Star Trek Thread - Ferengi Death Squad edition

>ctrl f
>no Star Trek thread

Let's change that.

I remember when I first started DS9 and I thought the Ferengi episodes were the worst.

Somehow by the end they became my favorite fucking part of the series.

>Quark: I came to pay my respects...
>"Well then. Pay them..."
>*Quark pauses*
>Quark: Oh! *tosses in two strips of latinum*

Or the part where they all know the fucking Cola theme. Or where they have to pay to use a seat after avoiding paying for the elevator. Ferengi are the best.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HU2ftCitvyQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

"Moooooooooooooooogiiiieeeeeeeeeeee"

I swear it got longer every time.

>Ferenginar is based on America
Where did it all go so wrong for us?

I think it would be based on late 1800 America.

Before the FDA and all that shit that made sure you didn't die.

>The woman ferengi episode
>Rom knows everything about crossdressing

Do you drink Slug-O-Cola? It's the Slimiest Cola in the Galaxy because it's made with real Algae. Help keep your teeth that lovely shade of green with Slug-O-Cola.

that label is fucking hilarious, too bad it looks like DS9 will never get a hi-def remastering like TNG did

Part of this complete breakfast!

How do other empires even compete?

Were they space jews or space arabs? Or just semites in general?

This map doesn't make sense, in In The Pale Moonlight they talk about the Dominion attacking The Federation via Romulan space, so Cardassian and Romulan Space must be a lot closer than that and probably even connected.

I've seen maps with completely different locations, I don't think there's a canon map.

>what is that big black undefended space?

They had a non-aggression pact, so they could just go inside the borders as long as they didn't fight the Romulans.

I've never watched star trek, what do I do?

I think it's called Reaching.

Your post was bad and the embarrassment you feel is just.

Watch Star Trek

I like the part where Worf bought Nogs toof sharpener.

see

>it's a 'federation flagship gets sent on taxi duty' episode

So Geordi was a pickle Morty?

Where do I start though?

The point is that they're nowhere near each other. Launching a surprise attack via Romulan space from Cardassia would take months to avoid being spotted by the Federation as you go past their northern border, wasting valuable resources and troops that would be just as effective attacking via the northern border. Probably more effective as they'll have the big guns on the Romulan border but there's nobody north of their position to require defending against.

This guy would have us believe they spent weeks bypassing undefended space to attack via the Romulan DMZ, it makes no sense whatsoever.

Pic related

>if you don't believe my opinion you're wrong the post

Feel free to argue your opinion instead of just using meme arrows. Last (You) you'll get from me until then.

>its a 'transvestite ferengi' episode

This is a shit chart. TOS is a load of nostalgia diarrhea and most of it doesn't hold up today. Start with Next Gen and work your way through DS9 and that's basically all that is good.

Voyager is a total slog, but Enterprise is okay.

>This is a shit chart
>Proceeds to agree with the chart
What did he mean by this?

Little Green Men is my favorite DS9 episode.

Why was Alexander such a whiny cunt?

Human upbringing
>but Worf turned out fine
Worf never assimilated into human culture. As much as he loved his parents, he also loved the Klingon Empire, its culture and its people, and wanted to be a part of it. Alexander just never felt that way.

Alexander never wanted to be a warrior, the only reason he joined the Imperial army was to try to make his father proud of him, and in the end he seemed to have found himself and possibly enjoyed being a warrior.

What's this guy's name again?

Aquanizer Brunt

BRUNT
FCA

Weyoun.

COME TO QUARK'S
QUARK'S IS FUN
COME RIGHT NOW
DON'T WALK, RUN!

>Federation hands over a POW so you can trade him for your moogie
>meet the Dominion on a neutral space station under flag of truce for a prisoner exchange
>kill the POW while he's in your custody
>control his corpse like a puppet to fool the Dominion who so far has negotiated in good faith
>kill the guards protecting the Dominion negotiator
>threaten to kill the negotiator so as to take him prisoner
>hand him over to the Federation to be interrogated

A million Federation citizens in territory occupied by the Dominion were probably vaporized for Quark's little stunt.

