en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_America's_Cup
youtube.com/watch?v=xIW1DWm8Gh0
youtube.com/watch?v=depfNKp_mP4
youtube.com/watch?v=01JGnoYkmB4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>this does not slip

Context please

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_America's_Cup

After leading the Tampa Bay Rays by nine games in the AL wild card race on September 3 — when their odds of reaching the postseason peaked at 99.6% — the Red Sox lost 18 of their final 24 games

Up until the final game of the 2011 season the Red Sox were 77-0 going into the final inning with a 3 run lead

Then they went into the final game with a 3 run lead, and if they won the game they went to the playoffs

Naturally they choked and lost

most iconic national kit? I think so

In this decade it's hard to top

>Indians
youtube.com/watch?v=xIW1DWm8Gh0

>Falcons
youtube.com/watch?v=depfNKp_mP4

a better summation of the night's events.
youtube.com/watch?v=01JGnoYkmB4

>up 7-0
You will never convince me that the Yankees didn't intentionally throw that game to fuck over Boston

seems like a minor thing

It was the biggest collapse in the history of baseball. It's hard to compare it to other American sports because basketball and hockey have silly playoff systems where they give out spots like participation trophies and football has so few games that your odds of making the playoffs are 50% luck.

there's no convincing, it's obvious, and I'm so fucking glad it happened
t. Yankees fan

every time i see a faggot wearing one of those around campus i can't even describe the disgust i feel

It was a MASSIVE choke job.

With 24 games left - if the Rays somehow won all 24 of their games, the RedSox only needed to win 15.

Shit all the redsox had to do was go 10-14 and have the Rays go worse than 19-5 and they made it too

And yet they did it, and then on the final game they were perfect all season...until they blew it

It was
is just a Yankeefag who is still assblasted about 2004 and the fact that the Yankees haven't won shit in almost 10 years now.

>worst terrorist attack in country history
>get BTFO in the World Series by a team from Arizona

>it was
No it wasn't. It was a hilarious collapse of epic proportions.

>is just a Yankeefag who is still assblasted about 2004
I'm an Orioles fan. But thanks for letting us now that you're a Red Sox fan, really makes your post look objective lol

*know

too complicated to understand

fuck your dumb sport, give me something that fits in one sentence

In the Spanish league, Atletico Madrid are in 2nd place with 61 points. Sevilla are in 5th with 45 points. There are 11 games left in the season. Imagine if Atleti choke so hard that they finish 5th and Sevilla finish 4th. That's basically the equivalent.

So it's fucking nothing

Choking a 16 point lead in 11 games to miss the Champions League is nothing?

hes a nigger what do you expect numbers are hard for him

Mildly embarrassing, this isn't something historic like 18-1, nobody would remember it after 2 years

>nobody would remember it after 2 years
This thread quite literally proves you wrong, dipshit

If your analogy is sound, this thread is dumb as hell

That shit is peanuts compared to 18-1 Patriots, 28-3 Atlanta or 7-1 Brazil. This 77-1 shit is just an assblasted Yankees fan. I've literally never heard of 77-1, and I'm a die hard babsel fan

I didn't make the analogy. You're the one who isn't able to grasp what a big deal this is, and that's fine. It's not a sport you understand.

>your teams greatest achievement during your lifetime is making another team miss the playoffs
lmfao

The 77-0 was the final game that was the cherry on top of their epic collapse.

It was bigger I would say than 18-1, which was a single choke, when they barely beat the Giants 5 weeks prior.

I'm a braves fan btw (We only choked away a 8.5 game lead in 24 games that year)

[BLACKED]

Notice the father not in the picture

>losing out on a WC slot is worse than losing the championship game during an undefeated season
'no'

2004 ALCS is objectively the biggest choke though

Then come up with a good analogy, this is lame as fuck. Missing the playoffs isn't so relevant. With that awful form the would have gone one and done anyway.

you'r'e literally retarded
you think any red sox fan is losing sleep over muh 77-1? Bullshit. Yes it was a big collapse. But losing a potential WC spot aint nothing on playoff and championship chokes. Next you're going to tell me the Giants blowing a 9 run lead in spring training 2 weeks ago is meaningful.

I hate the Red Sox, but I don’t think anyone can argue that the biggest collapse in the history of baseball is the Yankees becoming the first team to lead a postseason series 3 games to zero and then lose the next four. That’s the biggest collapse ever by definition.....even if there have been sustained late season collapses.

Postseason is what matters.

2004 ALCS blows this out of the water