Brit risk

Brit risk

no meme shit names.

must add at least a sentence of RP when you roll

OP post is Ireland; if even, expand by 2 Ts. Odd is no gain.

Mercia

actually can i change to wales?

sure. we go when we get 2 more

ireland

ok sounds good

heres my name if you let me play

omg so original

i said no meme shit

OP is ireland, pick another kingdom

joking

ill be this then

Never played this before but it looks fun and finally got in early.

Gimme Northumbria OP, I wanna make York great again.

Wait do I put my region as my name for OP's convenience?

I don't know if this thing is still alive.

OP wouldn't do that to us.

He said two more. What have we got

Ireland : OP
Wales: Croatian Ig
Mercia: You
Northumbria: Me

That should be enough right OP?

Rollin'

Can someone quickly go over the rules?

I roll and say which direction I want my empire to expand?

I think I pissed him off by not taking the game seriously when I first got here.

"Must have a sentence of RP when you roll."

Sorry dude.

The men of Northumbria are rolling towards London with their horses and cannon and pikemen and drums and banners and scotch eggs and shiny helmets. Give me Nottingham OP. Northumbria demands it.

>RP
????

its been 20 minutes. I'm going to leave this one. Have a great day lads.

OP I rolled 3 which means 1 tile which gets me Nottingham right?

Update your picture of the British Isles appropriately please.

Role play.

As in: "I, Sir wYNPfvRR of Wessex do declare the kingdom of Mercia our rightful clay and do impose our will by force... Gimme the yellow tiles OP."

That sort of thing. But it looks like OP has thrown a tantrum and run crying back to /tg/.

can someone host this one?

I would but I've never even played before and my PC is slow as hell. I'm up for a game though.

saved, ill start one tomorrow if interested

hey

sorry, lady problems

imma read bread and will start in 2min

Essex

OK lads, roll to this post. just one sentence mandatory, but feel free to expand and expound.

why not today aussbro

March my Army into Rochester and send the cavalry into East Anglia

TAKE NOTE

this is perfectly acceptable RP

i get up early, need some sleep now

d-did everyone leave?

man, that bitch is taking everything from me :[

it's pretty shameful that I know very little about British history pre 1900 apart from famous events, and I'm British.

YES we're back on?

The armies of Northumbria take Nottingham. Looting and pillaging ensues.

The Norman armies invaded in 1066 so in 800 Britain was still just Anglo-Saxon and Viking.

I'll throw up pics of badass guys from roughly that era with my posts because I'm good like that.

i have some pretty good historical risk maps.

The kingdoms sit quietly, content to accrue wealth and population. The Isles have known peace and stability for many generations, but that is soon to change...

In the East, the king of Essex has raised an army and begins a campaign to secure the lands of his neighbors.

Meanwhile, the Northumbrians stream south into Mercia and surround the City of Nottingham [meta: gotta border to take, m8].

In the West, the barbarous Irish begin building outriggers and make plans to take the North.

It seems war has come to the Islands.

Because we are so light on factions i am going to roll as Eire.

I will hand it off if a roller shows up that wants it.

The Irish pagans sail North towards Dal Riata. The are virgins to sully and crops to burn...

YAAAASSS! Nothing personal Mercia.

South we go, surrounding the city of Nottingham and attempting to take the sherriff alive if possible, dead if needs be.

Pic related is feeling troubled. His days of contentment are at an end.

Yeah I know about William the Conqueror, French and British wars.

I moved here and I'm not seen as Australian but English, and when I move back to England I bet I'll be seen as more Australian than English.

Assert my Influence In East Anglia by claiming all east Anglian Borders, Order my scouts to secure that large swath of land in Mercia Bordering Colchester, London and Thetford.

Mercia is collapsing under the full weight of the Northumbrian Invasion. Only Nottingham remains under direct control of the Sheriff.

And so it goes in East Anglia. The armies of Essex have swept through their defenses and the countryside burns.

The Irish have landed in Dal Riata, but their gains are minimal.

Order my scouts to secure that large swath of land in Mercia Bordering Elmham. and take the last peice of East Anglian land.

If I am fortunate enough to secure these lands without too many casualties, send the remainder of my men to capture a piece of Wessex that surrounds the city of Winchester.

