Why are there so many heart attacks in soccer?

Why are there so many heart attacks in soccer?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_association_footballers_who_died_while_playing

Also the number of lightning strikes is disconcerting.

Attached: JKnmU4.gif (320x180, 886K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nu7EIaYZ4TE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>23 August 2014 Albert Ebossé Bodjongo 24 JS Kabylie Hit by a projectile while leaving the pitch.[98] However a post-mortem examination showed he may have actually died from a severe beating.[99]
lol

90 full minutes of running around at vastly differing paces which can switch from jogging to sprinting in a heartbeat over and over.
Not surprising it can be harsh on the ol cardiovascular system.

i think the governments of the world should step in and do something about this epidemic. shorten the games, make the game be broken into quarters, mandated breaks in between the quarters, unlimited substituions. safety first right?

Was discussing this with some friends lately
The weirder is that it happens a lot in Europe, where you would expect the players would have the best medical support from the teams, and that it happens a lot to young players, who shouldn't have heart problems.

I think it's the doping

Yeah but they start happening with increased frequency starting in 1990 the list goes back to 1889

out of my element here but considering we are talking about the world here and how impoverished most are im assuming record keeping and reporting wouldnt be nearly as good then as now

not to mention im sure total participation has skyrocketed during that time. theres a lot of shit you have to control for when looking at a sum total like this spanning that many years

Explains why players make the sign of the cross before they step on the pitch.

These are only proffesional players recorded deaths though, while most are recorded from English teams it's almost all pneumonia, ruptures, or collisions that are major causes before 1990. Plus this little bit in the article.

>Following an increase in deaths,[1] both during matches and training, FIFA (Federation of International Football Associations) considered mandatory cardiac testing,[2] already in place for years in some countries, such as Italy.

Like says it's probably from doping

>doping causes heart attacks
kek

genetic disposition, plus running like that since they're 12
it's not surprise their heart would give up at some point

>Six deaths from lightning strikes

Jeez I know this is a 100+ year old list but how often has this happened in other sports?

Mere coincidences

>while most are recorded from English teams
>click on the last 7 teams
>fucking gabon
>botswana
>indonesia
>ethopia
>belgium
>china
>level 7 english team
do you think they were playing profession soccer in botswana or gabon in 1950 and reporting their deaths lol? Those countries didnt even exist back then

I meant most of the earliest reports user my bad

According to flashscores, there are 138 games played today (monday). In weekends there are like ten times more. And there are lower leagues the app doesn't count. Very low risk of dying compared to that

Isn't that supposed to be good for your cardiovascular system, though?

Or just a higher risk at the higher level probably from the doping

Attached: 4c5.jpg (1080x1080, 131K)

Running long distances at a consistant pace, yes. Stressing it out to such elite degrees? Eughh..

>January 1999 Ferenc Biro 15 Nirajul Miercurea-Nir. Died after a crossbar fell on his head during a warmup.

Attached: 1479275574914.png (468x518, 51K)

A lot of them tend to be West African which for some reason has a lot of genetic heart disease compared to the rest of the world.

The heart isn't made for doping and the drugs to hide it taken afterwards.

dumb phoneposter

youtube.com/watch?v=nu7EIaYZ4TE

That's just a conspiracy, Zyzz death was a pure coincidence

There are around 50,000 professional footballers around the world.

Each year there are maybe 5-6 incidents of on-field deaths.

That's an on-field death rate of 0.01 for footballers.
You decide if that is "a lot".

The rate for heart-related deaths is certainly higher than for non-footballers in the same age group, but that goes for all athletes. And again, there is only a 1:10,000 chance you're going to suffer that fate as a footballer, not exactly something to worry about.