What did he mean here?

What did he mean here?

Other urls found in this thread:

gotquestions.org/why-Jesus-die.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

that looks extremely painful

for you

I have never understood this line, no one has ever explained it to me clearly.

with jews you lose

Are you memeing? Because if not, I have a serious answer for you.

i think mr christ is wondering why his god has forsaken him

Wait, wasn't this the whole point of him coming down to earth?
Why is he acting surprised?

And why is he doubting God? Shouldn't he be the last person to doubt God?

Christ IS god, and god is Christ

his whole point was to suffer on behalf of all people yes, but he was not aware he would be cut of from contact with god. this was way worse for him than any physical pain could have been so he's not doubting, he's just in shock and torment

But isn't Jesus God?
He has forsaken himself?

I would like this serious answer.

capitalization like a dumb fuck millennial

good riddance

he was actually just a schizophrenic and has no relation to god, fyi

yes, but they are also separate. i'm not an expert, just an ex-churchfag but think of it like "can god build a weight so heavy he can't lift it up" it's an omnipotence paradox. jesus and god can be the same thing and be separate at the same time

TRUUUUUUST IIIIIIIN MYYYYYY

Daddy's boy gets a taste of what it feels like for the rest of us and immediately falls off his high horse and turns into a whimpering sad little shit just like normal humans.

Fucking gold.

what other way God giving himself to death would manifest as? The exact last thing.

idk if any priests would put it that way kek but that's pretty much it. jesus breaking down there was the moment he actually bore the weight of all mankind's sins, not the crucifixion itself

The purpose along with his praying and crying in the Garden of Gethsemane was that, according to Catholic tradition, 100% God and 100% man.

It emphasizes that Jesus was as human as the rest of us and feared pain and death like every other human being, even if he was an aspect of God.

He knows he must die, but he fears it. As he is human, just like the rest of us.

This is the reasoning, at least according to Catholic tradition.

Christianity is paganism. In reality, Jesus ascended into heaven and they put the wrong guy on the cross. Jesus will back, to rid the world of swine.

>what it feels like for the rest of us
you're insanely gay

I've always wondered what Sup Forums's theology board would be like. Would it descend into farce almost immediately?

Fuck off durka, islam is a fake religion.

Even the pious man in times of trouble will have his faith shaken as he wonders why an ever loving, ever just God would allow pain to exist. Jesus is tortured and brutally executed as people who had previously welcomed him with cheers now hurled insults and abuses towards him, choosing to free a murderer instead of him.

His mortal spirit breaks in this instance, and like so many before and after him, calls to God, asking why such a benevolent entity would abandon him in his time of greatest struggle.

But in the end, Jesus is resurrected in all his magnificence, because God delivers all those who are faithful to Him.

From what I understand he was in constant contact with the Father through prayer etc. God the Father poured out his wrath on him as he was being punished for our sin on the cross. That included separation from him and his presence. Hence the line! At least that's what I understand.

It is the one true faith.

New testament sucks ass, the following sequel retconned and improved on it in every way.

Jesus died even for frogposters.

He is quoting an old testament passage you damn uneducated americlaps

Exactly, what would the last horror be? God dying, ceasing to existing, making him a man alone in suffering. Then immediatly he says "it is finished"

Without Christs death, there is no forgiveness for sins. There is no point in him coming to earth if he did not die for us.

...we know?

WE KNOW.

there was no separation, that's a meme

He's quoting Psalm 22

Jesus is the son of God... No, wait! Jesus os God, but he is also his own son.

Psalm 22?

(continued)

All this at least from a narrative perspective attempts to connect the average reader/listener to the character of Jesus as being a stand-in for any person, as everyone at some point has their lows where they ask the question "Why is this happening to me?" The answer to that question ends up being that it doesn't really matter, because God will save you, one way or another.

