youtube.com/watch?v=pc0_SYZJfzU
youtube.com/watch?v=E1NsA_FdbHg
youtube.com/watch?v=wgZDfFtoObE
youtube.com/watch?v=TfQ1oKSSNyU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bottom left one is reaching

i want to believe

you're right. his shirt clearly doesn't say apollo 11

Even if Kubrick had nothing to do with the "faked" moonlanding, why would he put these images in his movie? It does seem weird. Was he just fucking with people or was there some other kinda significance of having all this imagery. It's pretty wild

no the rug and the shape of the launch pad

So is this why they murdered Kubrick almost 20 years later?

First time I watched Room 237a couple years back I was very intrigued. Watched it again recently and thought it was lunacy. Like, what is that woman's problem with the window? It's a fucking window.

i love a good conspiracy theory but i feel like it's probably a visual representation of the idea of America (and therefore its achievements, ie the moon landing) being literally built on the graves of people killed in the past

That actually makes sense

I'm partial to the theory that Jack molested Danny.

youtube.com/watch?v=d1IzNKIHhp0

I think of this scene whenever people post this shit.

The entire picture is reaching.

its an impossible window. there's a hallway on the otherside of the manager's office.

here's proof of the impossible window

The overlooks impossible and confusing design was done on purpose to disorient the viewer.

A set designer who worked for the movie came out and said it was intended to be disorienting, and confusing if you thought about it. Some of the other shit in there was absolutely retarded

This creeped me out more than anything else in the film

Everything is deliberate. Kubrick probably didn't fake the moon landings, but he sure enjoyed fucking with people.

These. The thing about the advertising book gave Kubrick an idea to experiment, leading conspiracy theorists to completely overreact to everything and latch onto Eyes Wide Shut as something it's not.

Hah never would of looked at that

yea there's a lot of evidence to support that.

A really obscure reference is that the playgirl magazine that Jack reads in the movie has an article about incest

The theory that he helped fake the moon landing existed before The Shining. He was fucking with people.

There's nothing at all, "Kubrick is know as a stickler so everything must have a meaning" is litterally all it is. The art doesn't look like rockets, the rug doesn't look like a launch pad, he probably picked the number because he thought it was photogenic, tang was not uncommon at the time.

silly capitalists
everyone knows the landing is fake as proven by kubrick and glorious commies will soon claim the moon.

Fuck, even the door angles.

heres a better view of the magazine

>why parents sleep with their children

You do know that entire movie is just idiotic trolling right? It's all parody

what other evidence is there?

I love you for posting this,

yeah ok, it's an impossible window, so what's the problem with it?

HURR DURR

-Danny's body language in the one scene where Jack tries to hug him

-When Wendy and the doctor are diagnosing the issues with Danny, he explicitly suggests Tony "who lives in my mouth" tells him not to talk. This is a symptom of abused children

-the 2nd half of this conversation
youtube.com/watch?v=pc0_SYZJfzU T

-The bear symbolism . the bear us giving the man a blowjob. the bear is also wearing pajamas with an open back, And there is a bear on Danny's bead when he talks to the doctor

its a way to subliminally fuck with viewers

it's when Jack first hears about the other caretaker murdering his own family.

the window may symbolize the window of opportunity Jack sees

that's the only one that isnt a total reach

Never noticed all of those things, stop it Sup Forums this thread is scaring me

>the window of opportunity

The opportunity to leave, or the opportunity to kill his family?

Has anyone who was at all involved with the movie ever spoken about this theory or at least alluded to it?

We may be reading too much into it here. A lot of this just seems like it's just trying to be creepy. Especially with the magazine. How the fuck would kubrick know someday we'd be able to look up exactly what magazine it was and then spread that information around?

It'd be too much of a hidden secret. And why would he never speak about it?

>How the fuck would kubrick know someday
>someday

Well, the cover was pretty clear i think it would be easy find the magazine even back in time. Remember autistic perople existed before the internet.

I dont think its meant to be one way or another. its just 1 of the many possible meanings.

But watch this scene and tell me it doesnt give off that vibe
youtube.com/watch?v=E1NsA_FdbHg

Considering all of these hints, the scene when the nigger taks with the kid about the visions and shit, it could mean he was trying to help him because he was abused too?

I do get that vibe but I'm not sure it's because we're talking about that theory.

So in that scene the kid is either freaking out because he senses his dad is fucking losing it or he can't handle his dad being in a sexual situation at all because of the molestation.

to kill his family. jack is the reincarnation to repeat the cycle

The old caretaker (Grady) speaks to jack in the Ballroom bathroom, although at this point, Grady is a butler and Jack is the caretaker. Grady tells Jack about how he killed his own family and how jack should do the same. This is the time that Jack's destiny is cemented.

Jack is seen in the 1920's photo at the end. According to Kubrick, its a reincarnation

If you want some decent analysis of Shining watch Rob Ager instead of the bullshit that is Room 237

Here, watch this and don't ever come back, tinfoil dummy

that smirk on the old dude trying not to laugh

maybe. he can sense when Danny is in trouble and tried to save him.
youtube.com/watch?v=wgZDfFtoObE

Danny also senses when jack kills Hallorann
youtube.com/watch?v=TfQ1oKSSNyU

I did not explain myself well. I meant, maybe the clairvoyance power symbolizes the sexsual harrassments, and when the nigger "sense" it, he try to help the kid to get it trough that shit because he was molested too

possibly. his dialogue in the ice cream scene is very important either way, as he tells Danny to stay away from room 237. Which is the same room Jack meets the ghost women / old lady.

Its all a matter of what room 237 represents

>A nigger?
Some say that it was a mistake to let a young Raimi help direct some scenes looking at his lack of training in the field and his often from the story of the movie disconnected racism, but I think it adds another layer to the Indian genocide references Kubrick put in the background.

what is he holding in his hand?

keep in mind that this is probably not the same Jack we usually see in the movie (except maybe the ball room "flashback")

NASA did hire Kubrick to fake the moon landing. But Kubrick was such a perfectionist he made them shoot on location.