What was the worst time for films and why was it 2009-2012?

What was the worst time for films and why was it 2009-2012?

>that forced post-Avatar 3D craze that no one liked
>Those shitty Hobbit movies
>Transformers movies kept getting made
>tons of billion dollar box office movies like Pirates 4 and that Alice in Wonderland that came and went with no cultural impact
>Marvel solidifies itself as the biggest money making machine ever with The Avengers being successful, ruining movie franchises forever

Seriously this was a shitty time, admit it.

uh district 9 you little herb

That movie sucked, Blomkamp showed what a hack he is with his two later disasters.

1950s

the sherlock holmes movies were pretty neat

Given the reasons you hated 2009-2012 you should probably change it to 2009-current.

>3D movies still coming out and a new Avatar
>Warners is rumored to be making a multi film adaptation of the Simarillion
>more Transformers movies and now they are merging them into a cinematic universe with G.I. Joe
>Pirates 5 is coming out this year and Disney is making live action adaptations of all their classic movies with spinoffs for characters like Genie
>Marvel is still going

I guess you could say 2009-2012 was when the shittyness took hold, we as a culture could have rejected the shit they were giving us but we gave them our money instead now we're where we are now.

>>Warners is rumored to be making a multi film adaptation of the Simarillion
Fuck off, you cunt. They don't have the rights.

>2011
Woah all this social media is so awesome and cool! Check out how hipster I am with my new fixed gear!
>2012
4 more years! Obama did so many great things, fixed the economy, killed osama bin laden, and he took out evil dictators like Ghaddafi! Literally up hill from here guys
>2013
Hmmm civil wars in the Middle East? I-isis? What's up with all these news articles about white privilege and feminism?
>2014
Everything is fine! Sup Forums are just a bunch of wackos nothing they say really comes true
>2015
>2016
>2017
Memes

They reached an agreement with the Tolkien Trust. They're doing a multi-film adaptation of The Silmarillion and a bio pic about Tolkien himself. Also rumors of a TV series to be on Showtime.

I don't believe you.

>2017
the memes become real

Fuck you, the Hobbit was comfy

total bullshit

>endless totally garbage horror movies
>half of them are only remembered because they were particularly stupid, or on TV in other movies decades later

Why is a black chick Instagramming a Japanese woman breastfeeding twins?

Why wouldn't she? Are you some kind of bigot?

What was the best time for movies?

1982-early 2000s

>not the 60s Europe - 70s America

???

>2009-2012
>shitty Hobbit movies
>literally only 1 released in that window and only in the final 2 weeks of that span

Great, in-depth focus you have to start your thread.

The majority of films pre-1980 have extremely slow pacing that makes them boring.

>Woah all this social media is so awesome and cool!
Huh? All my classmates had Big Brother devices long before that.

What a gen y thing to say. I was born in 1990 and the shit I grew up with, though enjoyable as a youngster, is not all top-notch. Seems to me that trends lead into other trends, with only a couple of gems here and there. 90s were an extension of the blockbusters of the 80s, which were in turn caused by certain movies becoming big in the 70s. The 2000s saw a transition into more modern shit, and 9/11 did change certain tones, but overall it's all the same thing. The 2010s are basically the 80s movie-wise, only instead of Manly Action Movies you have things be more realistic in certain aspects, and movie companies trying to make money in factors of whatever the 80s made.

All the things you loved as a child are shit to someone older than you, and you yourself are starting to notice. This is fine though because it's not aimed at you. I feel the same way about current music and cannot stand top 40 when I used to play the radio nonstop before 2007.