Early 2000's movies that were a product of their time

Early 2000's movies that were a product of their time.

How would a modern day remake look like?

from a shitty movie about rice rockets to a shitty movie about nuclear missiles and saving the world.

Shrek

Even when this was released phone booths were a big stretch. Always surprised this didn't become a direct to DVD series.

I watched the latest one of these in the cinema last week, i have seen NO films of this series prior to this

Despite this, I am 10000% sure the film just started off as cars cars cars then evolved into what it is now

>direct to DVD series.
Huh? Did you really expect there to be multiple movies where people were held up in phonebooths?

Yep, he did it more than once in the film and he did get always in the end,

the idea of a phone booth was created for this movie and they never actually existed.

the concept of putting a quarter into a machine and being able to use a house phone in the middle of the street without a telephone plug is stupid.

>Tfw you get kicked out of one of the most succesful franchises of all time and no one gives a fuck .

She had a baby like frfr, I don't think she wanted to do it anymore. Also it wasn't for no reason, her only reason was to be the love interest to Brian who's actor died so they would have to explain what happened to Brian if she suddenly appeared.

>Yep, he did it more than once in the film
And? That doesn't mean it would be worth making multiple movies with the same, exact premise, but with different locations and characters.

Are you not familiar with direct to video movies?

YuroPoor here, I used phone booths until mid 2002

nah man, 2fast2furious is more of a product of the early 2000s

>cuh

Yes, and they're usually for children's films, fan films, instructional videos, or documentaries. They used to be fairly popular in the early 90s, but no longer, not even in 2003.

there are weirder franchises out there

>white male - black male
what did they mean by this?

i miss this bromovie with brian broconnor and broman pierce doing bro things and speaking funny language

EJACTO SEATO CUZ

all of them?

Best of the American Pie style comedies.

>the screenplay for Phone Booth was started in the sixties

I stand correct, not even thinking of all the Asylum films. Still, if the makers thought they couldn't actually do anything with a sequel to justify its creation, which I would expect, then that would explain while they wouldn't make one, much less a series.

I could easily see Phone Booth being in an episode of The Twilight Zone or Alfred Hitchcock Presents.

The concept was pitched in the 60s, but they didn't actually work on it until the 90s.

I watch the first one at the local cinematheque and have since steered clear of the franchise. What an absolute shit movie.