So im trying to watch The Wire season but nothing is fucking happening. Does it get better?

So im trying to watch The Wire season but nothing is fucking happening. Does it get better?
im at episode 2

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D3T_2RTDcVo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Season 2?

It doesn't really get better. But it's already at its peak, you just don't understand the situation. Which is fine.
You'll get what I mean if you rewatch it.

You will most likely become fonder of the show as it progresses, tho. A lot of the best characters are introduced during the second season, and going through their arcs are some of the best TV writing ever made.

Possibly the weakest season in some aspects but it's The fucking Wire, it's still amazing.

It doesn't get better. Boring show that redditors pretend to like for virgin points

Season 1 was so shit I never watched season 2. I don't really get the appeal.

spotted the turbo-pleb

>I don't really get the appeal.

its a pleb filter user

I never got past episode 3 because it was just so fucking average and boring. There was no hook

You get it.

It is all about scale, context, and perspectives.

It's a shit show with 2 great seasons.

kill yourself

>The fucking Wire, it's still amazing.
When will this meme die. The Wire has some of the lamest scenes ever produced, IN CASE U PONDERIN'.
youtube.com/watch?v=D3T_2RTDcVo

Fuck off, Vince
Your show was shit.

like what even is the point of this show, the cops and the gangsters don't even shoot eachother! it's literally a sopranos-tier borefest

its appeal is filtering plebs? its just like the leftovers in that regard then.

You know if someone says its good they are a pleb. They can never defend the show, they can only call you pleb and reddit

You know if someone says its bad they are a pleb. They can never argue against the show, they can only call it boring and bad.

1,2,4 are objectively good television. And the jolly adventures of Bunny Colvin are more than enough to make S3 far from shit.
Even McNulty going off the deep end and Simon's self insert aren't enough to call S5 "shit".

>At this distance? In this caliba?
Fucking gaaaay.

goddam this plays out as if reddit wrote a scene line by line

Fyi Omar was gay

>you need to watch ALL of the boring and bad show otherwise your a pleb

Notice how there is never a positive Wire thread on Sup Forums it always gets derailed. Notice how they just tell you to kill yourself for not liking it.

Season 5 is by far the worst

>all these plebs

granted Season 1 is slow as molases, it has some heart-wrenching moments, but once you get past the dull pacing, the show just keeps getting better.

The way the show handles minorities is really what appeals to me. Most shows take a retarded approach in how they handle "thugs", but they feel far more authentic in this show, and mixed with "high-brow" police/politician speak. It makes for great contrast. Other than that its a great show up until Season 5 which was just dumb.

Season 4 however is 11/10 television.

4>2>3>1>5

Is that Rich Evans' dad?

lmao fuck me, the plebs on this board

season 5 is objectively the worst

Brother Mouzone was a mistake.

fuck off, s4 is overrated af. the kids are annoying little shits and their antics make for terrible tv

tHE fuck are you talking about? Season 2 is the best season.

Daily reminder that this man is a fucking legend, defeated Avon and got away with everything

If you haven't watched the show, shut up and post in the GoT general where you belong.
Or just watch it.

And if you actually have watched it. Why lie if it means that at least one of the shitposters here might get a bit cultured?

But to anyone else:
The show is like a sentence, and it ends with a period mark. You won't understand the full meaning of it unless you watch it to the end.
The characters arcs and the shows overlaying topics are continued through the entire show. So it's impossible to judge it fairly unless you watch it all. And I fully understand if it sounds like some behemoth of a show to go through, but it's really not. As soon as you get to know the main cast, and the show "clicks" for you, it's really a breeze.
I know that it's a big joke here, but I'm serious in that The Wire is not any more difficult than shows like Breaking Bad or, fuck, Gossip Girl. It just has a somewhat confusing start, but you'll get through it. And then you'll get through it again. And again.