ALCOHOLISM GENERAL - DEGENERATE EDITION

continued from earlier, discuss your addiction or whine about how shit your life is going, seek help, etc.

>be me 23,M
>have to drink at least a quart of whiskey to feel anything
>if I don't drink I get violent shakes
>if I don't drink I can't sleep
>if I don't drink life is boring as fuck
>but people say I'm the most annoying dude ever when I drink
>isolate now

don't even want to quit, I just hang out with other alcoholics now.
wonder if its worth it to make your own hooch?

Other urls found in this thread:

getdrunknotfat.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I hear the kids these days are vaping alcohol to get quicker highs.

>drinking fermented peepee water
Its your fault for somehow getting addicted to such a vile substance

Go to AA mate. You're physically and mentally addicted.

I used to have to drink to sleep when I was in the Army, once you deal with those issues that are driving you too drink you will be alright.

It's not an easy thing to overcome but you would be suprised at how much you improve just from talking face to face with someone over it. Startingnthese threads is a sign that you aren't happy and want to crawl out of the hole, and that's a step above most other piss wrecks.

no shit? looking into it.
I know its my own fault man, but at least I'm not a nigger.

Was a dumbfuck last year, sank into a depression and drank like a fish.

Stopped around February of this year after I consumed a handle of vodka in one night. I wouldn't call it alcoholism, more so impulsive stupidity on my part.

I no longer drink like that, but I do believe it worsened my anxiety about tenfold. Withdrawals are a bitch.

did aa for a year and it was alright. I just don't want to quit right now, willingness is everything in AA

anyone have any experience brewing your own beer/moonshine?

>32 years of age
>Live with my mother as her carer
>She's been an Alcoholic for over a decade
>Also suffers from borderline personality disorder
>Liable to bouts of random violent rage

Left to her own devices she will happily drink three or four bottles of red wine, half a bottle of vodka and then numerous gin and tonics without the tonic.

I wish there was something more I could do for her but she outright refuses to get help, she doesn't want help from anyone except me and I can't get her professional help because she's considered to be of able mind, I can't force her to do anything.

We live poor lives, all her money goes on alcohol and cigarettes. All my careworker payments go on house upkeep, food, etc etc.

Her daughter left never to be seen again, her father died cursing her name, her mother wants nothing to do with her, the string of relationships she's had over the years have ended in tragedy as her uncontrolled paranoia makes her think anyone who loves her will attack her.

She's ruined lives other than her own, yet I don't count myself among them, I chose to care for her despite her not deserving it.

One day I have no doubt it will be my task to put her out of her misery.

The drinking doesn't help her, it doesn't bring her any relief, those are lies alcoholics tell themselves as a coping mechanism for the physical addiction.

Now why is this on Sup Forums?

because the jews did it to us.

There was a period in my life where my degeneracy was over 9000. I was smoking pot every day and drinking most days. I was pretty much inebriated all the time unless I was at work or school. Then I got arrested and had to quit smoking pot and to deal with how fucked up my life had become I started drinking everyday instead of smoking. This lasted about 4 months of everyday drinking to the point of almost blacking out. Then one day I realized that literally nothing I was doing was making my shitty situation that my douchbaggery got me into any better. So I fucking dealt with the withdrawals and quit drinking for about 6 months. 6 months clean and sober made a world of difference. I got a promotion figured out how to finish school got a girlfriend. Everything was on the up and up. Now I drink when it's appropriate and my life is a million times better.

>drinking doesn't fix problems
>it gets better when you get it under control
>I have friends that never figured this out and are fucked up from drinking to much
>sack up and deal with it

Hmm. Decent comeback.
You may proceed.

The Liquid Jew

Never consume the liquid Jew
It only can ravage the life of you
Friends and family will disapprove,
"Do not imbibe in that jewery brew,
your mind will stale, your organs will stew."
And in your stupor you had no clue,
You were already fooled by the tricky Jew.

While you were weak, the illness grew.
Your finances flew, your health did too
And know you wish to start anew
But, alas, your time is through
We always knew,
We warned you too.
Never consume the liquid Jew.

Wulfgang Brahhmans, 1648

sounds awful
I'm always amazed at how screwed up some people's live are. like, what's the point in living if it's that bad?

I need 1-2 bottles of Pinot Noir per evening to cope with my marriage until the kids are off to University and i can get out of this soulless existence without a custody battle.

Alcohol is the best.

Father has been sober for over 25 years. Due to this he avoids any places that serve alcohol or will have people drinking it. Literally sits home all day and does nothing. He doesn't socialize and judges anyone who drinks. I love him but he had a way better personality when he was a drunk. Now he just lives in constant fear that he will drink again. Also hates AA due to the religous aspect.