The Irish pivot after being repulsed by the Dal Riatans and push towards Strathclyde. They send the heads of peasants to the Kings of Northumbria and Essex. The eyes are gouged out and stones forced into the sockets.

counted

attack northumbria

This is your mulligan. just do one sentence. it isnt that hard.

counted

Begin construction of the rams. Lay siege to Nottingham. Nobody goes in or out. We'll measure how much they want their city by how quickly they submit to hunger and surrender.

What armies we can spare, send South-East to take control of the isolated Mercians and levy a tax on their wealth.

You're fucking dead mate.

I declare upon Lord A1w/EA3N of Essex a mutual alliance for the benefit of both kingdoms. I shall relinquish any claims upon Sussex thereby granting no contention as a show of grace; hold at bay Northumbria, you need not fear expansion from myself.

To which end I set my focus upon Mercia, my first act of aggression is moving a contingent of my forces from Wiltshire to secure Greater Gloucester.

Oh dude this is sick

Let me Join
>Ireland
Use my roll to invade Dal Riata

Can i join

Francia

Nottingham falls. The Sheriff is beheaded in the town square as the banner of Northumbria is raised over Mercia. Onlty outlaws and broken men from the Mercian ranks remain in the South.

...but even as feasts are laid to celebrate the investiture of Nottingham, Welsh forces with their terrifying Brithonic archers stream into western Northumbria.

The armies of Essex reach for much, but hold little. They split their forces to take East Anglia and Mercia, but a war on two fronts is rarely successful.

The Irish invest the western regions of Strathclyde and put all to the sword.

ok. gotta link to the Mupdate and add at least one sentence of Role Play to be counted.

sure boo. read above. follow the rules.

EVERYONE GETS ONE MULLIGAN THAN YOUR SHIT WONT BE COUNTED.

It seems my soldiers in East Anglia need to be more violent if they are to take all of East Anglia.

So I say to them, take the last part of East Anglia spare no one.

Take a city if luck permits

Seige Fort William, make Ireland great again!

Up the IRA

Take hold of Canterbury

dub 8's, give me my clay, sire.

It's time for the france army to take what's theirs, invade Sussex.

>This board is for the discussion of news, world events, political issues, and other related topics.

Why are there always one or two of these fucking boardgame threads on the catalog EVERY DAY?

These threads contribute nothing to any discussion.

A Message from The Wolf of Essex:

It is an interesting proposal, which offers a promising stratagem.

I accept.

K. remember, you can attack Ts, or take Cities. Mutually exclusive.

Try and be as historical as possible. Do you mean Alculy?

sorry, did not see. added

MAKE SURE TO LINK BECAUSE IM A RETARDED

If you get skipped, tell me, if you dont like where i put your spills, chalk it up to the confusion of battle. ditto for all errors and infelicities excepting uncounted rolls

If you do not link or RP, you will not be counted.

>This board is for the discussion of news, world events, political issues, and other related topics.

Pffft Yeah you just. keep believing that.

no i meant like

just invade the blue area

i dont know irish history, i only know about st patrick

Nice one lad.

I wasn't bothered about that bit to the SE anyway. Just glad that poxy sheriff got sorted.

NOW

Secure fortifications along the western borders of the lands we hold. Garrison cavalry at every post. The best veterans of the Mercian campaign are to continue through Mercia taking all Mercian land until they are in the heart of Welsh territory. South-West, then North-West towards Bangor.

Slaughter all men and sheep you find and do with the rest as you will.

Pic is me.

>K. remember, you can attack Ts, or take Cities. Mutually exclusive.

Ok so it's one or the other not both.

sorry op

i know what you meant, but i was playing as Ireland and 9d into Strathclyde before you showed up. you dont need to know history to look at the map and read it.

Nice tips m8.

Mercia has been consigned to the rubbish heap of history.

Northumbria marches into Wales, creating a salient that cuts off the forward elements of the Welsh army. the Welsh make no response.

Even as Essex takes over administration of Canterbury, ships come out the East and stream into the former territories of Sussex.

And in the south, the might of Wessex, already one of the largest kingdoms, marches north into the left flank of the Northumbrian advance.

The Irish seize Alculy from the Strathclydians. They have come to the Isle for spoil, but have found a hornets nest.

First roller to link this time gets +1 T or +1 added to the roll if they are sieging a city. Good luck, and may Kek be ever in your favor.

Hey OP do you have space?

Now that the territory of Greater Gloucester has been secured by the contingent, I move the remainder of my forces with siege craft in tow up along the severn towards the city of Gloucester. We expect the it to fall to us within the week.

