Does anyone have orange slices?!

Does anyone have orange slices?!

Does anyone have any tape?? Haha

My superpower is that I am rich!

i dont get it

Marvel Oscars: 0 (zero)

Fat autistic virgins will be forever baffled by this quip because they never played sports as a child

Marvel golden raspberries: 0

You're joking, right?

Capeshit was a mistake

This quip baffles me.

Can anyone explain this joke to me?

>numales and their orange slices

orange slices is ant-mans favorite food in the comics

>but it was funny
but it wasn't

There was a scene cut in which Scott Lang explains he's trying to maintain a raw diet, but finds he has to eat often to be satisfied.

How do they expect to win oscars making shit movies?

Ants love fructose.

It's purposely meant to be ambiguous, as you can see from this thread, there's no "right" answer.

Unironically, has any marvel drone ever come up with a decent response to the complete lack of weight or consequence to the airport fight?
They're clearly not trying to kill each other and the only serious injury is an accident at best

What's even the point? How can that be called a civil war?

these threads are fun
I am procrastinating right now to take part in this one

Huh? Marvel Movies are garbage, but the consequence is that not all of them made it out, which I think was the intention. If you mean that there wasn't a consequence beyond this, then perhaps the titles overstated the size of the conflict, but the point was that there was one between the Avengers, or whatever the fuck they would be.

They don't
Wow, I hope he is kidding

i thought it was funny

When I saw it in theaters the audiance laughed at this

this, mine clapped

My point is that there's not really a "war" in any sense
There's a light-hearted sparring match full of jokes

The only gravity comes at the end when Tony tries to kill Bucky. But for a so-called war, that's incredibly small scale

>Deep marvel quips
really makes you think

I love Paul Rudd so much.
Its like he doesn't even fit in with all the other superstar celebrities, so he just kinda does his thing and looks like he's having fun with it.

But mom's don't don't do that.

Will they ever make a good movie Sup Forums? I had hopes for Ragnarok but the trailer looks like shit

I honestly don't know how I feel about the constant quips and jokes during moments of severity between the characters in these marvel movies. I get why they do it, and at the same time I, and many others, enjoy it. I feel like humans constantly try to be humourous around others to gain their approval regardless of the situation they're in. For example, a seminar on relatively serious topics still include humor to grab the audience's attention, and sometimes for the speaker's own pleasures of hearing others laugh at his or her jokes.

I feel like doing this brings the characters down to earth and makes them more relatable, in Ultron, Hawkeye is a hero but still talks about renovating his home and shit like "nobody eats in a dining room anymore" just shows that he isn't detached from, well, us.
HOWEVER.jpg, at the same time it does get kind of annoying that there is almost no tension of any kind now in these movies. Take GotG. There was no point in that movie I was ever scared or on the edge of my seat, because it was constant comedy so I knew things were going to be ok. I guess doing this makes the serious moments more severe for us, but there are no serious moments. Logan was a great movie, it had tension good action, but it still had small comedic moments that brought characters like Xavier down to earth.

Tldr; marvel movies should still have jokes and quips because it humanizes the characters but not so many.

I'll be watching it for more comedic purposes than anything else. All these movies are basically filler for infinity war anyway

They do it because the actual action is terrible. Take the airport scene, all those webms are there and they have been laughed at here to death, but in theaters people don't realize the shit they're eating because they laugh from time to time. Capeshit is supposed to be a subgenre of action movies but in MCU's case, it feels more like comedies with some slapstick every now and then

Thanks to them We got Birdman, is cool I guess.

It really just takes you out of the moment imo. Sure some are funny but it's just so jarring to be in the middle of an action scene then suddenly HEHE unrelated joke xd

I don't think it's purposely done because action scenes are terrible, I think the scenes are terrible as a result of having three different marvel movies come out in the same year. And yes it does take us out of the action, like I said they do it too much and I can never take anything seriously anymore, but done in moderation I think it's good. Even in serious situations, like I said people resort to humor a lot and I think it humanizes characters to do it and finding the medium between doing that just right and too much can be hard, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't try by making things serious all the time.

In the original comic they end up destroying a populated school, a city block, build a robot thor, and that robot thor kills giant man. I think they might also have flooded another city block, but it's a bit hazy... Point being that the comic it was based off of had a sense of scale and conflict, with plenty of stuff going down.

Birdman is DC

The comic it was based on was also complete shit that comic fans never liked.

I'm a DCfag but
>oscars
>not shit

So why did Superman say Martha?
It's a little weird to refer to your mother by using her first name. Was he secretly an edgy teenager?

This is not a BvS thread, m'shill

Childhood is needing orange slices
Adulthood is realizing tangerines makes more sense.

Amadeus deserved it

>take shitty comic book
>remove all sense of weight and gravity
>insert jokes and quick-cuts
>be praised as one of the greatest superhero films of all time by critics

someone explain without using the word "shill"

i agree that the oscars are shit, this is proven by the fact that kevin costner and jeffifer lawerence have won awards

Kevin Costner is unironically good as both an actor and director/producer

Jennifer Lawrence has ONLY ever been good when David O'Russel is making her actually perform.

If he said "I'm a straight, rich, white man", that would have set a new era of capeshit, unbridled in awareness.

meant for

Also it would've implied that Ezra Miller was neither white nor male
Sup Forums would love the first bit but hate the second
SJWs would hate the first part but love the second

Hmm... tricky

But Ant-Man wasn't playing a kid, nor was his mother there, and he isn't a kid.

I meant playing soccer

It wasn't great by any means. Given that, it's weird that they would go whole hog with a title like that one, and find some moderate success for it. Secret Invasion would have been better for them as a set up for cosmic marvel and the infinity war; have they been hyping Thanos in the background or something?

Nah, SJWs would like it too because Batman is acknowledging that being a straight, white, male is a superpower. As in, it's a privilege. That's what they're going for.