youtube.com/watch?v=qw2JaPqqaJI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So this is how mouyes won the Champions League

back when CL wasnt the circlejerk it is today

>tie the first fucking round
>"""""""""""""""win""""""""""""""""" the championship

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHh ahahahhaha ahah holy fuck hahahahahaha

Lel

That time we got friendly cucked by the legendary Fernando Morientes (after btfo our eternal bitches as usual) who in turn got cucked by the mighty Mou.

Superdepor glory days

Mfw they are relegation tier this season

Porto was goat back in the day

Best CL season ever desu

>football before oil money

Glory days.

yeah a lot of KO matches in the CL nowadays seem stale

Him and dado prso were fucking based that season. Also, giuly and rothen on the wings.

>Rothen - nonda - giuly
>and the supreme meme of Prso
Thanks for the nostalgia
I will now cry myself to sleep

Attached: 1516054357893.jpg (619x453, 26K)

>Milan 0 - 4 Deportivo la Coruña

Attached: buscemi.jpg (327x327, 24K)

>before oil money
>Florenpollez early days of taxpayermoney and ACSexplotedmoney Galácticos is there
Lmao

they beat juve in the ro16 too
they would have been Sup Forums's boys if the board existed back then desu

>ywn see porto win the champions league again
why even continue

Attached: iu[1].png (655x509, 25K)

2004 was weird
monaco vs porto CL final
portugal vs greece Euro final

>you now remember Diego Tristan

Attached: Tristan-1.jpg (410x308, 22K)

nu/sp/ would call them reddit and soyolent while posting anime girls wearing kits of big money clubs.

2004 is absolutely mene magic year, even in Brasil.

Even here in SA a meme team won the Libertadores

Attached: 1467375891_948000_1467376211_noticia_normal.jpg (1000x500, 90K)

Greece also won the Euros that year.

that year was the first step in the movement away from 4-4-2 as average teams were successful in the CL and Euros by being well organised and using a more efficient shape, that's why the Champions League results were bizarre. Then Mouyes joined Chelsea and brought into the EPL 4-3-3 with a lone complete forward and that was the end of the Heskey-Owen-tier partnerships. Once Benitez was in with 4-2-3-1 and United and Arsenal had gone 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 the English teams started working properly in the CL again.

Tell us more Pablo

Once Caldas, literal small team in Colombia few times wins the Colombianão/Cocainão wins 2004 libertadores in penalties against the powerhouse of America of that time Boca Ruiniors, parking the bus with dogshit team and colombia get their secound liberta trophy in their history. Also, in Brasileirão Patetico Paranaense wins agaist São Memeano in final.

2004 was prime roy makaay's time.

Why does Sup Forums have such a hard on for underdogs?

Is funny because nobody could defeat them

Attached: CL2004.png (1069x572, 38K)

>Depor comeback
>Madrid choking vs farmers
>Oporto winning a CL in HD
weird year dude

Has there been a truly thorough, top to bottom, advanced statistical analysis yet of whether or not away goals are truly more difficult than home ones in the champions league (or vs clubs outside of one's own league etc.)?

I know I'm an American, >fuck off blah blah blah, but honestly seeing aggregates decided by away goals just looks so disgusting. I'm not convinced that away goals should be worth more unless I see a high-level quantitiave study, not just people shouting memes of "obviously so much harder away from home it's obvious shut up" and the like.

When was the year that the mexicacas got utterly btfo at bombonera?

Mou fucking over Man U yet again

Wut? Ask yourself whether any given American sports team performs better at their arena or on the road. It's a very intutitive notion.

he was already in Buyern in 2004

just compare knockout games in UCL and Europa League with away goals to World Cup and Euro knockout games without away goals (I know it's not two legs) and see which one have lots of goals and which ones are borefests where both teams park the bus and hope for lucky 1-0

words don't matter. I want numbers.

Interesting how it's weird for Porto to win a CL when we already have 2 (two), while it's perfectly normal to expect a team like Manchester City (with their glorious record in the competition and their amazing history overall). Reminder that before Ronaldo and Messi Porto has the same number of CL as Man Utd and Barcelona. Still equal to Juventus and better than Chelsea.

Unless you're current West Ham.
lel

Who doesn't? We like to identify with underdogs. Probably none of us will ever know what it's like to be able to walk into a bar and come out with a girl sucking your cock and another letting you fondle her tits like the Ronaldos of the world. But we see a bit of ourselves in the Jamie Vardys, unremarkable crude wankers who just wanna get through the day fine. And when the underdogs get one over the elite, we rejoice because we think to ourselves that if the average joe making pennies (at least for a PL player) can have his day in the spotlight, maybe one day we can too

I don't know about a seriously comprehensive study, but there's data to show it was significantly harder to win away from home, which implies it's significantly harder to get the goals that result in wins away from home. But it's declining and I think home advantage is overrated (we've just seen Spurs and United get hit at home when they were supposed to be in "advantageous positions").

Home advantages also means a fuckton of nerves, real fear of conceding those away goals, getting stuck somewhere between attack and defense, not getting much value out of grabbing home goals relative to what you'd lose by risking conceding while trying to get those away goals. I'm not convinced, I prefer my team to be away from home in the second leg where they can adjust their tempo to get killer away goals. And so that means I agree with you, those away goals are treated too valuable.

But it's part of the sport and sets up a lot of drama. Without aggregate wins you can't go from progressing to getting knocked out in the space of a single goal so you can't get dramatic last gasp wins.

Attached: 1520463142753.png (575x320, 111K)

away goals are overvalued for sure

score away first leg you almost are guaranteed to advance, even with a 1:1 ort 2:2 draw all you ahve to do at home is avoid conceding and your through

Thanks user. I like that image.