I hope that makes sense. If not, feel free to ask me and I'll do my best to answer.

t. went to catholic school for 12 years straight and actually paid attention in class/did outside research

>there is no forgiveness for sins

Does God not have the ability to forgive sins, like he is God isn't he, why does he need to send his "son" to pay for the sins?

It's more than just a quote. It is generally understood that the quote was said by Jesus at that moment in complete honesty.

I wonder when God is going to save me.

He was quoting Psalm 22. Most likely while on the cross he was quoting a lot of The Torah.

BASED MOSES:
And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Avenge the children of Israel of the Midianites ... And they warred against the Midianites, as the LORD commanded Moses; and they slew all the males ... And the children of Israel took all the women of Midian captives, and their little ones ... And Moses was wroth with the officers ... And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive? ... Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves. Numbers 31:1-18

God is such a dick.

Still at least his cruelty has some purpose, I always found it odd that the Greek Pantheon were needlessly cruel.

no shit, still doesn't imply what you think it implies you fucking kike

Mohammed is a blood thirsty pedophile who had no power. Jesus healed the sick, fed the poor, taught us to love one another and died for our sins. He is God in the flesh. Think about what he did. You are free from sin and punishment in hell because of what he did. You need only accept him.

Yes user, Jesus knows that feel.

It gets a lot more complicated because you have to bring in more apocryphal texts like Inferno and those involving Harrowing of Hell, where after he dies Jesus literally smashes open the gates of hell, crosses the river of wrath, breaks into the City of Dis and frees the souls of its inhabitants

When you go deep into it, Christian mythology is baller as fuck

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning. 3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

FILLER

No my friend, the bible has been corrupted by man. Jesus was not God, a great man but not God.

He works in strange ways, user. You should go talk to a priest. Even if it's not about religious stuff, in my experience I've found they always make time for a brother in need, religious or no.

According to the Catechism, it does. I'm going from a Catholic perspective here, which does believe this.

>Jesus literally smashes open the gates of hell, crosses the river of wrath, breaks into the City of Dis and frees the souls of its inhabitants

You're not answering my question, why did God need to send HIS SON to bear the sins of mankind? He is almighty, and yet he just can't wipe the slate clean?

He ask God to save him God didn't save him he said why have thou forsaken me.

>claims to know that Jesus was a great man
>thinks the main source we have for knowing about his life is unreliable

are you psychic or something?

Book of Mormon is like fanfiction tho.

Well dude someone ate an apple or some shit

Proof? Why would he say that if he was not separated from the Father.

Dunno, but that was his way to achieve that. Jesus is God in human form. They are the same but in different planes. He became human so he could forgive every sin.

/his/ is the designated spot for it, can't say I check it out much though.

Too long to explain here but the wages of sin is death. The sacrifices in the old testament were pointing towards Christ as the ultimate sacrifice. gotquestions.org/why-Jesus-die.html

Man, what do you want me to say? Islam's version of Jewish Adventures makes more sense to me than Christianity's Jesus is God in the flesh.

Besides it's all faith, it's not like you can concretely prove anything, otherwise it wouldn't be called faith.

The answer to this is a bit of a cop-out and is one of the failings of Christianity, imo. They just say it's part of the great mystery of God's being.

So basically justasplanned.jpg as far as I know. I'm no expert on this particular part. For this answer you would probably need a theologian.

If i had to guess, I would say that it was a symbolic means to show that God is in fact active in the world, as it had been a good long while since the last prophet. With it being his son, it better serves from a narrative standpoint to better connect humans with God, as one of His aspects is human just like them/us.

That's the best i've got for you, unfortunately. I hope it helped.

The Torah quoted him not the other way around. They were prophecies.

Why is original sin only in Christianity and not Judaism or Islam?

It's fucking terrible. Humanities shit on an otherwise good history board

I would to find God and punch him in the face.

if you dont sin, did jesus died for nothing?

also did he really sacrifice himself if he rose from the dead 3 days later?

