ALCOHOLISM GENERAL

I'm getting worried Sup Forums, I can't stop drinking. I don't even socialize with people outside of what is necessary anymore. Everything that I see in the news and media today only serves to disgust and anger me. The only peace I find is when I'm drunk.
I'm only 21, I've been drinking since I was 15, and all I do now is either hang out at the bar and play pool alone, or stay home and watch Clint Eastwood movies while getting drunk.
Does anyone else know my feel?

I used to be the same way. I was a drunk from about 21-28 and basically spent my life in a bottle. Around 29 or so I shaped up, quit drinking and smoking, started eating healthy and working out, and by 31 I was awash in more pussy and sex than you could ever imagine. I also got promotions every few months until I became CIO of my company and the youngest c-suiter in the company's history. By 35 I grew disillusioned of life in general and crawled back into a bottle. Now I am 38, obese, lonely, my career is on the ropes, and I can't fucking stand being around women.

I hope you find a way out before you self-destruct the way I did, because I'm probably about to end it all soon.

36 here and functional alcoholic for about 8 years
No end in sight for me other than certain suicide

fuck man, don't kill yourself, that's the pussy's way out. I may be a depressed waste of skin but at least I have enough balls to keep going

I am also a drunken degenerate, its just a habit at this point. Once im done with what I have to do for the day, I just drink. I want to stop but I just find myself bored and unsettled when I dont

You're also 21.

Like I said, don't self-destruct.

I struggle with alcohol for sure. I can often abstain for about 2 weeks tops and then when I slip, i fucking slip.

Been dry for a few days now. But it's my birthday in two days and the only thing i look forward to about it is the idea of a couple four-packs of nice cold beer.

Life is shit without alcohol, for sure. On both a global and a personal level. I'm just fucking sick of everyone, really. I don't know what I'll do. Only have one shot at this crazy fucking thing that is "life" but, I'm just so fucking tired, depressed and scared.

My deepest sympathies to all others in a similar situation.

>blogpost about your alcohol dependency on Sup Forums
>>oh shit man dont worry hang in there I was in the same boat

>blogpost about your cannabis dependency on Sup Forums
>>DUDE WEED LMAO KILL YOURSELF DRUGGIE

really gets the brain cells firing

Do you have a cannabis dependency?

Same here, the most I can go is a couple of weeks without a drink. It's always some bullshit I see on the news that sets me off. I just feel like I can see the world ending so I might as well enjoy myself before the big one comes.

Weed dependency isn't really a thing m8, even if you do smoke weed 3 times a day every day, you are doing nearly as much harm to your body as you are when you are a daily drinker.

drink 20 ish beers a day

What really gets me going is when its late at night and Im stone cold sober feeling like shit, and I wonder what the benefits of quitting are. Then every form of media that could distract me usually just reminds me of drinking in some way

Well I cannot eat/keep food down if I don't have a toot or vape after waking up

not to diminish alcohol dependency, I know from first-hand experience that alcohol withdrawals are lethal as I've babysat family members who were detoxing from alcohol and it's hellish.

Yeah. I'm an antisocial drinker too but I have a wife and a few good friend that I'm close with. I drink every day though.

Same here but with heroin

the way I see it is that our entire modern world is one big addiction, sure you may be sober, but your addicted to tv, internet, video games whatever floats your boat. Everything in today's society exists to distract us, all your friends on social media don't matter, your facebook profile doesn't matter, but we've been so far removed from our natural environment that we mistake these things for reality.
At least when I drink I feel something.

Life without alcohol is permanent mental hangover.

don't see a problem with alcoholism unless you consistently do stupid shit or violent shit while drinking, tried and true self medication otherwise

being a drunk on the other hand, like getting shitty all the time and stuff, is bad.

Same shit. I'm drunk almost every evening matter work for a month. I failed English exam and probably I will be expelled from graduate school(why should we learn it?). If I will not pass the exam in next month, I don't even know what to do...

English is pretty much the lingua franca of the 21st century

this has nothing to do with politics you weak willed drug addict bitch

fuck off dingo fucker

Good luck Ivan

I'm kinda worried about my drinking. I used to have alcohol occasionally, only at weekends. I'd drink a lot at uni, but I could always abstain during weekdays. Then I left and life got steadily worse, and I became an insomniac. I could only get to sleep by smoking a joint every night. This stopped working after 6 months so I then started drinking 4-5 pints a night, and 2 joints to maximise the high in order to sleep. I've been like this about 80% of nights for almost a year.

