Sunshine

>only dream I ever have
>is it the surface of the sun?
>every time I shut my eyes
>it's always the same

I still really like this movie despite the end

yeah why did they have to fuck up the final act so bad?

>just remember it takes eight minutes for light to travel from sun to Earth
>which means you'll know we've succeeded about eight minutes after we deliver the payload
>all you have to do is look out for a little extra brightness in the sky
>so if you wake up one morning and it's a particularly beautiful day
>you'll know we made it
>okay, I'm signing out

When the star we orbit begins to die it will get brighter not dimmer.

And retards say the third act is bad. Fuck em

This was a really good movie up until burned guy with retarded screen filters started showing up.

I agree.

I don't see what is wrong with it. Every argument towards it turning into a horror film, or even a zombie film(?) is overstated and missing any point the film was trying to make.

Right, it was about suicidal religiosity vs muh science

A message muddled, however, by the seemingly prophetic visions from that chick from DAMAGES

Likely the best movie about solving some sort of natural disaster by dropping a bomb on it.

>Right, it was about suicidal religiosity vs muh science

That is honestly not how I've ever viewed it, though I can see how that perspective arises.

The way I see it, is that isolation in space for extended periods can make us forget the merit in humanities existence, or our own.

It was not his religious beliefs that brought him to do what he did, but he rationalized his psychosis, caused by extended lack of societal interaction, through religion.

Boop

Only if it follows the natural lifespan

In Sunshine, the sun gets a supersymmetry in the core that prevents fusion

I love this movie and I forgive the ending

It went too far with the burnt psycho
But his existence makes sense.
They were all falling in love with the Sun as a deity
They couldn't handle it's magnificence.
It was too big for a human mind to handle so those who spent too much time near it, broke.

I get that. Good plot point

The problem was making him too strong and godlike.
That too was like "He was taking on the essence as the sun. He was the sun's avatar" and shit
But nah that didn't work

He should have been a crispy critter that they brought on board trying to save
But he killed the nurse and sabotaged the ship despite being so weak
He was so weak they never suspected he could do it
But he did it anyways

That would have been good
The rest of the conflict would have been 90% the same
The ship is fucked up and they still need to deliver the payload

From the novelization.

I think adventure/survival/horror genre.

KANEDAAAAAAAAA

Genuinely love this film despite its flaws and Takeda's death scene is really beautiful

So Danny Boyle saved that hack's script.

Ya got that backwards, mate.

TEEEEETSSSSUUUUOOOOOOOOO

What i never got was how did they originally intend to fly back to earth when the solar shield is located on the payload?

Loved this movie, really pretty CG. Somehow didn't expect it to turn into a slasher.

Same here. I felt betrayed by the ending the first time I saw it. Then, once I knew how it was going to take a left turn to crazy-town in the third act, it was less shocking, and I enjoyed it more.

The first two acts of Sunshine are hard science. They make calculated decisions for everything. Then I think they wanted to go deeper and explore more theological ideals, like the insignificance of humanity. Which is fine, but they handled it really sloppily. It's jarring going from hard science to speculative philosophy, and they didn't really explore it in a natural way. They just added a character who delivered it very bluntly.

It sounds a lot better when you say it like this and not "we wanted to make a slasher film." If they downplayed Mark Strong, maybe killed him a lot earlier in the third act, they could have explored these themes a lot more subtly.