Humans sinned and brought death and destruction into this world. God created everything perfect originally. Luckily he himself paid our penalty to save us from sin and death.

*like to

Good grief, people give the Gospels a hard time for being written too long after Jesus' lifetime and you think the Koran is more reliable? Yes faith is essential but we should be discerning about what we put our faith in.

I don't Christianity's implication that children are born sinners.

just be thankful it wasn't your son

Have you heard of the dead sea scrolls? The Bible is accurate.

It was some other dude's wife's son.

That's not Christianities implication, that's Judaism's implication, Jesus vetoed that shit.

Explain.

It's in Judaism? The old testament is the Torah. Why would they sacrifice all those animals if they didn't believe they were sinners?

wasnt everything he said honest? how can he be a man without sin if he has lied? this is your king, king of the jews?

>The Bible is accurate.
Which one?

The Greek one.

We are all born sinners. Children lie and steal. Jesus is merciful and loved children coming up to him. 13Then people brought little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked them.
14Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” 15When he had placed his hands on them, he went on from there.

There's a lot of things wrong with this post.

Is the old testament the one who is accurate? Is it the new one?
How about all the stuff that was not canon?

Both the Old and New are accurate and the books outside the canon are there for a reason.

>Good grief, people give the Gospels a hard time for being written too long after Jesus' lifetime and you think the Koran is more reliable?

Yes, I mean, aren't there multiple versions of the bible with differing texts?

As far as I know there is only one other alternate version of the Koran, which has the word 72 virgins replaced with 72 grapes, which doesn't change much.

The point of that image was to illustrate that the Greek manuscripts are reliable.

Read history and study for yourself. At the end of the day for me, if God is real why can't he put a book together? He created the universe, so why can't he put a book together?

He did though.

>Moses
>Fallen from Grace, wandered the desert with his people for 40 years
>Forbidden to enter Jerusalem

>Jesus
>Poor carpenter that suffered and died from his own people

>Mohammad
>Blind loser that died happily and well off do to his philosophy
One of these things is not like the other. One of these this just doesn't belong.

Because some dudes at the Council of Nice in the 4th century made their own "god tier" "good tier" "shit tier" lists of the books. Only the god tier made it in.

Different translations that say the same thing. Be courageous. Be brave. Different words, same meaning. The king James version is in an older form of English. The New living translation is in a more modern form of English. They still say the same thing.

Under the counsel of the Holy Spirit.

Actions have consequences. Someone has to pay the price. And it had to be a human, since it was humans who sinned in the first place. So God was sent in human form to do what no human was willing to do

It's twofold. Jesus is bearing the world's sin at the moment, which the Bible explains is a disconnect from God. For the first time in his life, Jesus is feeling the abscence of His presence.

It's also a quote of Psalm 22, which is prophesy of the crucifixion. Jesus is also attempting to let people know this has all been ordained.

>be brave

Dude, you're not going to convince me. You're going to be blind to the faults of your faith, I'm going to be blind to mine. This is where we agree to disagree.

What no human was willing to do, or could ever do. A sinner can't atone for sins. That is the beauty of what God did on the cross, by sending his own perfect son. A human judge would not let a criminal walk free, and neither can a holy God let sin go unpunished. It annoys me when people say God is cruel. If he was cruel, he would not have died for us.

God made a covenant with man in which blood must be spilt for sin to be forgiven. It's why they had so many animal sacrifices. The thing of it is, a regular lamb's blood didn't fully remove the stain of sin from your soul. For your sin to be truly removed and you ultimately forgiven, man required something much greater - hence the Lamb of God.

God couldn't break the covenant with man because he'd be going back on his word, which is infallible. Even though it might make more sense for things to be wiped away arbitrarily, God doesn't want to break his promises because he wants you to be able to rely on him always. It'd be hard to that if you couldn't fully trust in him.

>If he was cruel, he would not have died for us.

>God needed to be killed to save humanity despite being all-powerful