I want to take a break from Sup Forums and politics because its giving me a more negative outlook on life.
But goddamn this election is a one in a lifetime event and I just can't look away. I'm scared if Trump is POTUS I won't ever look away.
I want off this ride desu. Can I ever blue pill myself again?

2 months since I've had a drink. I used to have a bad coke habit as well. Started taking Xanax here and there just to have something to look forward to. Overall I can see things from a more clear perspective w/o booze.

Overdosed on heroin and passed out in my own vomit from drinking and ended up in the ICU for 5 days. It's a miracle I survived really but alcohol is the # 1 gateway drug.

Get your doctor to put you on a gaba drug like gabapentin or pregabalin, seems your body needs gaba to relax, worked great for me

>Can I ever blue pill myself again?

Can you unlearn things you've learned, willingly?

That's your answer

I can quit a week at a time but then the rage builds up and I feel like I need to get drunk or kill myself.

I don't blame myself for it desu, the world is pretty shitty.

Nope, I know I'd become an alcoholic so I stay away from it.
I stay away from all temptations, it's easier than moderation.
Doesn't matter if it's food, sex, drugs, working out, alcohol, once I start I can't stop.
Only things I can moderate are the things I don't like doing, lol.

EVERYDAY IT STARTS
ANXIETY
same here, drinking and vaping every day, now with melatonin to help turn myself off

stop now, OP, and you'll be ok.

my mother drank all her life. ended her relationships. she got "fired" from her job early (forced retirement) because she drank just about every night. she has constant health problems associated from over-drinking. her kids, including me, don't really want to be around her.

it may seem like a fun time now but it will hurt you greatly the older you get. a lot of people don't realize this because they haven't ever had to deal with a relative/friend who has been an alcoholic.

to be fair though, you're Russian, so it's pretty much expected that you're an alcoholic.

No way

Not that hard desu mate, the hard part is not doing it.

Two of my grandfathers were alcoholics. My father is a strong-willed, functioning alcoholic with a well-paying job. I can't get addicted to anything, no matter what. I smoked, I drank, I blazed and I orgasmed. My presumed genetic predispositions should suggest otherwise but I never got addicted to any of these things. It's not like I did them in moderate doses, either. I once went abroad for two weeks and drank myself to the edge of consciousness with vodka every single day. I don't have any impulses to go for the very same brand of vodka I drank back then eventhough I have it in a small bar right next to my desk.

I guess I'm just lucky or self-hypnotized through lucid dreaming that I practiced heavily in my teenage years to get rid of my nightmare problem, which I did get rid of. Whether it's just placebo or not, it's still very effective to this day. I'd recommend trying that alone or with some hypnotizer, though I've heard that these people almost always tend to be lying scum.

Good luck with your problems, guys. You're going to need it.

I get what you mean about Sup Forums, but most of the anti weed thing comes from it being pushed as a magical hilarious cure of cancer.
Why cant you keep food down if you dont vape after waking?

alcoholism is a terrible ball and chain. I've struggled with it for going on twenty years. no idea what to do. good luck and I hope you figure out a solution.

Alcoholism has no benefits. yeah some people can function and live there lives, but it fucks you up in the long run.

Either stop drinking now or become a degenerate for the rest of your life unable to control your very self.

If that proves to hard for you, drink yourself to death. You'll be nothing more than a statistic to me.

same here but benzos as well

why live boys?

I've seen first-hand the effects of dying from liver failure, and it is pure suffering
The mind starts to go along with it, too.
I've got about 15 years before it begins setting in, but once it has, there's no turning back.
Suicide is mercy in comparison to what awaits me.
Nothing will be happening for at least 10 years, though

Alcoholic of 12 years here, OP.

You know what's at the bottom of every can and bottle? Lucifer.

Jesus loves you. When you feel a craving, pray. Every time. You gain mastery over the flesh when you draw near to the Lord. It sounds cliche, but it's true. Am I tempted? Absolutely. All the time. That's a human thing. But, I think of all the regret, all the mistakes I made, because I was drinking, and know that my freedom from that is with Christ.

