Daily reminder that methadone will save your junkie friends lives

Daily reminder that methadone will save your junkie friends lives.
alot of you are angry mental midgets, so you probably will say "let them die" but some of u are probably chill and want to help ppl. At least now you know what to do.
Ive seen it save so many ppl who i was sure were gonna die. Ive also seen a bunch of ppl who werent on it die.
Its up to you gents....

Other urls found in this thread:

drugpolicy.org/docUploads/meth347.pdf
youtu.be/4W-KTFpHRs4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>getting addicted to a different drug is an improvement
why not just stick them in a prison and stop people bringing them in drugs

>enabling junkies
i think not

>implying Sup Forums has any compassion for addicts, even if they're white
>unless they're alcoholics, then we have a little self-pitying circlejerk

Inb4 the "pole is not one person" meem

I don't have junkie friends. Not ones on heroin, anyway. Anti-depressants are another matter.

>prolonging someone's suffering is compassion

>But it's okay if their suffering is related to "muh culchur" (I.e.: alcoholism)

Don't deny this either, I've seen plenty of bongposters imply that binge drinking is pivotal to anglo culture

what do you think methadone clinics are for, dumbass?

While it's certainly better to be addicted to methadone than other shit, why not just give them nothing so they aren't addicted to anything?

Oh boy don't even start that shit. You aren't considered a russian to begin with if you don't drink, and guess what? I'm allergic to alcohol.

kek, oi vey! Jew ID.

Oy vey Morty

You don't get the DT's after a binge drink.

Where would the government departments responsible for distributing methadone get their money from if people realised stopping the addiction is both quicker and less expensive? :^)

Yes, you are right. Denying a person access to methadone is lack of compassion.
Also, methadone increases your iq.
-in case you can read-
Check out page 11 paragraph 3-4
drugpolicy.org/docUploads/meth347.pdf
"The first 155 patients to receive methadone doses of 79 mg/d to 100 mg/d tested within the normal range of intellectual functioning (54). There was an absence of patients in the lowest range of IQs. Follow-up testing of 30 patients a decade later showed the following results: 25 scored higher than their original tests, one scored the same, and four showed modest declines within the normal range of scores.
Therefore, the major conclusion of studies concerning the functional potential of methadone patients is that they can perform any job for • which they are qualified. Alcohol and depres- sants are more likely to be a source of problems
for persons who drive or work around machinery than is methadone when used as a maintenance medication."

Hey now we gave you reagan and Pence.

kek

I don't suffer, nor go to a clinic. If you make yourself reasonably human and are close with a doctor, they will make up something to keep you from having to go to a clinic.
I function well on it, don't care what people think, people don't know other than the pharmacist who is cool as shit.

>oh ur addicted to X?
>here get addicted to Y instead

Brilliant.

Binge drinking still leads to an alcohol dependency, dont shift the goalposts Perfidious Albion

Fuck them and fuck you

methadone makes you a fat sugar-craving lazy piece of shit with no emotions and a government-sanctioned chemical dependency that is 100x worse than the initial addiction.

t. Former MMT Patient

This is nonsense. Methadone is even more addictive than heroin. It's just the pharmaceutical companies' way of making money off of otherwise inexpensive opiate addictions.

>getting someone hooked on something that isn't quite as bad as heroin is compassion

>alcohol is as addictive as heroin

As a pharmacy tech for 6 years, I can tell you that methadone is usually more addictive than whatever drug someone was using before, and in all those years I've seen 2 people actually come off methadone (but get morphine/codeine/tramadol instead). It's pretty fucking rare for someone to successfully come off of it. So really, you're just replacing one addiction for another, only this time it's tax funded.

Fuck that, I knew plenty of people who went to rehab so they'd be able to get methadone. USA should just legalize heroin.

These posts are not false

>t. lived with someone on MMT

Medically, it is. Alcohol withdrawals are almost more lethal as opiate withdrawals. Memetexting doesn't change that fact.

>le sheltered australian face

No it's not, it's about stopping people get heart and other related organ infections. Injecting street heroin for junkies is not like some clean doctors.
Alot of people stop because they're broke then jump back on it and overdose because their tolerance dropped so much.

Well there is a heap of issues but methadone and subutex is a life saver for many people, look at america right now with it's extremely bad heroin problem, came right from feds cracking down on pain doctors etc, pills became too expensive so everyone swiched to dope.

>methadone
isn't there a new treatment?

like medical marijuana or some other compound? I swear I saw it on the news the other dau

Some of u are chill ppl. Don't go to the methadone clinic tonight

Methadone is horrible but it is still preferable to the alternative.

>Jew trips
checkd

>methadone will save your junkie friends lives
Not if their problem is weed, tobacco and alcohol.

Oh and prescription amphetamines and caffeine.

>Medically, it is
No it isn't, you need to be drinking large amounts regularly for months before you'll get withdrawal symptoms from alcohol.

