Daily reminder that there will never be /film/ board

Daily reminder that there will never be /film/ board

s4s exists what the fuck?

is he still there? can we ask why they only mod the board when game of thrones is in season?

Wow, Sup Forums with flags. How impressive.

Why the fuck would they do this instead of a SFW Sup Forums?

because he's trying to prevent Sup Forumstards specifically from shitposting all over Sup Forums. Sup Forums hasn't worked as a containment board in at least a couple years now. mostly because the r/thedonal redditors are just edgy newfags who want to piss people off. they don't want to hang out in a circle jerk.

this will ultimately fail as well and Sup Forums and other boards will continue their precipitous decliine

Because its another board they can farm ad impressions with

I don't really keep up with this site's finances but I remember just last year when everyone was saying the site's dying because Hiro had no Sup Forums monies. What happend to all that? People stopped talking about it and now we're adding more boards. Did the Sup Forums pass shilling really help that much, or were the people that said Hiro was bullshitting right?

We don't need a film board, we have one here.

i remember somebody said that he started to accept private donations to keep the site alive and that a few wealthy donors opened up their wallets because they didn't want the site to get shut down. could have been bullshit though.

What are you going to post on /film/? What are the boundaries for this hypothetical """""/film/""""""? Pre-1940's Silent Films? Only movies direced by a certain list of directors chosen by 12 plebs?

I'd love to know what you think you need another board for. Make a /film/ thread, see how many replies it gets.

/film/ would be about films you fucking idiot.

and that's not how it works, you can't just make a /film/ thread with no topic, it would be swallowed by other threads in seconds

That could be. Now that you say that I remember that Martin Skreli wanted to save the site. Not sure if he was joking but I know he mentioned buying Sup Forums. Maybe he just donated.

He wanted to buy the site but got laughed out of the figurative building when it turned out he didn't know how to post and only visited r/Sup Forums.

E N Z A D E N I N O

Sup Forums is slow as fuck so what the hell would dividing it up accomplish?

>Sup Forums is slow as fuck
'no'
sorry it isn't as fast as Sup Forums after the influx of redditors like yourself

We don't need serious discussion. Sup Forums is for shitposting, reddit is for the discussion and memes.

That's true.

>What happend to all that

Maybe you adblock but if you don't Sup Forums is filled with some holy shit cancer clickbait ads now and they must be doing fine.

Also, the site was never in a bad financial position. Literally 4 months after moot left the site saying "Sup Forums's financial's and servers have never ever been more stable ever" Hiro came out with the gib money i delete boards shit. Remember, they day after he said that crap he made /vip/.

You can choose to believe some wealthy Koch brother 4channer is bankrolling the entire site but please don't be so stupid. The site is not hurting for money, and it hasn't been since 2015 and it's full of ads now too basically unusable on mobile without clover.

>/trash/
>/his/ (aka pol light)
>a second Sup Forums board
wtf is this nip doing?

I wanted /fag/.

>we will never get a proper /arts/ board for actual arts and culture discussion and not memes

It's a shame. Sup Forums, Sup Forums, /lit/, all even shittier than they used to be. On all of these boards only meme circlejerks get replies and anything that falls outside the realm that or flavor of the month
bullshit (ie. trying to have real discussions) either gets flamed or outright ignored.
Even /his/ is going down the drain and getting spammed with blatant Sup Forumsbait.

It was bullshit from the beginning. If you look into it, he would do the same with 2chan. He would tell the users the site would die because of increased server costs then pocket the money when they would donate. They warned us about this as soon as he bought Sup Forums, and a few months later, it started.

Not faggoty enough. We need to blow it out of the park with 24/7 acting like tremendous faggots. It'll be a celebration of Sup Forums culture. Newfags, oldfags, tripfags, namefags, all the fags being such fags that real fags will turn into pillars of salt just by looking at it, a real basilisk of faggotry.

don't forget /news/, probably the most useless board on this site

That board's for your mother.

kek

That board fucked your mother.

This is going to turn into Sup Forums.

How will it NOT turn into Sup Forums

Your mother fucked my mother? That's gay.

Link to post?

Your mother is gay.

>we will never get a proper /arts/ board for actual arts and culture discussion and not memes
That sounds like some real faggoty shit

In all seriousness, I'll never understand why people come to a fucking anime website famous for racism, gore, raiding, trolls etc and expect 100% serious and cultured discussion. Go to a fucking museum or something. This website has always been full of edgy little faggots who like to shitpost and be silly. Get over it.

Yep, that's where your mother told my mother to stick black dildo.

They are already talking about nazification of the board.

Does hiroshima think this will stop the Sup Forums raids and crossposting on other boards? It will just make it worse.

not him but there really aren't many places to discuss film on the internet, especially not anonymously
we already have /lit/ for 'discussion' and /film/ wouldn't be different, just faster

Where else should we go then?

anonymity. Any place with usernames just devolves into circlejerking over who have the most internet points and the most upvotes.

FUCK!

who fucking cares

go back to r eddit if you want that shit

>never
There was a short lived /film/ you fucking newfag, don't talk about the site if you don't know anything.

Cheeky cunt

>implying Hiro gives a shit about this site