I was sober for a period of time about a year through AA. It just doesn't interest me my work doesn't require me to be sober and I got a new host of friends where we all tolerate/laugh about the stupid shit we do. its like reverse AA.

decent, alas I knew I have been bamboozled by the kikes. 80% of alcohol sales are projected to purchased by alcoholics.

you sound like beth from rick and morty.

afterwards do you want to have some kinky, drunk sex with me you fucking homo?

>have to drink a quart of whiskey to feel anything
>If I don't drink I get violent shakes
Rehab is generally useless for long term shit, but I'd recommend checking in so you don't die during your withdrawal seizures. You need to go a month or two without booze at least.
>If I don't drink I can't sleep
luckily modern society provides you with a million other poisons that will knock you out cold. If you can't sleep dose yourself up with some antihistamines like ZZZquil or Advil PM. You might get addicted to those someday but they're not as bad as booze.

Also OP are you fat? If you're drinking a quart of whiskey daily I'm guessing the answer is yes since that's a good 2,000 calories on it's own. Go over to /fit/ and read the sticky, you need to get in shape, it'll give you a hobby you can't do while drunk, it'll help your confidence, and if you decide to keep drinking being /fit/ will help you drink less. When I was 330 lbs I had to drink like 5-6 drinks just to get a buzz, now at 180lbs 2-3 beers is enough to be pleasantly buzzed all evening.

Moonshiner here, Ama bro. I was drunk for a few years straight, was drinkin till pass out ever night, I'm much better now usually only drink like 3 times a week. Always I'm drinkin till I'm wasted tho, no moderation.

>26M
>1000ml bottle of alcohol per week
>life: wake up, work, sleep.
it takes around 10 shots of alcohol for me to even want to talk.

actually I only weigh like 185 pounds boss like 13% body fat or something like that, thank god I got a good metabolism.
how do I moonshine? is it cost effective?

Homedisiller.org/forum
I read there for a few hours every evening for about 2 years before I found Sup Forums I have build a few pretty sweet stills. Electric power controllers too. Lots to learn in the hobby of home distilling. I find it fascinating.

The worst side effect for me are the nightmares when I don't drink. They honestly don't feel like nightmares but being pulled from my body into alternate universes and lives. This is supported by my understanding of multiverse theory and consciousness but I have to think it is just psychological exaggerations from abstinence.

I really do feel like my consciousness is transported though. It's like Event Horizon or Hellraiser. Last night I was in a psychological thriller where I travelled to NYC, gained classified info on the media machine who tracked me down to my home and tried to kill me. It was very elaborate and detailed and felt like I was in the dream for several days. I probably should quit pol and alcohol but while horrifying, it was exhilarating.

Being German/Native descent doesn't help either. I can drink a fifth of vodka with room for beer.

I would suggest smoking some strong hash.

serious love boss
if you're trying to quit they have meds that keep you from dreaming man.

>I only weigh 185lbs
Okay to amend my earlier recommendations start a multivitamin regimen, if you're 185lbs and drinking that much hard liquor every day you're deficient in just about everything and that will fuck up your mental state. B vitamin deficiencies in particular cause depression, if you refuse to check into rehab or cut back on the booze at least chug an energy drink or eat a shitload of mushrooms (not the psychedelic kind).

Write a book dude. That sounds totally epic.

Once you are set up yes, but to be properly set up your gonna be looking at about 1000$ investment. You will need a beer keg, a clean 55 gallon drum, basic knowledge of electricty, soldering, welding, a length of 3" dwv copper pipe and a whole lot more. Like I mentioned in my other post, read the wiki over at homedistiller.org then read the forums. You will learn everything ou want. You will be able to make any type of spirit there is and do it well after much practice.

will take your advice user - many thanks

I never dream when I smoke weed. I know dude weed lmaof, but it help me quit drinking dangerously.

Shit OP. I thought I was bad. I have a weird schedule. People tell me I have a problem but I don't think so. I can go maybe 2 or 3 weeks without drinking than out of nowhere I will go buy a bottle of hennessy and drink half the bottle on a work night and then wake up like normal. Then for a week or 2 I'll be all fucked up. Then I get bored and drop it. And the cycle continues. Like right now I've been off the liquor and my uncle came up to see me and I he bought me one shot of vodka from the store and I got fucked up again. Do I have a problem?

i made "redneck" wine 2 or 3 times and it wasn't terrible. it wasn't great either.
on a side note: I'm an alcoholic for about 20 years now, never had the famous "shakes"
You're 23 and already have them? Is it genetic. Do you drink waaaaay more than me? (unplausible)
Just wondering.
Now advice on quitting since I'm fail.
Still, making own hooch might be therapeutic, for some twisted reason.