>look at america right now with it's extremely bad heroin problem
>the solution is a new state funded addiction problem

Buprenorphine is the only other approved opioid replacement drug in the US

The area surrounding methadone clinics look like Walking Dead episodes.

It's really easy to not be a shitbag, worthless heroin addict...you just never try heroin.

And no, most heroin addicts were not hard working people who got injured on the job and then got hooked on opioid pain killers. Most of them were shitbags their entire lives.

Also this.

Mate if you lived on this rainy island, surrounded by English women, an ever present big brother government that takes 20% of your income at MINIMUM and hordes of Muslim invaders who rape your children whilst living on that 20% that was stolen from you, you'd need a few stiff drinks at the end of the day too.

Thanks for proving my initial point though

>pole will defend addiction if its alcoholism

:^)

Yeah but we're >60% so why would you need to be a "boozer" if you're still 90% white :^)

Our government taxes minimum wage earners at like 30%, by the way

I've worked in methadone replacement in the past and a lot of people are asking for suboxone now which is essentially Subutex and Naloxone. So basically it kills the cravings but will do very little if you try to shoot it/take more than you are prescribed. It's safer than Methadone in a lot of ways because people can overdose on methadone relatively easily, especially when they are using gear and vallies on top of it (i.e. most of them) however most heroin addicts spend their days at least slightly sedated/fucked up so the clear headed sobriety is a shock to the system and a lot of them relapse because they are forced to confront their problems with a clear mind. Therefore suboxone is usually only prescribed after an individual has had some form of CBT or has sorted out the socioeconomic/relationship problems that triggered drug use whilst stable on methadone, proving they are not using illicit substances by handing in regular clean samples.

more like a few stiff needles
heh

Sup Forums medical experts, on the case :^)

Who would have thought getting unaddicted to heroin is this easy? I had no idea until now, thnkyou Sup Forums

Only needles I use are for injecting roids m8

Anyone who gets addicted to heroin in the first place should just be given a free lethal dose and nothing else

>Thanks for proving my initial point though
>thinks drinking at the weekend is a daily activity

>Who would have thought getting unaddicted to heroin is this easy?
To get rid of a heroin addiction the person needs to stop taking heroin for some time.
Addicts don't want to stop taking heroin.
Solution: Stop the person from being able to take heroin (by putting them in a prison and stopping people bringing things into the prison).

>mfw he thinks it's complicated because politicians can't talk about it out loud

They will,

but this is because we're skeptical of walking from old ways. In this world you just don't know what is good or bad.

I grew up in Frankston in Australia.

No word of a lie. The junkies would go in to the hospital or pharmacy get their methadone, go outside, puke it back up and sell it to other junkies.
It's even got a street name.

They say you can't beat the system but the truth is the system can't beat people.

> Shit grammar

Do you have autism?

youtu.be/4W-KTFpHRs4

The only thing that can save drug users is death.
And in fact, we already got an Historical precedent, Mao.
>pre-Mao, druggies everywhere
>post-Mao, no drug whatsoever
He did not fuck around. You are anywhere close to or related to an opium den ? Death.

The drug epidemic of China was over in one month.

Bupes good for a gradual comedown from harder stuff

Opiate DTs are never fatal. Alochol/benzo DTs can be.
It's the worst hell imaginable, but not fatal coming off opiates.

The hardest lessons learned are remembered the longest. Let them suffer till they are clean.

That will probably kill them in horrible pain. (not like it's a bad thing)

>paying for someone's drugs from taxpayer's money
it isn't your money, faggot. the government should just fuck off, so they could take their drugs in peace, pay a few dollars instead of few hundred for a dose, without a risk of prison or any contact with organized crime. this would save your junkie friends lives.

>junkie friends
implying

That must be worth disability checks in Russia

methadone is an objectively inferior drug for ORT. the only thing it has going for it is a long half life

buprenorphine is much better for most people

i've currently got a 3mg/day habit of fentanyl

i'm in pain 70% of my waking hours from withdrawal. luckily 3mg is manageable and i don't go insane if i cant get it. i'm currently in withdrawal and watching movies. i'll try to go to sleep in an hour or so.

>That will probably kill them in horrible pain. (not like it's a bad thing)
No, it would just be horrible for a month, which they probably wouldn't even remember after the fact.

I work in the field of addiction, and MMT is good for people who are die-hard addicts. It reduces the OD chance by 50%, and allows them to lead semi-functional or highly functional lives. However, it is, next to benzos, the worst drug to detox from. I've seen people in full-blown WD's for several weeks off methadone, puking and shitting their brains out. It seeps into their skeletal structure and has to work its way out. I've heard it described by some patients as feeling like every bone in their body is being broken simultaneously.

It's fucked up. Bupe is pretty cool, but also a huge shitfest to get off of.

Can confirm benzo detox fucking blows heroin out of the water

Heroin is extremely painful and physically uncomfortable for a couple weeks, benzo detox ruins your mind for months. And the PAWs drag on for years.

yeah, but are these people worth saving? Once you are a junkie there is no way you can contribute to society. It's mean, but seriously.

user,3 mg of fent is over 10,000 times the LD 50. it's dosed in micrograms, through patches.
3mg would kill you 1,000 times over in a day.