Whoever you are, I love you, too, and I don't want you to despair. I want you to imagine a life without alcohol. I want you to envision yourself a free man, and to understand that Jesus is the way to throwing off those shackles and living life to the fullest, with a purpose.

I think I would have killed myself 15 years ago if it wasn't for booze desu.

I know your exact feel.

I started at 15 as well, and I quit at 21. At my worst I was drinking 30oz of whiskey and a few beers a day. Longest bender was probably over 800 days straight.

If you want to know how to get sober and stay sober, I can help you, but there needs to be enough interest.

damn. hope your doing alright.

I agree, but I dont think its a modern phenomenon. Its just in the past you had to work all day to survive, so you always had something to do regardless of vice. Vices existed to relieve people in the past of how shitty working all the time was, now vices exist to fulfill the void of having nothing fulfilling

Jesus can save you.

>If you want to know how to get sober and stay sober, I can help you, but there needs to be enough interest.
Is this AA/jesus bait?

No, I'm anti-AA. If it works for you, that's alright though.

I'm a secular recovering alcoholic. I believe you do have the power to quit on your own, but supports like AA and addictions counseling can help at the start.

>Why cant you keep food down if you dont vape after waking?
I've conditioned my body for so long to eat after getting high that I can't ingest normal/full amounts of food without feeling nauseous or sick if I'm sober.

Started attempting to fix it by eating something small like a yogurt after I wake up before getting high though

Life got a lot better when I switched to only beer

I get drunk now maybe 3 days per week tops, but its never at home and always social

No man, that's mild withdrawal.

I actually went through that as well, used to be a heavy duty stoner as well. You feel nauseous and your appetite is nothing.

It'll come back after 5-7 days though.

Most alcoholics lack that control.

We start out with beer and end up with drinking massive amounts of liquor every day.

I wish there was a bar for people like us so we all feel less alone

It's become crippling alcoholism for me for the last year and a half. I know that feel. I am hoping to turn it around but I just don't know.

Alcoholic here.

it is getting worse fast. Not sure what to do.

so you wanna be a nlgger/native american and live off the land and be ONE

I managed to quit drinking for 2 years after a psych got me onto Cymbalta. I fell off the wagon about 18 months ago. I guess I just got distracted with career shit and forgot the importance of having a healthy life. Anyhow, I definitely notice my anti-depressants reduce cravings for alcohol. I just need to get back into exercise, meditation and diet to get back into that sweet spot where I stopped drinking completely.

Try smoking weed instead. I have a few shots of brandy at night, but only because my job drug tests after accidents. Otherwise I'd be unwinding with some vapor.

So do I just go cold turkey for a week or two? That's how I quit smoking the ciggies, but I used tobacco as an appetite suppressant and a stimulant

I think not drinking is easy but not killing yourself isn't.

I think killing yourself is pretty much the 'correct' response to life but it's a bummer to loved ones and such.

So far drinking does less harm, but I've gotten pretty good at minimising the intake.

Tell me about it.

Back when I was still drinking a 60 ouncer of whiskey was $50-60. At least for decent stuff, I never drank the real expensive shit.

I gave up mostly on eating though, and solely got all nourishment from booze, so I ended up getting severely malnourished.

I drink maybe three times a week and I thought that was bad.

I'm sick of it after that. I couldn't imagine drinking every day.

27, 'functional' alcoholic for 4 years, I just wish I could end it in a fun way.

I love drinking but am too scared to go to a bar alone with no friends, so I just sit here in my room sipping and watching the world burn.

Try and stop now m8 it only gets worse.

t. 30 year old 4 years sober

Try weed instead.

>D-degenerate!!!

No, believe me it's loads better.

Sup Forums doesn't help, lol

Over the spring I loved going out with my wife and friends, getting plastered, and coming back to watch the primary results... and these last few weeks with all the happenings... good times

i feel so boss, not being addicted to anything, i bought 100 dollars of coke and only did it for festicals. only get drunk for festivals and trump rallys.

sucks to be you losers gettting drunk while browsing Sup Forums how degenerate

Yeah cold turkey is fine with weed.

You'll feel off for about a month and you won't feel normal for a while, but everything will eventually go back to normal.

Either moderate your usage or quit completely.
Sounds like you actually have some control while most of us don't.

Relax, trump will probably win. No need to even put conscious thought into it till the debates. Or if you invest. Then politics become extremely fun.