>heavy smoker
>hit the bottle early in the morning

i'm sorry boys

TAKE LSD ITS BEEN SHOWN TO CURE ALCOHOLISM GOOGLE IT RETARD

When I say he bought me one shot I went out after and that and bought 2 40 ounces and got blasted.

Best thing is to be broke, selling your ass for a shot of cheap vodka will make you think, or maybe not.

It's tough. I just have to remember when I try to justify getting a few beers that I'm just going to crave it even more after 1 or 2. I won't be satisfied until I'm 12 or 13 beers deep and I'm fucked up for a day and a half.

it's genetic, I drink like a bottle a day m8 so I don't drink (tons) I've been drinking since I joined the army.

You will want a place like a shed or a barn to make shine in. Inb4 cuck shed
Some guys do it in the basement or even apartments. But if you can, do it out side.

>hit the bar with my girlfriend when we don't feel like sitting at home
>make friends with the neighbors that also go there

Ummm. Yup. No problems here.

Weakness personified. If I drink more than two mugs, I get tired. So I only drink two mugs a day.

Put down the glass, start running, start lifting ,start reading, start walking and take the fucking wheel in your life you miserable prick. One shot at life and you drink it away. Wew. I have been at a point once where I also happeneded to believe that the cure was found at the bottom of a bottle of wine. You´re 23, you literally have your entire life in fron of you. Alcohol is a fucking jew. Enjoy it every once in a while, but focus on whats important; you. Alcohol will kill you and thus there is no you. Go out there, make the day count, do something, just fucking do anything but give in to the illusory gratification in getting wasted. Isolation, then what? The suicide thoughts are probably already fucking with your mind. Wake the fuck up, there is no excuse to piss away ones life with a shallow and poitnless existence in alcoholism.

Native American shitskin detected

Currently drinking pic related listening to GOD TRUMP

I live in the desert of texas, so of course I have a barn on my property, kek.

Is 9-10 shots of vodka 2-3 times a week bad? If so, how bad will my withdrawals be? I honestly feel fine after 2-3 days, but I never go longer simply because my schedule allows it.

Been thinking about quitting though, but reading some of the shit sounds scary as fuck.

Enjoy the hobby bro, it changed my life for the better. Me and the wife moonshine every Friday night and have a lot of fun

Is one definately an alcoholic if you feel better and more clear if you are drunk? (or buzzed, not really drunk, just a bit tipsy?)

Yo I do that too. What is your mash bill mr. Leaf?

thanks for reminding me no alcohol tonight. gonna get some vodka tomorrow though.

I say this to myself every fucking morning.
And in the evening... I say... fuck it.

OP please do not go full Dukes of Hazzard, brewing your own shit is fun but if you try it in the midst of an addiction you're just going to end up like Tony Montana in Scarface but without the fun parts
This guy gets it, you're at a point where alcohol is your master not your servant where it belongs. Like I said in the earlier post I don't really believe in going cold turkey, alcohol is fun, fatty foods are fun, and a lot of other shit that's bad for you is fun, but you have to keep it in line or it will enslave you and ruin your life.

Sipping on this watching the RNC, I need help.

withdrawal symptoms and work/social problems are how to evaluate whether the drinking is a problem

You are litterally describing the effects of drinking a depressant

I'd go with the practical definition:
"You're an alcoholic if alcohol is fucking up your life"

That is really cool man. I only use my pot still for stripping runs then use the reflux column for neutral spirits. We drink vodka, water, lime, sometimes with some roackstar recovery orange juice in it. If we drank flavoured spirits we would use the pot still more. I do a basic variation of uncle Jessie's simple sour mash (ujssm) works pretty good for neutral spirits. Then we age it at 95.5% abv on activated carbon for a month or so.

people enjoy alcohol. If it starts screwing your health/obligations then you might be an alcoholic. then the question is can you manage it

I don't seem to get any of the symptoms I've been reading about. I only feel bad during my hangovers, but those go away after a few hours and they only really consist of being drowsy for most of the day.

Bahaha holy shit OP are you really that pathetic? I'm 23 now too and i've drank so much even a fiffth can't black me out anymore. Hell even a fifth and a half can't, i usually just get tired and go to bed. I drank today, yesterday, and every other damn day of the week.

I have a full time kob and don't get the shakes and still "feel" stuff and have great interactions with people through the day. Man the fuck up and quit being a pussy, if you can't even handle alcohol just kys now.

12 pack of Coors Light a night here because it tastes like piss.

How else am I supposed to deal with the fucking world? At least I cans support myself financially. Praise Kek for the term "functional alcoholic"

wow. how revolting

Is the RNC a reality show now?
You gotta give it to the US:
1) Showbizz
2) Military
3) Business mind (although that's the jew culture)

Those 3 are pretty much enough to control the world .... or are they?

deebly goncerned

Just take opiates. There is literally nothing more toxic than alcohol and more annoying than alcoholics.

well, eventually you will get sweats, anxiety, nausea, mild auditory hallucinations. these are mild to moderate. then you can get the dts

So then I am not.

