual big clubs in a pair of finals.

1. Why would you take away CLs that Messi won?
2. It's harder to win la liga than epl, as seen by Spanish domination of CL. If a team that has only won 3 CL can win 20 english titles, then Barca or Madrid would literally win it every year.
3. Law, Charlton, Best are nothing compared to Messi, Maradona, Iniesta, Ronaldinho, Xavi, Cruyff
4. Barca has more twitter, facebook, and instagram followers than united.
5. United's "legends" are nowhere near Barca's. The fact that Ronaldo is considered their greatest ever player by many despite only scoring 20 league goals once for them and using the club as a stepping stone to Madrid where he's made his true legacy says it all.

the customer is right though
barca was a literal who club before rivaldo-ronaldinho-messi era

what an absolute moron, barça won lots of international trophies, we just hadt bad luck in the finals of 1960 and 1985
we won cup winners cup and uefas

boggles my mind that people actually care about how many other people support the same club as them, would be pretty boring if everyone was a sheep and there were only 2 teams in the world

inter-cities fairs cup was the top competition while it existed, it was the official uefa international tournament

>Law, Charlton, Best

all ballon d'or winners and charlton a world cup winning captain. you have no idea what you're talking about

It's time for you to go back pablo

>The fact that Ronaldo is considered their greatest ever player by many despite only scoring 20 league goals once for them and using the club as a stepping stone to Madrid where he's made his true legacy says it all.
he should've never left it honestly

It wasn't, what are you talking about? The original European Cup existed at the time, and the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup wasn't even UEFA-sanctioned.

>United's "legends" are nowhere near Barca's
You're right, they're better.

All over the pitch too.

no it was fifa and that's why uefa doesnt accept it but its the same case with the european cup and the champions league, uefa did both so they consider it the same trophy

The ICFC is considered the UEFA Cup/Europa League.

>Comparing Iniesta to those others
Laughable desu. Might as well throw Carrick in there.

Your post is all sorts of dumb.

Cruyff wasn't all that at Barca, Maradona either. How many European cups did he win?

Pro-tip:

Copa del Rey: 1983
Copa de la Liga: 1983
Supercopa de España: 1983

John O'Shea's United career was more impressive than that.

Ronaldinho was great, but I raise you Cristiano.
Xavi? good but I raise you Paul Scholes.

Could go on like this all day.

Law Charlton Best are untouchable. Three Balloon Door winners too for what it's worth, because I know how important you think these awards are.

-Charlton was not captain you Mooreon
-Messi, Cruyff, Maradona, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Suarez, and Stoichkov all won ballon d'or as well

>this is considered a Manchester United 'legend'

Peter Schmeichel
Dennis Law
Roy Keane
Rio Ferdinand
Duncan Edwards
George Best
Paul Scholes
Denis Irwin
Sir Ryan Giggs
Jaap Stam
Gary Neville
David Beckham OBE
Nemanja Vidic
Sir Bobby Charlton
Edwin van Der Sar
Ruud van Nistelrooy
Wayne Rooney
David de Gea

And those are just the obvious ones.

yeah ok Giggs and Scholes are up there with Messi, Cruyff, Maradona, Ronaldinho, Xavi, Iniesta.

2nd tier Barca legends like Alves, Puyol, Eto, Busquets, Rivaldo, Stoichkov, and both Luis Suarez(es) are literally better than United's tier 1 legends

Would add Evra in there as well.

Best LB in the world for 3-4 years, part of European Cup winning team (with two runners-up medals) and won 3 premier league titles in a row.

>Alves
>Puyol
>Biscuits

'Legends' wew lad..

Puyol is maybe a legend for his appearances and loyalty but I could say Wes Brown. He was a better defender, won more trophies, and had similar loyalty/appearances.

Wes Brown better than Puyol....

Thanks for proving how retarded you have to be to think that United's legends are on par with Barca's

Scholes was comfortably better than both Iniesta and Xavi you fucking clown. Both of them have admitted as much themselves.

They were literally fighting over who got to swap shirts with him when they played.

Giggs while not on the same level as Messi is as a footballer (not many are) is easily as much of a legend as Messi is.

The biggest united legend.

Uhh... Yeah he was. Easily.

Puyol was fucking shit. All over the place. Diving in with stupid challenges because he was caught out of position and was tactically inept in the first instance. A typical 'crowd pleaser' who 'wore his heart on his sleeve' and all that bollocks. Average defender.

Wes Brown was at least world class level for a season or two.

the same Scholes who got in the pfa team of the year twice in 20 years better than the midfielders who dominated club and international football for 5 years....

I thought you were talking about Keane and Vidic for a second

Saying Giggs is as much a legend as Messi basically invalidates everything you have to say

yawn. do brits get tired of saying the same shit over and over?

Not really. They have already bought Coutinho and Griezmann is coming in the summer. Those two alone will ensure that Barcelona will reach semifinals for the next 5 years no matter what happens with Messi.

Thread fully exposing the Brits as a bunch of delusional idiots.

you say it as if it's news

Not that guy but Giggs has won more trophies than any other player in history. Not a global superstar like Messi but his achievements are comparable.

I hope you are right Sven

>mfw Liverpool is a bigger club than ManU in every possible aspect

Are you from wales or something?

The Brit in the thread literally said that winning multiple trophies in a short time is just being an era-babby and being consistently at the top for a long time means you're good but doesn't realize it also applies to plastic united

Lmao nigger. I fucking loathe buyern, but one plane crash was obviously not enough.

Weak b8

>Coutinho
>Griezmann

Literal chokers with close to 0 trophies won are supposed to ensure Barça legacy after Messi? LMAO

Like United weren't bending over backwards for Griezmann who then snubbed them

ABU BTFO

good thread

This is a shit thread full of the English arguing with mestizo American scum who are gay for Barca.

exactly

good thread

Beating them so much the last years head to head (4-0, 5-0,0-4,2-6, 0-3)

> tf

Man United , Real and Barca are the biggest clubs in the world. Liverpool are up there too. After that you have Bayern, Juve, AC Milan etc. Man city is not even close, Chelsea and Arsenal are bigger clubs than Man city. I wasn't sure if some people were baiting in this thread their posts were that disgusting

> Bayern 3rd

Shit opinion desu. They're not even top 5.

Manchester United and Liverpool aren’t big club anymore

>City

Terrible bait

>Barça over Madrid

historically liverpool is bigger than united
juve has many more wins than milan in their league but has far less CLs
The only teams that are big are the ones that were able to keep their CL title permanently

96 scousers who died at hillsborough burning in hell imagine the children screaming and burning imagine being THAT shit

1.Madrid
---
MASSIVE POWER GAP OF 6 DECIMAS
---
2. Somebody else

No, the ICFC is considered its own thing, like the Mitropa cup. It was disputed by teams from cities that had a trade fair, which means that it didn't matter how good your team was if it wasn't from a city with a trade fair. Some of the teams like "London XI" were mixed. Like the Mitropa cup, reserved for teams from a few countries, the fact that the requisites were so restrictive and the fact that they weren't organised by UEFA mean that neither ICFC nor Mitropa are considered equal to the UEFA Cup.

We all like you Chapuisat, you don't have to be a fag about it tho

If your club does not have a UEFA badge of honour on its sleeve, it is not a big club.