Why didn't Sauron destroy the entrance to Mt. Doom?

Why didn't Sauron destroy the entrance to Mt. Doom?

He never imagined that anyone would sacrifice the power of the Ring to destroy him.

That's pretty stupid.

The real question is why did he wear it over his armour instead of under.

do people still remember what happened in some movie 20 years ago.

i hardly remember a movie i watched a week ago

But he was right.

your life must be fucking sad

How so?

The Ring was destroyed accidentally

That proves my point, not yours.

because that would have been a bitch move.

and Sauron wasn't a bitch.

The ring wasn't willingly destroyed, Illuvatar flicked Gollum over the edge and into Mount Doom.

No one was strong enough to sacrifice the power of the ring to destroy him. Frodo gave in

Wasn't he a pretty boy who basically backstabbed everyone?

Why didn't Sauron just fuck Frodos boipussy?

As I said, that proves my point.

Sauron didn't expect god to intervene.

How did Shelob sting Frodo in the chest if he was wearing the mithril vest?

Did you not say it was stupid that Sauron "never imagined that anyone would sacrifice the power of the Ring to destroy him"?

Why didn't Frodo shitpost his way to Mordor?

Seems to me like Sauron is an idiot. If the only way to destroy the ring was someone willingly throwing it down the pit, then indeed it would make some sense not to bother destroying the entrance, but as said in this thread, the ring can accidentally be destroyed, which makes it foolish to leave the only way to its destruction accessible.

These mental gymnastics are getting out of hand. I call it shit writing.

As a reference to the main point, I did. It is.

Because the Mods were getting payed too much to let that happen

was the ring supposed to be drugs? I don't get it

It was too big for his finger. Didn't want it falling off.

touched a never there, huh, OP?

For visual reasons since it didn't really matter in the book, Isildur cut the ring from Sauron's already defeated body, it's not like he chopped the finger while he held it out in the book.

fuck off asshole, I'm the OP

Well no because losing the ring is what causes the defeat of Sauron. Point me to the quote that backs up your statement.

It was his cock ring

"Gil-galad, Elven-king and Elendil of Westernesse who overthrew Sauron, though
they themselves perished in the deed; and Isildur Elendil's son cut the Ring
from Sauron's hand and took it for his own."

Gil-galad and Elendil defeated him and died doing it, Isildur then took the ring.

would the ring enlarge your cock, say if your were a male prostitute and fucking was your specialty?

Right however in the Silmarillion Isildur states it was he who dealt the killing blow to Sauron. As I always understood it, Elendil and Gil-Galad died fighting Sauron which weakened him but it was always Isildur who actually "beat" him.

"But at last the siege was so strait that Sauron himself came forth; and he wrestled with Gil-galad and Elendil, and they both were slain, and the sword of Elendil broke under him as he fell. But Sauron also was thrown down, and with the hilt-shard of Narsil Isildur cut the Ruling Ring from the hand of Sauron and took it for his own. Then Sauron was for that time vanquished, and he forsook his body, and his spirit fled far away"

He delivers the killing blow (kinda) but it's clear that Sauron's body is already down and out, this is the Silmarillion quote by the way.

But Sauron can't be beaten without parting him from the ring so while the others lowered his stamina to 0, he would recover fast with the ring still in his posession. But I agree in that it doesn't matter in relation to that guys post

>Right however in the Silmarillion Isildur states it was he who dealt the killing blow to Sauron.
And Gollum states that he got the Ring as a birthday present.
And Bilbo states that he got the Ring for winning a riddle contest.

>But Sauron can't be beaten without parting him from the ring so while the others lowered his stamina to 0, he would recover fast with the ring still in his posession
You have 90 seconds to back up this statement with a direct quote.

I'm posting from my phone as it's late here but you know that it's true, as it's literally the plot of LotR.

Neither of those statements are untrue.

fate.
yoiu can't go against it.

The real question is, "Why was there an entrance into Mount Doom and why was there an observation walkway inside?"

Was he a geologist?

What would it change? You can't seal an active volcano, entrance or not, the ring can still be destroyed.

All these "why didn't Sauron" threads are as silly as asking how any of us can sleep at night when anyone could murder us.

Why didn't Sauron build a replica Mt. Doom infront of the real one to trick anyone trying to destroy the ring?

Because he had to go in there to forge the ring?

Why didn't Gandalf just use his magic to throw the ring into orbit?

Sauron knew beyond a doubt that no one was capable of willingly destroying the ring, that no matter how pure, anyone would choose to keep it over throwing it into the fire.

For it to be even accidentally tossed in there someone would first have to make it into Mordor and all the way to the volcano unscathed, and all without putting the ring on and revealing their presence to him, which also seems impossible to him.

Why didn't Sauron just not be evil?

Why didn't Sauron leave behind an orc or 2 to guard Mt Doom

We didn't Elrond try to stop Isildur from taking the ring?

Chris has already discussed this.

Holy shit, kill yourself. Genuinely.

why didnt they just fly eagles to mt doom and drop it in from the air?
because sauron doesnt think like that. he worships power. thats why he singed on with melkor to begin with. the idea that two hobbits could breach his defences when it took a combined army of men and elves to bring him down the first time is beyond inconceivable. his mind just doesnt function that way

Gollum stole the ring from Deagol on his birthday and Bilbo found the ring on the cave floor before the riddle game occurred.

Why was there an entrance to Mt. Doom in the first place?

Was there an orc sauna in there or something?

Because knife-ears are all talk and all "muh ancient history and culture", but they are pussy ass bitches when they actually need to step up. Knife-ears are only there to stick your dick in.

>Why not just lock the President in a safe because one of his secret service agent's guns could go off and accidentally kill him

Why didn't he just put a door with a lock in the entrance? Or hire a doorman?

if he kills the door he kills himself

Just in case he wanted to forge some more stuff

Would this be fatal in real life?

>Frodo gave in
Only after trudging hundreds of miles on foot with it and being gradually corrupted. If he had simply been flown over on an eagle, he could easily have thrown it in without a second thought. Even better, Legolas could have been flown over and snipped it in from a distance, furthermore reducing the rings influence.

Molten rock is so hot you would be cooked before you even touched it. Even if you survived the heat falling onto a pool of rock will shatter you bones.

Why didn't Sauron just make the earth into his ring/horcrux thereby making it nigh invincible?

no i watched an episode of muythbusters and in the episdoe they put their hand in a bowl of melted metal and the hand was just find so i think you would be fine but you could drown

None of that is true.

Not to a human but to a manlet like Gollum yes

Why didn't he wear the ring around his cock?

Why didn't Sauron just politely ask for the ring?

The ring's influence grows stronger the closer they journey to Mordor too

Tom Bombadillo.