He was a lying thieving cunt when he had only been raised by his Klingon mother, the behaviour persisted while being raised by his Klingon father, then after the Rojencos took him in, he finally got good enough to join the Klingon military.

>>Federation hands over a POW so you can trade him for your moogie
I always though this was the most unbelievable part of the story

>The Dominion is at war with the Federation
>The Federation have exactly one captured prisoner
>And he's an important figure in their military
>And he's cooperative

Hmm maybe this guy could be useful for something or other, no wait nevermind, give him to the bartender so he can get his mother back, I'm sure he'll succeed and do something useful to us like bring the Ferengi military into the w-. Or lend us some money, we're ru-.

Bitcheyev would have you airlocked for even suggesting it.

>Ferengi military

lmao

>Exactly one captured prisoner

One that we've SEEN. Its a fucking interstellar war and from what we've seen, its pretty much guaranteed other Vorta have been captured.

Shit, there even cases of disloyal Jem'Hadar in the show. Might be a few of them that got taken.

>It's a Hillary Clinton episode

They have to be completely disloyal though like Keevan or they'd activate their suicide implant when captured.

They must have had something. Otherwise even the Pakleds could have conquered them.

Didn't their ships pose a threat to the Enterprise? They were the villians of several episodes so must have.

>tfw we never got to see the vorta with the big cleavage ever again

Screw the tits, what about her special beam cannon?

Which is very possible.

Even a Weyoun clone tried to defect. He only killed himself to protect a Founder.

>"My god, what have they DONE to you?"
Funniest line in DS9

1 7 3 4 6 7 3 2 1 4 7 6 Charlie 3 2 7 8 9 7 7 7 6 4 3 Tango 7 3 2 Victor 7 3 1 1 7 8 8 8 7 3 2 4 7 6 7 8 9 7 6 4 3 7 6 Lock

Mercenary units populated by the Ferengi too stupid make it as cutthroat merchants is my guess.

>I don't think there's a canon map.
There isn't, the closes thing is the Star Charts book, which either CBS or Paramount consider "official" while at the same time conceding that because the shows change shit so much it can't be 100% accurate.

What's the name of that TNG episode where they shuttle crash on a planet and some kind of a force field is erected over it so they can never escape except they do and then nobody will ever come in again?

No Trekkie would skip Wrath of Khan and Undiscovered Country. Smack yourself.

That was Voyager, 7x22- Natural Law, the force field protects some primitive aliens from some western imperialist analogy and they take it down to rescue Tuvok and Seven then put it up again after when they realise what they've done.

>Tuvok and Seven
pretty sure that was chipotle and seven

I could've swore it was TNG.

You're right, I was mixing it up with the time he found the Benjamin Button planet and basically the same thing happens.

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

There can't ever really be a canon map because of the way Star Trek inconsistently handles interstellar distances. Both DS9 and Voyager conceptually based around the idea that any distance measured in the tens of thousands of light years is impossibly vast; starships just couldn't travel those kinds of distances, and if they could it would have the crew stuck on their ships for decades or even lifetimes.

So distance scales on maps that show a thousand light years, or that one line in First Contact about the Federation being spread across 8,000 light years are impossible to accept. You can't have a Federation that has member planets that are years apart from each other for the fastest ships in the fleet. The Romulans wouldn't be itching to fight the Klingons if it took 6 months just to get to the closest planet on their side of the border.

Some of the DS9 word of god stuff actually tried to fix this, by having distances between things measured in tens of light years instead, so ships could conceivably get to places in a matter of days or week, as actually happens on the show. This brings up it's own problems though, in that if you made a map that used those distances, the great Federation, the major player in the alpha quadrant, becomes this tiny little dot in one small corner of the galaxy. The Federation isn't really exploring the galaxy, just the little slice they can get to, and the major power are fighting over a slim amount of territory on a galactic scale, comparable to a handful of small islands in the Pacific going to war with each other.