In high school we used to go the bars and clubs three times a week and I trained my liver very good.

Now I just drink ocassionally but when I start once I need to drink til I pass out.

How do I fight this? I cant have a normal relation to alcohol. That sucks .

Very solid. You really know your stuff. Do you work in the industry? I went to school for the shit. I'm looking to open up my own R(h)um distillery in the Caribbean.

I was a drunk for seven years, for most of it I was a bottle of cheap vodka a day. Back in April of this year, I checked myself into a 30 day treatment center in Gary, Indiana because it was dirt cheap.

I graduated and have been sober ever since. I feel like a new fucking man, and can go to church and work without feeling like a complete piece of shit.

It's not easy when you get out, I have cravings like crazy, but I remember what I used to be like and the craving goes away. Alcoholics Anonymous helps... they get a bad rap, but you need to know it's a support group and not a treatment program.

Sup Forums is not where you should post this you fucking idiot

get out of my country
>tfw blue eyed and 6'2 german yet can still claim shawnee

wtf is wrong with you?

Hopefully, I'll quit before that becomes a thing.

Actually looked at pic now. That exists?
Like... whisky in a , watcha callit, gerry can?
Wow! (not that I wouldn't consider it)

No. Just been an alcoholic for a many years then when I moved to a new town I had no friends so every night while watching tv with the wife I would read honedistiller forums. Learned everything I needed to. It did help that I'm a plumber already though. Most rewarding hobby other than hunting I would say. Although they are much different. The learning and experiment in never ends.

>tfw I drink three drinks a night and I'm totally fine

OP here. actually a night where i'm not drinking (I have a couple of those) feelsbadman.jpg

Then leave the thread faggot. This is interesting to hear about fellow pol bro's life while we browse.

>be me
>enjoy drinking
>find awesome girl
>she likes drinking too
>marry her

It looks like it originally contained anti-freeze

what keeps you from the fourth, fifth.....20th?

We get molasses for 20$ a 5 gal Pail here. I don't know if that's good, but it seems pretty cheap to me. Makes some nice rum that is dangerously smooth, line nothing bought from a store.

I'm telling you friend, give her a double dosage of acid.
If she is willing to climb out of her hole she will, and if she is going to die anyway, why hold back?
It might wake her up.

>mfw my inner Sup Forums comes out on facebook when I drink
>mfw I can't look at my phone / facebook in fear of what I may have posted
>mfw pretty much every other night

> drink about 5 days a week
>during work week drink 2 beers
>weekend, 6 beers in one night or liquor
>go to the gym at job everyday,

OH NOOOOOS IM A DEGENERATE WHO IS UNHEALTHY, PLEASE KEK HELP ME, I NEED TO CONVERT TO MORMONISM OR ISLAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this thread is a fucking joke. Just drink moderately and you will be fine. You can live a normal life and drink alcohol every once in a while.
Im going to quit drinking entirely if my wife gets pregnant and we have kids. I don't want booze around when I have kids. Just special occasions like new years.

Half you faggots don't know shit about alcoholism. My brother drinks a 6pack of Busch tall boys everynight, and I feel like he isn't an alcoholic.

This whole thread is a bunch of faggots.
>"omg oh im so addicted to booz :(((("
You fucking boys need to learn how to drink. Been drinking steady for 15 years and can stop whenever. God your whole generation is completly fucked. Bunch of nancy boys.

>At least I'm not a nigger
there are plenty of niggers who contribute more to society than you do. Either get clean or kill yourself

I guess I just don't want that really drunk feeling. I just like the edge that a couple of drinks takes off

These guys get it

Cheers, faggot!

>I mix my vodka with coconut water.

I do similar, but probably like every other day, occasionally binge on weekends though.
On weekdays I just have 2-3 beer and smoke a joint and it's basically equivalent to being full blown drunk without the morning hangover

good luck

The old "I can stop whenever I want"

Go on faggots. Stop. Try it nigger. Been there done that. I wish I was 19 again too.

>I have over 30% body fat the pic

getdrunknotfat.com/

IPA's are for hipsters.

28 and married faggot

gave up drinking for lent

you're an idiot

wow... I just just ordered boxed wine from a pizza place online. Am I an alcoholic?
Yeesss I ammmm!

>My brother drinks a 6pack of Busch tall boys everynight, and I feel like he isn't an alcoholic.
he isnt and he has bad taste and poor alcohol finance management. Just buy a 30 pack of busch, then why not just buy better beer at wholesale?

Why not buy a box of wine, handle of Beam, and two twelve packs of craft IPA and see how far you get?