The Last Jedi

This movie will either surpass Empire Strikes Back or be worse than Attack of the Clones.

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0248pUAteWk
youtube.com/watch?v=hh-zGP-LcQQ&t=198s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

or just be a mediocre snorefest like TFA, which is worse than either of those tb.h

It will most likely be as bland as The Force Awakens, Rogue One, and any other Star Wars movie Disney will make in the future. As flawed as the prequels were, Lucas at least brought some heart and soul into them. That's all gone now.

>I only know one truth. It's time, for heterosexual cisgendered white men, to end.

Will this be the most progressive film of all-time?

It will never surpass the Empire Strikes Back. Not even George could do that.

>bitched about disney's missed opportunities in e7
>cant get into proper shape to play an old wizened warrior monk

i hope they just cgi him in the movie doing a bunch of dope shit

It'll be just another forgettable flick that no-one will be talking about two weeks after it comes out.

George is shit, just sayin. He has good ideas, but doesn't know how to make a good film from a good concept

Or both if you are a a patrician

>doesn't know how to make a good film from a good concept
Yeah okay, he only has some of the most successful films in history. He only innovated filmmaking for decades. He only won the life time achievement award in film. He only made more money for said films than 99% of the film industry.

Only an autist deals in absolutes

It'll start with this one. This is the end of big blockbusters.

You basic bitch desu

It will be The Force Awakens again.

I have some hope (though probably in vain) that Rian Johnson will do Last Jedi right. But I think we can all agree that Colin Trevorrow will make IX another Jurassic World-esque generic shitshow

But TFA was good. Define right, faggot.

>TFA was good
kek

Jar Jar Abrams made the safest, most pandering movie he could've out of TFA. It's literally the same movie as ANH. I'm hoping Rian can make a movie with some personality and actually go out on a limb.

But to say TFA=ANH just shows how low your IQ is. They are very different films.

>This Poster Said THAT About The Force Awakens?! Click to see

No one on this thread has ever had an original thought or opinion.

fpbp

It will be meh and bland like McDonald's food

If you actually believe that you're a fucking moron

> Reddit.jpg

It'll surpass the amount of fucks I ever don't give for sure.

This board is pathetic.

See if this is familiar at all.
>secret information placed in a droid which finds its way to a young adult (Rey/Luke) living on a sand planet who dreams of bigger things
>cantina is recycled (kinda)
>literally so lazy that they just threw in a third death star
>father figure dies
I know that it could be seen as an 'homage' and I can respect that, but it doesn't change the fact that it retreads the same ground as ANH.

Lucas is at least an ideas-man and he does whatever the fuck he wants, JJ Fackmhs is puppet for Disney Overlords (tm)

Episodes 8 and 9 will be underwhelming , that's why Disney is scheduling Episode 9 is using Avengers 4 to hype up Episode 9 by putting it 3 week before Episode 9.

I heard The Force Awakens was rushed out the door to please Disney board members. Kennedy supposedly wanted another year to fine tune things. And Harrison had to reprise his role as Han Solo in order for Disney to consider letting him have another stab at Indiana Jones. Is any of this true?

Indiana Jones 5... can't wait

indiana jones and the retirement home of doom

youtu.be/0248pUAteWk

I also occasionally hear completely fabricated rumours that I pretend are legitimate out of sheer hope.

Harrison Ford has been on set for TLJ.

It's the installment that makes or breaks the new trilogy as a whole because there's no fucking way Colin Trevorrow of all people is going to give us a high finish.

formulaic check list derived from marketing algorithms to make money. it's not a movie, it's just something to designed generate revenue.

disneyshit and marvelshit have distilled movies into fastfood; worse because at least you at least get fed at mcdonalds. you are literally taking away nothing after pirating/watching this.

mark hamill is 65 years old retard, what do you expect him to do?

Regardless of how good it is, you faggots will bitch about it and pretend that you liked the prequels better so you can feel special.

You're all pretty much the worst.

Exercise.

this is image is infuriating I hope that teacher was eventually murdered

most 60 year olds can't even run, you're a retard. I hope you try to run at 65 and break your hip or something.

I think the movie was rushed by KK and the Disney execs. Michael Arndt was initially the writer, but he was booted when he needed another year to write the story. So they got Kasdan and Abrams on to speed it along. Unfortunately, this change was most probably the reason the movie was as unoriginal as it was.

It will be a boring and forgettable flick, so worse than Attack of the Clones.

Why the fuck did Kasdan approve this? It makes me think that he wasn't as responsible for Empire as I'd believed.

people can change in 40 fucking years

can you get more specific? what should he have vehemently objected to based on his earlier work?

