Is this literally just propaganda

I mean seriously. I'm not even really conservative, but every other episode is about Correcting The Record ™ and making sure we don't participate in wrongthought.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7-YchwrdPw0
youtube.com/watch?v=qCdk9fDE8zA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>le being nice and good is bad meme
take your meds

You are thinking too much, go to bed.

DRMPH

Obviously. How much of it is just people believing what they say, and how much is just the intent of pushing an agenda, is hard to determine. The net result is the same.

This. FUCK TRUMP AND FUCK WHITE PEOPLE

>be nice and good is the message
take yours. you're delusional

Climate change is simply a matter of opinion!

FLAAL FUFFF

It's a real thing that's exploited for political agendas.

>le "yes goy don't be tolerant, instead just lash out like a true albino monkey you are" meme

>be tolerant is the message
take your meds

youtube.com/watch?v=7-YchwrdPw0

Who will put him out of his misery?

What's the best solution to climate change? I suggest that the most effective solution would be to deindustrialize the world. Take all our machines and throw them into the ocean. Every last one.

Ah, but while that would work, that's not a politically tenable solution, is it? I suggest then that the handling of this issue is less about science and more about politics. Finding a compromise between technically correct solutions and politically acceptable solutions is the domain of politics, not science.

This show had no science whatsoever.
For his gender episode I wish he focused more on legitimate trans people and gender dysphoria. Trans people's lives are living hell because they hate their real body meanwhile with non binary they can identify as whatever they want without surgery. I don't hate non binary people but with a long list like this it's really hard to take seriously. This show has an Indian guy doing terrible standup, a dude getting a free trip to South Korea to talk about a female KPop artist with short hair, Ice Cream gay conversion, and a girl singing about her vagina. No science in this show aside from a global warming circle jerk where Nye calls climate change deniers idiots and does nothing to persuade them to care about the environment. This show was a major disappointment and I totally understand if it made people cancel Netflix.

what is the message then?

let others dictate you

Literally everything on tv is propaganda. It's a hard pill to swallow, but that's part of growing up. Every rich asshole out there wants to shove their worldview up your throat.

>I CAN BELEEV IN FUNOUNDED BULLSHIT IF I WANT TO!!! MUH CTR EVEN THOUGH THE ELECTION WAS 6 MONTHS AGO!!! MUH 1984 EVEN THOUGH WE'VE DRIVEN THAT SO FAR INTO THE GROUND IT'S TOTALLY MEANINGLESS!!!

>dictate
like Hitler?

>be tolerant
Tolerant to what? Tolerant to giving kids hormones? Tolerant to cutting kids dicks and letting jews suck on them? Why are you tolerant to those things? Sounds like you shouldn't be.

>science show
>be nice to each other message
there's the fucking problem.

>but every other episode is about Correcting The Record ™
No, it isn't. Let this faggot meme die.

yes, like all rulers or wouldbe rulers

GIVE HANDJOBS TO STRANGERS ITS SCIENCE

Hitler dictated better social policies though.

Wow you really won me over with your compelling argument.

It is advantageous to our species to be egalitarian and altruistic. Making an argument otherwise makes you look like a Downs suffering idiot.

>trumplings are this easy to trigger

That game is fucking weird.

BECAUSE MY SEX JUNK IS OH OH OH

>lel ur triggered even though there are just as many triggered libruls in this thread XD

>"better social policies"
>over extend your military
>pool millions into extravagant military and aesthetic problems
>completely ignore economic issues in favor of illusions
>systematically destroy your own population
You aren't too bright if you think Hitler had any real policy that worked.

You tell 'em gurl. That's jut SCIENCE!

it's about as compelling as any of the arguments against the show, which are never any specific refutations of points the show has made, but instead just implying that the whole show is inherently wrong

>trumplings are THIS easy to trigger

>just as many triggered libruls in this thread XD
Liberals don't make these threads.

>(((Soros))) buys 40% of Netflix shares
>they start making shit like this

What a coincidence

>show saying first world countries should have less children and make china like policies is right

*projects
Not problems

Isn't "egalitarian" the word all the anti-feminist neckbeards use?

>It is advantageous to our species to be egalitarian and altruistic
t. Lenin

It's advantageous to our species for everyone to be a superhuman. We're not though. We're a bunch of greedy cunts and don't tell me you're not. Go on and be altruistic, move to Congo and give away you house to some african guy.

>you're dumb if you don't agree with me politically
A tip of my hat to you, epic gentleman. I fucking love science too.

>they also coincidentally disable the old rating system before all this
Hmm

because the show doesn't present 'arguments.' it espouses value judgements i.e. opinions, which are intrinsically impossible to 'refute'

Ignoring aesthetic problems is how we end up with an ugly world not worth living in. You can thank rising levels of depression, suicide and obesity for the ugly unaesthetic world we've created "ironically".

oh hey look, you're doing exactly what i described
then maybe you should stop getting triggered over other people having different opinions lol

First off, egalitarianism is not a political belief. Secondly, regardless of what end of the spectrum, there are absolutely flat out wrong political beliefs or beliefs informed by politics. I'm not quite sure what your argument is.

everything on american television is propaganda

wtf!!! this is bullshit!!! fucking alt-left politics!!! I hate libcucks!!! "Im a cuck and I voted for obama" hahaha fucking retards!!!

I hope fucking Sam Hyde, Gavin Mcinnes and Alex Jones fucking nuke this kyke nigger!!!

Sieg Heil to all my alt-right bro's on Sup Forums

this wasn't a serious post was it?

Nice strawman argument to justify you probably being a shitty faggot.

so they're allowed to espouse their opinions but others aren't allowed to respond? makes you think

The gender stuff is more sociology than science Tbh

yes user im pretty sure every politician, economist and what not is wrong and that one guy is right

I don't really care if the show is "leftist propaganda" or not, but its clear that the people who watch this are the same normalfags who pretend to like science

>aesthetics don't matter
Careful with that edge.

