Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ApJqmbnw4G8
youtube.com/watch?v=cKHc7pKZdj0
youtube.com/watch?v=Nc6l_6Jpj6U
youtube.com/watch?v=ygEuLVGW7ew
youtube.com/watch?v=dNwVxrLYQpQ
youtube.com/watch?v=sn5tQ0WjsdE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Tfw ther has never been another show like Fringe that is as comfy and awesome as Fringe was

Should I rewatch Fringe?
Singles: no
Digits: yes

Fauxlivia best girl

wow, fuck, i guess I'll watch it too

This.

rolling

you like rick and morty dont you?

Never seen it

What happened in the end? What was the basic gestalt of the ending?

I quit 2 seasons from the end when "good" Olivia came back I always wondered what happened but I can't watch anymore

>Tfw when it's been years since you saw a show and you only remember bits and pieces and you can rewatch the show without suddenly remembering eveyrthing and getting bored since you know what will happen

godamn, the whole board should have to rewatch it.

*dances*

>Olivia has sex in the first 3 minutes of the first episode

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The X-Files was pretty comfy for the first 3-4 seasons

Final season takes place in the near future where the observers (the bald people from the previous seasons have taken over). What is left of the Fringe team uses "fringe" science to battle the observers and eventually figure out a way to stop them. The observers are actually humans from the future who have colonized the past (not sure how they explain how it works), but ultimately the fringe team realize they need to send a certain boy to a future point that would stop humanity from becoming the observers. again, not sure of the exact explanation as to why, this is from the wiki-

>...to meet an agent to take him to the Norwegian scientist to stop the experiment that would be responsible for creating the Observers

In the end, Walter agrees to take the boy to the future, essentially wiping him away from the timeline and preventing the invasion.

>Before entering the wormhole, Walter looks back at Peter and Peter mouths "I love you, Dad" to Walter.Time flashes back to 2015, where Peter, Olivia, and their young daughter Etta are enjoying a day in the park. The Observer invasion does not occur, and the family returns home. When Peter checks the mail, he finds an envelope addressed to him from W. Bishop, containing only a piece of paper with a drawn white tulip on it (a reference to the acclaimed episode White Tulip). Peter looks up, an expression of alarmed recognition on his face.

Pretty emotional ending.

When I was really into the show I thought about getting a white tulip tattoo. I wouldn't do it now.

It's still one my favorite TV shows.

Can we all agree that parallel Dunham > regular Dunham?

Walter Bishop's actor is 10/10

FRINGE EVENT

nah, her strut was a turn-off

The boy was September's son and he was a mutant or something so he had all the observer powers, but he also had emotions. The Norwegian scientist, when he created the technology to turn humans into observers, believed that emotions had to be eliminated for the process to work. By sending the boy to him, they prove to him that emotions and logic/technology can coexist and the future humans/observers will now maintain their emotions rather than giving them up and becoming a soulless society.

So basically instead of becoming a dead clone machine society, humanity become enlightened superbeings, never ruin the planet, and never colonize the past.

This doesn't fuck up the timeline because all the observers the team encountered before are still there, they just have benevolent intentions now.

Fuck. That's a better ending than I could have hoped for.

Cheers mate

Nah Olivia was a good sadgirl waifu. Faux was a thot.

>>This doesn't fuck up the timeline because all the observers the team encountered before are still there, they just have benevolent intentions now.

Why?

Wouldn't they have never become Observers if the science to make them never existed, thus removing them from the timeline?
Or is it that they are disconnected from the future that made them and still exist, but wouldn't they still have the Observer future as their past, meaning they'd be taking notes for the invasion that couldn't happen?

Or is just a non-logical happy ending because time travel gets silly when you try to work out the plot?

They still become the observers. They just don't lose their emotions in the process.

Oh.

Guess I gotta rewatch Fringe then, as commands

But I just started Stargate...

say my name Sup Forums

ASPERGERS!

Ashtray?

Astonishing numbers!

Asteroid!

Claire

Black science woman

I don't get it why don't the new emotional observers also have time travel and just send Walter back after completing the mission?

Aspartame

She was always sexy by wood-like.

Few possibilities:
1. They know it would create a timeline that won't lead to their future.
2. Walter wants to stay to take care of the Observer child.
3. Walter views exile in the future as his penance for all the suffering he caused.
4. Walter, being a big science guy, just gets so swept up in the excitement of seeing the future that he spends the rest of his days there.

Also possible that the time travel tech isn't invented until after Walter dies.

Redhead Olivia is hotter though...

>Also possible that the time travel tech isn't invented until after Walter dies.
How would that matter?

The last season felt really weird and I didn't enjoy it. Probably because I didn't understand much of it. It still is one of my favourite shows and I recommend it to everyone.
I have to rewatch it.

post your favourite scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=ApJqmbnw4G8

why/how did a sci-fi show do psychological horror better than 99% of modern-day horror movies

When do the observers come?

last season they take over.

No I mean in the first season when do they appear which episode

4x19- Letters of Transit is the first one set in the future, just randomly shows up in season 4 then goes back to the main story. Then after that, the last 30 seconds of the season 4 finale, then season 5.

If you miss Letters of Transit you won't understand it. And 1x15- Inner Child is very important too.

The Observers are everywhere, they appear in every episode. And real life too.

Okay first contact then

stopped watching after this episode because I read that the show never got that good again.

1x4- The Arrival

Great episode, I may rewatch it now.

i stopped watching

what was the fucking pattern?

I just started the first season again

>Someone tricked me into not watching the show and I'm proud of that
Why?