Empire was George's. Kasdan cleaned up the story and Kershner brought it to life.

At least 1/2/3/4 plates on the big 4. His rotund frame ruins the immersion of him being a Jedi.

From what I read the story was more or less the same, the biggest difference however was how there were going to be new ships and overall production design, JJ however scrapped all of that for x wings and tie fighters and who knows what else. Pic related.

because being a 65 year old who lives as a hermit in a cave for 5 years is conducive to having the body of a 20-30 year younger man

how many old people do you interact with on a daily basis?

Yeah, apparently Arndt was focusing more on the 'offspring of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Leia' and making the parents 'supporting characters.' However, Abrams and Kasdan basically reversed Arndt's work and made it more nostalgic by including Han and Chewbacca in starring roles (not necessarily bad).
Source: http:// www indiewire com/2015/12/michael-arndt-reveals-rejected-plots-from-star-wars-the-force-awakens-a-much-larger-role-for-redacted-95887/

Does anyone have specifics as to what George Lucas wanted to do? He apparently thought TFA was "too retro" and desired to go in a different direction.

George may be woefully incompetent at actually making movies on his own, but holy shit did TFA need the Star Wars idea man.

iirc I think Lucas wanted a movie with much younger characters (think teenagers), and had an outline for the whole trilogy. It was scrapped by Disney though.

> George Lucas general idea man
> Steven Spielberg as director
> Kasdan as writer

Episode VII would have been kino. Spielberg almost directed Return of the Jedi.

Flip it and put ESB in the mid tier.

Allegedly they kept him on as 'creative consultant' (whatever the hell that job entails) but only probably put him on so that they wouldn't be crucified by the rabid Star Wars community.

he said in that Charlie Rose interview they rejected every one of his ideas

the only thing we know from his Disney draft is that he wanted really young main characters like 17-19 years old, and according to some guy who read drafts from the 80's some cool unique planets and aliens when compared to the prequels and OT with Luke being playing an Obi Wan type role. That's all.

It gets worse than that.
>MCs bond so much with Han over 1-2 days that they're crying over his death
>Leia goes to comfort Rey instead of Chewie
>Poor man's trench run
>Very little exposition about what the Resistance/First Order conflict is all about - even less than A New Hope.

And my personal favourite:

>Actually lampshade that it's Death Star Mk3 with "There's always a way to destroy these things"

If you feel the need to lampshade reusing a big plot element like that, maybe you should stop reusing it?

>they rejected every one of his ideas
They seemed to like his ideas just fine

Probably would have avoided another Death Star. That alone makes me wish his vision made it to the big screen instead.

Personally, I wanted an adventure on a much smaller scale. A youth discovering their force sensitivity and helping to save his/her world. Maybe the New Republic is putting down the last of the Empire's remnants, hiding in the backwater regions of the galaxy, and the new protagonist gets caught up in the mix. Greater focus on the ruins of the Empire and new locales/aliens.

>MCs bond so much with Han over 1-2 days that they're crying over his death

I don't get this complaint. Was Rey supposed to shrug her shoulders and say "shit happens" when she sees him killed in front of her?

The failure to even partly explain the Resistance really irked me when I watched TFA. It's like Abrams was so afraid of being compared to the Prequels that he just decided to completely eradicate any politics from the movie. I think it genuinely detracted from the viewing experience (unlike ANH), because the lack of context made it difficult to understand what the Resistance actually was.

You say it like there isn't a middle ground.

To be fair, I can sort of understand Rey. She's got severe parent issues so I can see why she would suddenly latch on to the first decent father figure she sees. Finn should have been a bit more blasé though.

Actually, Finn came off a bit strange to me anyway. He leaves the FO because he doesn't like the killing, but then he goes complete 180 and starts killing his old brothers-in-arms with no remorse, and actually some glee. In the book he apparently was treated very poorly by the Order, but the movie doesn't communicate this well.

its not so bad, they wanted to return to being a tale in space with evil knights and heroes. i just wish they didnt call it "the resistance". what are they resisting? they won.

Ya that sounds nice, I honestly didn't even have high expectations for this movie, I just wanted to see new shit and how things and characters evolved since the OT and I would've been satisfied but as we saw in TFA 30 years later and nothing changed. Just to make a quick and easy buck not because they genuinely thought it would make a good story.

> Leia hugged Rey instead of Chewie because Abrams thought it would be an empowering moment for women

That should tell you all you need to know about how much they care about making something that respects and organically expands on the preestablished lore

In addition to him get seemingly sad and shocked when he comrade dies in his arms it shows that he has some sympathy for the other troopers but then next thing we see is him laughing his ass off killing other troopers. At least show some inner conflict when he's going to kill them.