As inaccurate as that map is, the other empires compete by not being complete pussies like the Federation.
Let me remind you that without Section 31 the Federation would've decades years ago.

The Federation would've what decades ago?

Whoops.
It would've died.

Just started Enterprise, when does Jeffery Combs show up?

When (or maybe IF) Shatner goes I am gonna really lose it. I am honestly not even a TOS fan, but Star Trek has done so much for my life.

Luckily Patrick Stewart seems to get younger so I am good on the TNG crew for a couple decades.

user pls

youtube.com/watch?v=HU2ftCitvyQ

I used to think Ferengi episodes were the best until Ezri came on to the show.

>Jeffery Combs
Season 1 episode 7

Did they ever get Worf or Dorn on ENT?
Glad I am not the only one who thinks this was the hotter Dax.

Well she's not a filthy whore like the other one.

rom and moogie at ferenginar

Dr.Crusher, I'm Section 31.

Morn when the barstool fell

You wish kiddo.

Just watched Living Witness
is it the most kino Voyager episode?

>voyager
>within 50000 light years of kino

Don't kid yourself.

Voyager is my favorite. I know lots of people hated but I love it. Especially the Doctor.

So when are you emigrating back home?

What did they do with Neelix before they went home in the final season? I forget?

God VOY is so fucking awful. Why didn't they make it more of a survival story? It was kinda like a long cruise home that was too comfortable. Gilligan's island-ish.

The day before they went home they found a colony of Neelixes and he got himself a wife and a wife's son and stayed with them.

Wow that is fucked. Was his species like spread around the galaxy for some reason? Honestly I am a Star Trek nerd hardcore, but weak as fuck on VOY and ENT.

You are not a Trek fan, just a faggot, why would anyone wanting to get into Star Trek trust your opinion?

As much shit as it gets, ENT in its prime was far better than VOY.
Bit sad that it didn't get more years to sort itself out.

They were a bit spread out because some hostile alien nearly genocided their race but it was still a completely ridiculous idea as they would have had to have travelled across the entirety of the Borg's territory to get there.

It was just a quick was to throw away the character, presumably because they couldn't figure out what he'd do in the future on Earth in the finale as he's the only one of his species there.

LONGING STILL

FOR THAT WHICH LONGER NURTURES THE DISEASE

I fucking worship Sam Beckett from Quantum Leap so I give ENT a pass but it was pretty awful looking back.

VOY was just at the peak Star Trek of the 90s and took zero risks.
The hostile wasn't the Borg? Fuck VOY was so unmemorable I watched every episode in its first run!

Good thing Voyager brought back the hottest Borg in history.

Late season 3 to season 4 ENT was pretty damn good, better than anything VOY put out.
I think your views are clouded because rewatches start at the beginning and ENT had an atrocious one.

Quick claim your shipfu before someone else does!

Read an article with her recently. She teaches at a college in Texas now.

Could be right. I will say that my Star Trek love is tarnish because I was an extra on Independence Day :resurgence and my hero of all time Brent Spiner was on set 5 feet from me for three days and all he did was hit on me.

I am a straight male.

I wait all my life to meet Data and he wants to suck my dick.

Ya I signed up to to be an extra on the movie knowing I would get to meet him (I was military scientist 1) and literally day 1 of filming he asks me about my boots (we had weird military costume boots)... then asked me about where I am from... then if I wanted to go to his trailer... then if I was a drinker...

I just wanted to talk about Star Trek.

Sounds like he just wanted to make a friend to spend time with when you weren't filming.
Ya blew it.

I assure you he wanted me to go back to his trailer between takes and fuck him in the ass. I love Data but there is no doubt. I had two hotties (female) on set next to me who he completely ignored but me and this other extra (male) that he interacted with he would chase us down.

You don't make friends with extras when you are on set for 3 days and then leave town. I live in Albuquerque NM for christ sake.