So

So....

DRUMPOGFTTHERDBDBTRUMEUTRUERU

BLONALD K SLUMP

frumpppfffffffffffffffffttttttttttttt

*feces is visible on floor*

I like Colbert the most out of all the current late night show hosts.

>these threads

HRUNALD FLIMPH

BRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPP

KWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMFFFFFFFFFF

FLUFFITY KLACKKITY SURPLUS FORREST GUMP

YOU

DON'T

Why are Sup Forums memes so fucking retarded? Are you just a bunch of brainlets?

OWN

GUALGNF WOMFGALET

NOTHIN'

NOTHING

On a more serious note, the subject of john Oliver came up when a colleague (fellow psychologist) and I were discussing politics a few months ago. Although we were both in agreement regarding the general shitlib inanity of the HBO show, my friend was surprised when I explained that the real insidiousness of it is its unmistakably hypnotic structure and pacing.

I ended up pulling up an episode or two off of youtube to show her what I meant. All of the segments I've ever seen from this show follow the same repetitive format: present some "argumentation" and "facts" for about 10 seconds, then quickly follow these up with a snarky quip (which themselves overwhelmingly take the form of complete non-sequitur or otherwise absurd metaphor) before any rational processing of the preceding argument can take place in the mind of the viewer. Further telling is that the only 'beats' or mental pauses in the show's pacing exist solely to highlight the approving laughter or applause of the studio audience. Repeat this basic formula without variation 20-40 times in a row and you have one of the 12-20 minute 'segments' that form the backbone of the show.

The end effect is (obviously) not to deliver information, but rather to literally teach the viewers -- on a subconscious level -- to mentally associate derisive laughter with any person or opinion that is at odds with the narrative's take on the chosen issue. And it accomplishes this by maintaining a strict adherence to a roughly 20-second cycle in which a stimulus is presented, and a response is cued. This is the sense in which the show is fundamentally hypnotic in effect -- even moreso than its precursors in the genre (Daily Show, Colbert, etc).

1/2

I miss Jon Jew Stewart

To my mind, Oliver's show is representative of the media's increasing mastery of the methodologies of mass conditioning; in fact it is almost such a perfect technical accomplishment that I would almost have to admire it on technical grounds, if only it weren't so troubling a development, which moreover is in the hands of the entirely wrong people.

2/2

>'Imma tel yo ass y whitey haz only been sucsful offa da baks o da blak mans'.
>ok please take my show.

HAHHAHAHAH DURUMBUFFF *SHARTS ON FLOOR* HAHAA

quality pasta

GIVE ME MY CHILDREN BACK
YOU WICKED WICKED DEVIL

Hey kids! Remember me im orginal DRUMPF man... pls watch my show.

RUUMMPHHHH SLUUURRRPPP

Loving every laugh

SLUUUUUUUUUUUMPFFFFF~

>Colbert
>makes his living off mocking working class americans
>constantly angry over 'donald drumpf'

>Jones
>makes his living as a humble water filter salesman
>has to fight an evil succubus and the government just to see his children
>has to resist the globalists and their agenda basically on his own
>still manages to remain calm and cool

Jone's comes off as much more of a likable everyman/hero, while colbert is turning, ironically, into some kind of hunger games supervillian.

AYYYLPFFF

Quick question Sup Forums: Is it possible to become such a repetitive hack, only knowing one note (DUMPFT), that the entire legitimacy of your 10+ year career comes into question?

Have you ever noticed Colbert talks about Trump a lot?

Good shit

>turning, ironically, into some kind of hunger games supervillian.

He turned into that a while ago. I laughed when he got in make-up to act like the Hunger Games media host to mock the RNC, while being completely unaware the character fits himself better than anyone on the right.

THE ORANGE ONE WILL FALL TO MY COMEDIC MIGHT
DENJEN F. DDDTTTRRREEEPPPPTTTT

Are you asking for a friend, Stephen?

...yes.

DOZAL THUMP

*AUDIENCE APPLAUDS*

PUMPPPPPPP

BLUH

[Unintelligible]

SHIMALAIMA FLORT

DRENT
RUMP
DEENF
FUNT
PLUNTTTTTTTT

10/10

POMP

its over Drumpfkins

I BLAME YOU
LEANORD DREMT
YOU MADE ME INTO THIS
LLLLLUUUUMMMMPPPPP

my sides

so... CHANGE MY DIAPER FRONRIEEEEE

>a studio audience is quietly muttering to themselves and each other, excited for a fairly exciting night of light humor and entertainment
>all of a sudden, a low hum is heard
>drrrrrr
>the audience quiets their already hushed tones, turning attention to the stage
>the hum slowly grows louder, clearly it is Colbert's voice making this rumble
>RrrrrRrrr
>one member claps, then another, soon the entire audience is clapping, but the drone of the hum has started to make the speakers shake
>RRRRUUUUMPFPFPFPF
>Colbert arrives, fists shaking, mouth open
>the audience explodes in claughter
>suddenly, Colbert brings his hands down to his sides and becomes silent
>the audience is confused, their laughter has become a somber silence. Is Stephen okay?
>turning 180 degrees, Colbert bends over and spreads his ass cheeks with his hands
>BRRRRR
>the audience understands
>RRRRRR
>This is the moment they have been waiting for
>UUUMPFPFPFTPFPTPFPFPFPT
>a sticky, sickly smelling brown ooze begins to form in the seat of Colbert's pants
>BRRAAAPTFTFTF
>suddenly, the seat of Colbert's pants rips at the seams
>a spray of unstoppable liquid begins to alarmingly fill the studio
>the audience is in a complete uproar, unable to contain their laughter any longer
>men begin to bash their wives with anything not bolted down
>women de-robe and begin masturbating with the liquid
>Colbert continues
>PPPPFTPTPPTPTFPTPFURPTPFOTURPP
>a stage hand prepares Mr. Colbert's SCUBA tank
>the front row of the audience has become engulfed by the liquid, unable to choke back both their laughter, and the liquid
>slowly they become submerged, unable to hold back from what Colbert has delivered unto them
>audience members in the back have become jealous, for the smell is no longer enough
>they must join in the ritual
>a wave of people pushes forward into the submerged stage, unable to control their laughter
>Ppppfffftf
>ffft.
>poot
>ppfrrrump

DOMPFY GOMPF BUMPF BUMPF GRRRRUMPF

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

JC Colbert

>a stage hand prepares Mr. Colbert's SCUBA tank

Reddit is now pretending that this meme is actually somehow pro-Colbert. Don't let them change the narrative. This is an ANTI-Colbert meme. We're showing how much of a joke he is. Remember that and post safely. Praise kek