You seem pretty triggered yourself Tbh

He bought minor stock in the parent company and this show would have already been filmed months ago, before he bought it. It's sort of a reach here...

Shows aren't magic. They don't get made in a day.

>egalitarianism is not a political belief
Stopped reading there.

>It is advantageous to our species to be egalitarian and altruistic
>Therefore, that's the reason you have to pay a 50% income tax

For anyone wondering, that's where this guy was going.

stop procreating

>It is advantageous to our species to be egalitarian and altruistic.

meanwhile 1 in 200 men are direct descendants of Ghengis Khan, the most brutal conqueror in human history

being nice to other groups just leaves you open to exploitation and replacement. you should ask the native Americans how it went for them when they helped European settlers survive through their first winters.

>strawman argument
How is that a strawman argument? You're saying we should be altruistic. Tell me, are you altruistic? What % of your income do you donate? What's that, you don't have an income? Oh I see, I see now.

youtube.com/watch?v=qCdk9fDE8zA

>but others aren't allowed to respond
lol everything is muh free speech with you dipshits. respond all you want, you'll just rightfully be called out for being whiny about it and not presenting any real counterpoints.
oh hey look, you're doing the thing i described again
no u

>crowded first and second world nations, who can afford not to have more children, should just overpopulate instead of poor third worlds that can't handle or afford it.
?

>not an argument
All I see in this thread from liberals ins pure condescension. It's no wonder you guys lost the election when you think that calling everyone you disagrees with you a bunch of inbred hicks is a good political strategy.

But it isn't...

>can afford
is that why people are trying their hardest to raise their birthrates

That is literally another strawman.

>All I see in this thread from liberals ins pure condescension
where as you guys have been nothing but respectful lol did you forget what thread you're posting in?

>Germans create the Weimar republic after world war 1

>the average German hates it and grows weary

>Hitler wins the election promising to fix all these problems

>turns shitty Weimar Germany into a world superpower

>Germany is crushed

>entire world then slowly adopts Weimar culture

>???

Oh wtf I hate all inmigrants then! You just convinced me to move to an island and genetically box off my family!

Are you the strawman? Because I'm just asking you questions that you can't seem to answer. If you're a strawman, don't blame me.

>believing in Sup Forums lies

worked really well for iceland, now look at south america

For fucks sake...

JUST

DON'T

WATCH IT

No one is forcing you to watch this fucking show. There's like 3 to 5 threads up, minimum, about this shit every day, all fucking week. Yes, it's shitty. We get it.

Please post about something, anything else.

>justify you probably being a shitty faggot
I don't care about every case of oppression and injustice in the world. I have no hippie fantasies of a kumbaya Stark Trek utopia. I know I'm a shitty faggot and I don't care.

>lol everything is muh free speech with you dipshits
yes it's called discussion. it's part of how humans communicate
>not presenting any real counterpoints
opinion doesn't warrant "counterpoints"

nice strawman arguments bro.

I just don't like it because of the change of tone from the original, and I don't mean how the original was a kids show and this one isn't, or at least pretends it isn't. The original show was just a guy being really excited about explaining basic science concepts to kids. He wasn't irreplaceable or using his own star power because he hadn't earned any fame yet. Bill Nye Saves The World felt like a lot of it was coasting on Nye's ego and reputation rather than the message. This is even expressed in the title of the show itself. The other thing that really bothered me is that Bill is an old man trying to be cool, but his previous show wasn't shown before a live audience so it could be heavily edited. Editing for flawless comedic timing and having the benefit of multiple takes probably really helped the original show. This show lacks that, and it REALLY shows. The comedy falls flat, and often the studio audience laughs at what seems like inappropriate times, like they don't know what is or isn't a joke but just want to play along.

I'm not disagreeing with the show on a scientific basis, I think climate change and the holocene extinction event are definitely real and bad things, but he's not helping that much by being an uncharismatic, self-pandering fuck who plays to his weaknesses more than his strengths, probably because he doesn't know which is which.

Monkey girl a cutest

DUDE WHITE PEOPLE CANT USE ASIAN INCENSE LMAO

You seem to just not know what a strawman is.

REMINDER THAT BILL NYE ONLY HAS A BACHELOR DEGREE.

>Doesn't even have a PhD
>Doesn't even have an honours bachelor

First world nations are in no way overcrowded. It's the (SOME) 2nd world and 3rd world nations which are overcrowded. And nobody is telling them to sterilize their women and depopulate because that would be racist genocide.

>inb4 superpower by 2020

free speech has nothing to do with being laughed at in a discussion, it means the government can't make laws against what you say
>opinion doesn't warrant "counterpoints"
you're not fooling anyone with this, we know you just want to be triggered with all of your triggered internet friends without actually having to demonstrate any of the problems with the show

>I informed all my isolationist opinions on immigration based on Iceland, while ignoring actual statistics on immigration benefits in most of the first world.
Just stop getting your news from Sup Forums

If climate change is such a problem then why don't they call out the chinks and poos that contribute a huge percentage of pollution?

how fucking stupid are trumplrinas

it's ironic. they agree with you

show me the benefits

>First world nations are in no way overcrowded.
KEK

DUDE GMOS ARE FINE PLEASE LISTEN TO OUR MONSANTO GUEST LMAO

The same idiots who like I Fucking Love Science pages on FB and share the shitty popsci gimmicks but don't pay any attention to the actual science stories.

Laughing at people is not an argument. Thinking otherwise just makes you look foolish.

America.

$0.02 has been deposited into your account.

He's not wrong you dumb retarded faggot