Men make haste and Take Back Kent

Seige those scotch bastard's castle in Dunadd

fucking closet English

Also I fixed the map by removing the disgusting antialiasing stuff around the text, so now you can use the fill tool without it being a cunt

Isle of Man into Strathclyde

yes. Sussex, Kent, Man, Strathclyde (no city so this is not a good choice), Picts, and Dal Riata

gotta link bro. no daisy chain. you already burned your mulligan, so roll next turn. you can bitch if you want to. i wont judge you.

Thanks! will save and use next time. sorry for the uggo map, but imma keep going with what i have. sincerely, thank you.

fuck i made an error with the white bits

Fair enough, I'm off to wage slave in 4 minutes so I'll let my 'heir' inherit Wessex.

It's up for grabs.

So this is Britain, what a beautiful land, worthy of the french.

Man it seems the Essex don't want us here showed them how we do it back home, destroy them.

aww man. have a good day. riskclan is light. riskclan is love.

I love government jobs, you can shit about on Sup Forums whilst doing them :)

Whoa there Wessex. Seems our armies have clashed, and over nothing but the worthless dung heap of southern Mercia.

How about we forge an alliance? I propose a ceasefire followed by an immediate joint attack on the dangerously unpredictable Welsh who attacked me UNPROVOKED and marched on ancient Northumbrian lands!

If you agree I will overlook the trespassing of your amies on my newly acquired Mercian land, and cede that land to you. In exchange, you advance only on Wales. I will do the same and when they're gone, we divide their sorry excuse for a kingdom between us.

We must drive out the Welsh from our lands to the West. send them back to Wales with monstrous scars and stories of Yorkish monsters! Death to Wales and all of her vile minions!

ok soz heres the actual fixed version

save this file instead the other one was a fuck up

Careful, there was a guy on Sup Forums yesterday saying he'd just been fired for being on Sup Forums at work. His boss had heard of us.

Anyway, if you're inhereiting Wessex, see my proposal .

A retaliation was the only outcome since you invaded Kent. However all will be forgiven if you Withdraw from My lands completely, I would offer you a NAP?

My boss is never in the office, and he literally doesn't give a shit. Too busy fucking the system

You must delusional, do you actually think you can threaten me, HA don't make me laugh.

>First roller to link this time gets +1 T
First

I am simply seeking a peaceful solution no threat was intended, You have room to expand in Wessex and Sussex if a NAP with me is honoured?

The Welsh, after initial gains, fall repeatedly to the Northumbrians. The Northrons conquest carries them to the Irish Sea.

The Irish push slowly into Dal Riata. The fighting in the North is hard and costly, which is why they have remained largely at peace for this war. [meta:Eirebro, gotta border a city to take it].

Wessex, on the cusp of greatness, loses its king to tainted stores in their conquered Mercian territories. his young son ascends, but with no council support he is powerless and the kingdom languishes.

What can be written of the Southern War? The Essexian cavalry knows no rival, but Frankish crossbows are devastating. Essex reclaims Sussex, but only to be thrown back. Thousands lay dead and dying, and nothing changes hands.

First roller on this mup'd gets a -1 to there rolled number [OP gives and takes bitches]

Remember, you can roll for Ts OR roll for City, not both.

Bonuses will be given at my discretion based on amount of RP.

kekekekekek

cmon bitches someone's gotta heave ho out the trench and charge the Germans...

Isle of Man give no fucks, march on towards the Picts, we'll take the -1!

My men in Canterbury fight with the sea to our Backs. I hope they can resist the Frank invasion.

Launce a Counter attack in Kent taking back what was once ours, then sail and land on the French Coast.

and you were rewarded for your bravery! nice roll

YESSS! A siege on Bangor! Hold them in place but do not enter. First, retake our conquered lands from Wessex. All lands to the south return to York. All that was Mercian shall be ours!

The Wessex king has fled, leaving nobody to sustain their kingdom. What say you and I divide their kingdom? Anything that touches the south coast is yours.

Leave Wales and her borderlands to me.

waiting on Eirebro. +/-5min then we move...

What Horror has this war brought me, but this will not make me hesitate, defend against don't attack them,

honourable king of Essex how about we make a truce.

Its your true King James the true Earl of Carter

God dammit Jimmy have you come back to defeat yet again.

I would gladly avert any more bloodshed, I only wish to re claim my lands before your Invasion you are welcome to Sussex

I actually beat you last time friend, don't mess with France's good name you sand nigger