Can we get a decent cyberpunk thread going?

Can we get a decent cyberpunk thread going?

I'm not talking about the usual "kino" garbage like Bladerunner or Ghost in the Shell but deeper cuts that are under appreciated or maybe not as well known.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0h40D4ZYwKs
youtu.be/-nC5TBv3sfU
youtu.be/kyuY0GWqVKE
youtu.be/ua33ffcq8n0
youtu.be/k0kg80jAtI8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

sure, why not...

A.D Police Files

youtube.com/watch?v=0h40D4ZYwKs

stop it

>anime
let's not go there...

nah anime is totally fine

kys cuck

We currently live in an era where megacorporations, cybernetic enhancements, and advanced information technology exist. Can the term cyberpunk be retired yet? I mean, Stuxnet was seven years ago, BCI is a mature technology and so are automated vehicles...

Is "cyberpunk" fetishism now a retro type thing? Everything in it actually exists now and has for more than a decade in most cases.

cyberpunk is shit.

i tried to love it when i was like 10, but most movie/game/ehatever is dissappointing. Even the most famous ones Bladerunner/GitS dives not only into depressing, but fucking boooring existent philosophy bullshit.

You sound like you'd suck cocks for a living if you were pretty enough.

Strange Days

>its popular therefore its garbage
you are pathetic and you will never have friends or succeed in anything in life

plz leave

Any films which aren't in the header thingy in a google search for cyberpunk movies?

this and original Mad Max thrilogy is closes to Fallout movie we will ever get

You haven't even played a Fallout short of 3

wat

you sound like a butthurt 10 year old not accepting the truth

When you search for term + [movie|film|flick|etc] google usually helpfully provides a horizontally-scrolling series of images above the search results, and every single flick ITT is one of those results for the search of cyberpunk movies.

So, any movies besides those?

Shadowchaser

>Terrorists with an indestructible robot take over a high-rise hospital in order to kidnap the president's daughter
I sighed but am downloading

Thread theme

youtu.be/-nC5TBv3sfU

Gunship is 10/10. Prepare to relive your childhood. Youngfags need not apply.

youtu.be/kyuY0GWqVKE

this is a fantastic film

Directed by a woman btw.

He said no kino

youtu.be/ua33ffcq8n0

youtu.be/k0kg80jAtI8

I really like it but it should have come out in 1986 or something. so weird to have all that futuristic shit just 3 years from when you watch it in the theater.

A Street Samurai dressed to kill in his Cryo-Max mirrorshades, Gibson BattleGear jacket with light panels, black leather pants, Katana, H&K Smartgun and MetalGear Boots went to a bar and ordered the House Special.
As he sat there sipping his Blood Razor, a young lady sat down next to him. After she ordered her SoCal Special, she turned to the Samurai and asked him, "Are you a real Street Samurai?"
To which he replied, "Well, I have spent my whole life on the streets, doing muscle work, killing plebes, taking the odd jobs for corps who don't trust their own people, running from Arasaka, eating Kibble one night, and real food the next, so I guess I am."
After a short while he asked her what she was. She replied, "I've never killed anyone so I'm not a Samurai, but I am a lesbian. I spend my whole day thinking about women. As soon as I get up in the morning I think of women, when I eat, shower, watch TV, everything seems to make me think of women." A short while later she left and the Street Samurai ordered another Blood Razor. A fixer sat down next to him, looked him over as potential talent for his next job and asked, "Are you a real Street Samurai?" To which he replied, "I always thought I was, but I just found out that I'm a lesbian."

are you legs ok?

Nothing about that post was "autistic".

It's great, but it felt like it had two different endings mixed up together

A friend of mine recommended me this movie way back.

No.
If we live in a cyberpunk world the genre is more relevant than ever.
They can be escapist fantasies about fighting back against the corporations.
It's funny that they wont make new cyberpunk IPs tho because of terrorism endorsing and everyone being for surveillance.

Also if you make new cyberpunk I think it's a good idea to not go so hard on the cyber and make more of a "punk" world.

>They can be escapist fantasies about fighting back against the corporations.
>It's funny that they wont make new cyberpunk IPs tho because of terrorism endorsing and everyone being for surveillance.
Insightful yet paradoxical.

sleep now...

>bio enhanced gangsters
:P

10x better than Gamer and that chick is fucking fine. It was so aesthetic ahhh...

>44th post in the thread
>responds to OP
Narcissists are cancer

Nirvana with Christopher Lambert

I post this in every goddamn thread asking for cyberpunk recommendations

I bet none of you fucks ever bothered to watch it

is that with th eprison?

Not sure if it's cyberpunk but what's this movie about people constructing a killer robot? The only things I remember about it is that the censored version cut out some fetuses and that it was late 80s or early 90s.

could be Richard Stanley's "Hardware"

No, it's definitely not Hardware, which I loved. This movie actually popped up in my recommendations after watching Hardware on Netflix a few years back.

>>i make this thread weekly

kys son. cyberpunk died in the 90s.
there are no "deeper cuts". everything is known and was discussed to death by 1998. ITS OVER. even Bill Gibson said so.
kys.

>>hes never seen A Boy And His Dog

wat are you.. twelve??

y u are doin dis

Nope you are thinking of "Fortress"

JWIFFS

what is this

Translation:
>There's too much talking in these movies and not enough gunfights and explosions!

Guess the movie

Ghost in the Taco Bell

abadar

Girth in Her Shell

whats that?

Horrible pretentious piece of shit. But I guess that's pretty much what cyberpunk is.

>psychosexual deviants
>dystopian

TAKE THAT BACK!

Good for a giggle

Natural City
there you go an underdog cyberpunk