But...how is that empowering? They're mourning a dead guy

>Finn should have been a bit more blasé though.

Even during the death scene we don't see or hear Finn's reaction to it (just Rey's scream and her face) and just a few moments later he's knocked out for the rest of the movie.

The Mary Sue stuff and the lack of explaining Finn's storm trooper background are valid complaints, but saying they overreacted to Han's death is a pile-on that isn't justified by what actually happens in the movie.

it will not be kino

i can agree with this: they sacrificed lore and a bit of story to make a big-budget blockbuster that appeals to more people than the more political prequels ever did.

hmm...i'm just thinking: if you were hitchhiking and got picked up by a nice driver, only for him to be killed a few moments after you leave the car, would you be literally bawling your eyes out, or be more chill? genuine question btw

it'll probably be weird and lacking in fun or clear morals.

This. I would be sad, but I would more be in shock than fucking crying everywhere.

I would of honestly just have fox own the rights at the very least, from what we've seen with Logan, deadpool DOFP, and first class they wouldn't be afraid to explore the Star Wars world at all and I really don't think that's too much to ask for.

>Leia hugging Rey
I know he apologized for it but still what a hack if Lucas did EVERYONE would of teared him a new asshole along with all the other stuff jj did and rightfully so.

Yeah they really dropped the ball with that one. They probably wanted to have the Luke and Han turret moment, but forgot that Han was a rogue and Luke had his family killed by the Empire. Finn's literally killing the his family.

youtube.com/watch?v=hh-zGP-LcQQ&t=198s

Nah, you can see his gasp when the blade goes through and then he's looking distressed a few seconds later. Not as bad a Rey, but still a questionable reaction. But fair enough, this criticism is definitely subjective, especially when compared to Han exiting a ship out of hyperspace in the milisecond sweet spot of not getting to the surface and ending up a pancake.

Finn doesn't cry. Rey is a woman so having her cry at even a minorly upsetting thing is one of the more realistic things in the franchise.

Han should have died in Return of the Jedi like Ford wanted him to. Would have been a more meaningful death. I wonder what we would have gotten for Episode VII if that were the case.

kill yourself

Same story but it would of been luke instead of Han.

Who would be around to train Rey? Canonically Luke is the only Jedi. Surely they wouldn't have gone the force ghost route too.

Luke probably would've been the mentor figure that snuffs it.

Personally, I don't mind. Having Han alive means that we might get some good stories set between RotJ and TFA. There's also no guarantee that TFA would've been better.

Well I know it's traditional to have that but Rey is already good at that shit she really doesn't need it, if they had to they could easily pull some lone secret Jedi in hiding from their ass.

Would not have worked. Half of the story is about finding Luke.

I would be crying because just when I got rescued the stupid son of a bitch gets himself killed

To be fair, in the beginning of the trailer Luke says the Force is "so much bigger" than light and darkness. He probably means replacing the Jedi with something better.
...And by better, I mean the stronk independent Marey Sue, the Force that Awakened.

You'd need 4 before that.

I just threw up a little in my mouth.

You niggas talking like han is def dead.
No knowing han will appears inthe2 future installments as a force ghost and since we live in mickey mouse universe now, believe me, it will be possible.

I want to cry. This isn't what Star Wars is. I hate Disney. I am drunk.

Cry my dude, is best to let this shit out. Do what I did, I conviced myself that star wars actuallyended with rotj and all this shit we are seeing are just high value big budget fan fictions, take it as just that, a fan fiction no best thanthe yuzan voong and the thrawn saga

So are there any legit looking leaks for TLJ?

People can instantly master the force. Lightsabers can be used as helicopters. Anakin's lightsaber has a mind of its own and specifically called out to Rey.

This is only the beginning.

>Non force users like han appearing as force ghosts
Mark my fucking words

>Snoke is an aristocrat
>Rey is the incarnation of the force? She also calls yoda and idiot.
>something about miners and they reenact the walker battle from hoth but it's a on a salt planet instead of snow.
>Kylo kidnaps Rey at the end to find that grey middle ground
The Rey thing sounds ridiculous but I remember people saying the same thing about TFA leaks showing that it was just a soft reboot of ANH, so I wouldn't rule anything out.

I don't even care about the Yuzhan Vong of whatever fuck.

I'll ignore lightsaber helicopters but I'm just tired of cheap shit. Rogue One was fine, but TFA was sad

>>Rey is the incarnation of the force? She also calls yoda and idiot.
Bravo, Disney

People are gonna be pissed if that incarnation thing is true. Also not sure how I like Ren wanting to find the middle ground when he already went so far to go to the dark side in TFA.