Why lie to sound cool?

I also have worked in addictions, I posted earlier but I was ignored for some reason. I've had service users that had PAWS from benzos that were pretty much equivalent to alcohol withdrawal for over a year. Every single benzo/heroin addict I've met says that benzo withdrawal blows any other withdrawal out the water. Really nasty stuff.

>Heroin is extremely painful and physically uncomfortable for a couple weeks, benzo detox ruins your mind for months. And the PAWs drag on for years.
am detoxing from xanax and m-done as I type. if king nigger hadn't cut my insurance, at this point would just go to hospital.
the jews are going to be carrying my bdy out in next 48 hours. honestly have stopped caring. thank you, nyc new prescription laws.

Unfortunately this.

Unless they beat it by mind over matter, there's little hope for them.

Also this.

Now they we have junkie friends.

SCATTER!

you have no idea how opiates work

fentanyl only lasts about 6 hours, i generally take 3 1mg doses.

see pic related? my tolerance is not even that high, and I can extract the fentanyl out of a quarter of a patch, and have it in a single dosage. that's more than 2mg in a single dose.

my friend/supplier extracts a whole patch when he has his dose. that's more than 10mg. and yes, the extraction is very efficient.

you're a fuckin idiot and should stop talking. you don't understand the concept of opiate tolerance

What does this have to do with politics?

I'm 5 months clean from heroin. I litteraly rented a motel room and got
>40 2 mg Xanax
>10 300 mg gabapentin
>magnesium
>leporimide
>a carton of smokes
>a fuck ton of water
>a fuck ton of tamati soup
I stayed for a week while the worst of the detox passed. Day 3 and 4 were the worst but they were manageable. The acute faze lasted for 5 days or so and I had post acute symptoms for about a month. It really wasn't even that bad. Just stop shooting heroin

I dont hang out with degenerates senpai. If someone is a drug addict, I cut them outa my life. Its a little less messy that way.

>having junkie friends
Shiggy. It's the heroin or the friendship. Pick one.

I don't think people can't stop using heroin because of the withdrawal symptoms. they just miss the high

this is a newsboard summer

Sup Forums - ex-heroin addicts

Used to be a big ass pain addict.

Coming off was a bitch but I just went cold turkey. 1-5 days is absolute hell but it gets better after that.

I thought people who said that "It gets better" were just memeing.

It's literally 5 days of hell in exchange for your life back. It's pretty empowering being free from the pharmaceutical Jew. (It is a bit rough for a few weeks after but that's mainly psychological.)

1 year clean and I've never felt better.

DON'T go cold turkey if you're a benzo addict though. It can kill/give you seizures if not done right.

That's true but at one point during an honest heroin addiction you either need to make the choice to stop or accept your Fate and die. I miss the high alot, but there is to much left for me to do in this world to go out like that. I found a friend of mine dead from an OD a few weeks before I stopped. I've lost alot of people to dope but seeing someone a hrew up with dead in a fucking pool of vomit woke me up. I did this for me and him. I'll never see him again bit at least I can try to live a normal life now and hopefully he can rest.

I'm from Massachusetts and heroin is everywhere here. Eberyone has been effected by it in someway. It's sad really.

We're all proud of you, brother.

Unless you're extremely sheltered it's hard to get through your life in Scotland without meeting someone who's on the stuff.

so do these people what?
get a script for methadone or do they go three times a day to a goveremnet office. how does this work?

my brother weaned himself off methadone, but then he went back to other opiates that got him there in the first place. opiate addicts are addicted to opiates. methadone just keeps them out of trouble and on an even keel. people can lead very successful lives on methadone.

when my brother came off methadone, he lost everything.

you are very inefficent at extracting it then, and wasting over 90%. people with long term H/diludad jabits die from that amount. It would stop your respiration to take a full MG in one dose, don't care about tolerance.
like thejidiots who snort benzos. If you understood how it's absorbed, you wouldn't lose 90% of it if you just took it transdermally.
typical dabbler retard pissng away money and thn when you do od, your family will be crying and trying to get banned for everyone.

the only way to make a patch more efficent and not lose it all is to out a hair dryer/heating bottle over patch, which speeds up the absorption. transdermally.
any other way, you are losing it and pissing away shekels.

hang in there user.

I detoxed off 70mg of Ambien a day, 60mg of temazepam and 4mg of Alprazolam, and yes, can confirm benzos are a raging bitchmonster. All were legally prescribed by one doctor, took about 10 years, 2 rehabs, and a dozen short mental hospitalizations and brief blush with alcoholism to kick fully.

>alot of you are angry mental midgets,
Who the fuck let you out of your cuck cage, tokiko?
I'm going to have to make some calls now in order to fix this.
Very disappointed in your handler right now.