Walter went to the other universe. It damaged both sides, but they had it worse.

second half of season 1 through season 3 was fantastic television. 4 and 5 were meh, not enjoyable and i very much disliked the direction they took

First seasons of Fringe were 10/10 kino

I love those 3D words about locations

I loved the intros being tailored to the episode/season. Especially the retro one

youtube.com/watch?v=cKHc7pKZdj0

>It's another strange thing happens but Walter worked on a very similar project decades ago episode

it turns out The Pattern is (mostly) a series of after-effects of a cross-parallel-universes event caused by Walter years ago that he has been keeping from the rest of the group for personal reasons that set up the bulk of the emotional drama for the proceeding seasons

tbf those are hardly coincidences, it's his fault half the Fringe incidents exist in the first place

Asterix!

I only enjoyed the episodic plots, the whole overarching "war between dimensions" was pretty damn bad. I just wanted to see freaky creatures and experiments gone wrong.

Paradox and butterfly effect on timeline.

Observers had to do a lot of shit so they could successfully go back in time, let Peter die or live or colonize and any unordained actions can lead to severe consequences like when Windmark asked permission to go back in time to kill the team and got denied because it'd set them back.

Why go through that just to bring Walter into the past he left?

If the timeline that produces the benevolent Observers has Walter live out his last days in the future, they can't go back to before his death and move him to the past without altering the timeline.

Assterd

Walter always was a unintentional dick.

I'm surprised there aren't more Fringe threads considering how good this show (used to be)

Alt-strid was a cutie.

I have the blu ray set on my shelf, really should get around to watching again soon.

Always thought Fringe revealed its mysteries well, pulling at the threads just right. One of the few shows where I would watch the last week's episode again before the new one.

Also, I fucking love Anna Torv and I'm so glad we're getting her back on that Fincher Netflix show.

Sadly, they had to rush it.

Man, Based Walter is one of my favourite fictional characters, and his arc is simply beautiful

>Twin Peaks is cannon fringeverse
>There will never be a Coop + Mulder + Walter episode

The show was on the verge of cancellation every single season afaik

Farscape was too, but they didn't get a fifth season and only got the Peace Keeper Wars... and the comics.

Wait, wasn't alt-Asterix just her but with a beret and severe autism?

I know, it was fucking painful, and I feel it deserved a lot more space specially in it's critique of science for science sake (at times)

Also, White Tulip is one of my favourite episodes of any series ever, Fringe had god tier feels.

quads!

This is not right boys, bring the amber

Everyone in the thread has to

This is one of the most kino moments in the history of tv

youtube.com/watch?v=Nc6l_6Jpj6U

>Years of Bowie references here and there
>that Peter head tilt

unironically pottery

Torv fucking nailed Nimoy's speech patterns.
Why wasn't this series more succesful? Everyone's acting was great, scripts ranged from average to mindblowing, production was fairly good and even if they didn't plan ahead, they clearly managed to tie up most loose knots, and yet fucking no one talks about it now (or then).

One of the Fringiest scenes:
youtube.com/watch?v=ygEuLVGW7ew

And one of my favorite "quiet" moments from the series:
youtube.com/watch?v=dNwVxrLYQpQ

Watching this is when I really felt like I understood Olivia's character. I love this show.

That final puppet scene is one of the best things ever made for television. Creepy, but beautiful. Fringe wavered in quality in the middle a little, but damn did it finish strong and sad.

This reminds me of one of the things I hate in science fiction; when they call every gizmo, gadget, implant, device, tool, and whoseamuhwut "tech".
It grinds in my ears like every near future movie calling the internet "the net" and videos "vids". Peter didn't have Observer Tech in his head, he had an Observer Implant.

I first started noticing them in Moby's videos. Now, I continue to see them everywhere.

>even if they didn't plan ahead
I'm pretty sure most of the series was mapped out from the beginning. The setups and payoffs in this series are god-tier. For example, episode 2 has the whole hyper-accelerated pregnancy plot, which actually sets up a major plot point in season 3 with Fauxlivia's pregnancy. I'm convinced that they established accelerated pregnancies in an early one-off episode so that they could use it again in season 3 without people saying "what the hell? They can speed up pregnancy now?"

>Why wasn't this series more succesful?
shit timeslot
shit network
seen as an x-files rip off
no sex/violence to draw viewers

THE PATTERN

ASS

>tfw afraid of very bald people / alopecia
>realize Observers are there since first EP thanks to this
>no one cares about the series, and the two friends I have who do care never really believed me

so...this is the power of knowledge...woah...thanks Walter

This is enough autism to make me think you have one as well desu

I think some stuff seems planned ahead (and I love how they start to use old cases weapons in the last episodes), but at the same time I remember there was a lot of shit that was just sort of dropped (I'm rewatching it thanks to the miracle quads, so in a few weeks, if we have another thread, I'll be glad to point out what).

>seen as an x-files rip off
This is the exact reason why I started watching, I'd expect more people into XF would follow suit.

>talking with friends about shows we like
>H-heY, has anyone watched Fringe??
>no

YOU'RE BALD

I THINK HE'S AN OBSERVER

i don't think i've ever seen Anna Torv in anything but this show. what happened to her?

I remember people actually suggesting this in the wiki back then desu.

Broyles is absolute bosskino, at least on par with Skinner

Did The girl who played Olivia almost get written off in season 2? I remember she was in a coma on the brink of death, then another hot fbi women conveniently joined the cast for a few episodes as if she was to replace her.

Who knows.Same shit happend to Yvonne strahovski after chuck.Guess Hollywood doesn't like qt aussies :^(

How hyped were you when this happened?

youtube.com/watch?v=sn5tQ0WjsdE

I think she was pregnant, when she got into a coma she was already back, she disappeared but it was for like, two episodes.

The mexican lady completely disappeared and I never understood why the fuck they tried to make her such a character.