Somewhat predictably I think, as sports have become bigger, more important, more money-driven, specialized and coached/managed by true experts, home advantage seems to be becoming less important. It makes sense.

For an American example, consider top seeds in the NFL. I don't have the data on me, but I know it's been said that the top seeds in each conference (home field advantage) used to almost always advance to the super bowl in decades past, but their advantage over the average has significantly gone down.

Porto had a goat team and a goat manager what are you on about

best decade ever
i will never forget all the fun, how great it was
miss it as fuck, even went under depression

>cazalbé is a champions league champion and scored in a champions league final
fun times

Attached: images (19).jpg (420x350, 21K)

Attached: 1520932713581.jpg (430x637, 189K)

It was one of the best CL campaigns though. Teenagers today look at those teams and think they were pathetic but they were all really good. Sad that today there's even less parity.

>look up the lineup that won the copa
>4 of the starting players don't have wikipedia articles

>Won everything as a player
>Could've won a CL as manager
Is he... Dare I say it... Underrated?

Attached: deschamps-1993.jpg (476x600, 41K)

Arsenal-Chelsea from this season is severely underrated. Wayne fucking Bridge.

That's stunning.

Hard to imagine Milan in the Champions League.

Just look at betting odds. The average football game is ~ 40% - 25% - 25%

On average the home team scores around 0.25 more goals than the away team.

Where was Barcelona?

They finished 6th in the League

Play at home is an advantage. Maybe not as much as it used to be in the old days, but it still. Just look at random irrelevant teams playing home against fellow irrelevant-tier teams. Most of the times it's either a home team win or a draw, seldom an away victory.

>chelsea alone with only shit teams
>loses to poonaco
Chelsea was really the psg of that era.
For the money they spend they should have won CL every year. Back then they were the only club with that insane splash spending.

That was Roman's first year. They didn't really become great until Mourinho came in the second

first CL after second group stage removed

>after btfo our eternal bitches as usual

You mean the team your press calls the black beast because they've raped you in the CL so many times? Sounds a little insecure m8

You'd be lucky if you ever see them win a CL match ever again

XDD

>two-legged final
Gay

>vitor baia
>ricardo carvalho
>Prime Costinha
>absolutely prime Maniche
>Prime Deco
>prime Derlei
>BENNY DEUS
>Prime Mourinho

We had a great team

Shut up fag. If you're alive next year, and the year after that, you will se us win a champions league again

Attached: Imagem16.png (764x779, 378K)

Barcelona is a small club, they were irrelevant until recently.

I-Is there still hope? Maybe I shouldnt end it all...
And you will never see a mexican team in the cl qualifier

Attached: latest[1].jpg (800x800, 93K)

Babbys need to leave Sup Forums

such a missed opportunity for real that year, i was furious as fuck for MONTHS

Of course there is.

Remember when we ended in 9th, below fucking Varzim? Pretty sure some fag told your grandpa "Lmao, you're not winning the league again". We were the Sporting of those days. Pretty sure people thought Pedroto would win the league with Setubal before winning it with Porto. And what happened ten years after ending in 9th? We had won the league again? And twenty years after? We had already been European Champions. And thirty years after? We were winning the penta. So we can still win the Champions League again

I mean, you kmow what we tried to do after ending in 9th? Buy Cryuff. He was already a star at Ajax. We ended in 9th and tried to buy Cryuff

Attached: Imagem44.png (990x860, 659K)

you're an idiot. stop listening to your moronic pundits with rodent teeth
>mourinho played 433
lmaooo.

Right in the feels user

I've often wondered. Why is this format 2-legged?

Just do that "host nation" shit and go 1-game single elimination.

Attached: Locker.jpg (747x1024, 821K)

>no one remembers Alenichev

Attached: 4d0c3c51.jpg (517x411, 156K)

rude tbqh

Of course I remember ultrabased Alenichev. Only Ruskie player to ever win a Champions League (sorry about 87, a lot more ouls have won that year if, you know...). Shame Mourinho put Pedro Mendes as a starter in the final instead of him

Attached: Imagem24.png (1037x900, 801K)

>I want numbers.
Check these

Attached: checkem.jpg (1252x704, 139K)

>virgin scouser fails to get digits
Surprise, surprise

Attached: 1518465860410.jpg (1280x720, 195K)

That's a big cup

i'm no scouser.

Attached: 1407133443187.jpg (500x500, 38K)

Alenichev is still in my heart, fucking loved him in Roma

Partizan Belgrade was unbeaten at home that year in a group consisting of Real Madrid, Porto and Marseille. Marseille, who I think either won or played in UEFA/Europa Cup Final that year.

You now remember based Prso scoring 4 goals on his birthday.

Attached: 5novembre-screen.jpg (450x300, 85K)

And yet Corunha went to the semis and Monaco to the final...

>Monaco became the second French team after Marseille in 1993 to contest a Champions League final. As of 2017, they are also the last French team to have done so.

kek

KEK

you do know that marseille robbed every single one of those cups
and that he failed both at the cl final and at the euro final
he's shit

Attached: 1469558249017.gif (415x554, 275K)

¡viva partizan!

Hi Alfonso, how is autism treating you?

Thank you, watch our league.

You too,Cpби
youtube.com/watch?v=q9mFuAL8dGg&t=370s

Who can not like based jakmania fans?
youtube.com/watch?v=qw2JaPqqaJI

Attached: 1513863477814.jpg (662x712, 38K)

but there was Reims and Saint Etienne

>"invincibles"
>lose

HOLY BASED

>14 years ago we were an European powerhouse
>we are now gpnna be relegated for the 3rd time in 8 seasons

Life is suffering

>tfw Carlos fucking Alberto has more CL titles than Ronaldo
Mou was truly the special one back then

Attached: 1517006268519.jpg (1024x962, 67K)

>Also, in Brasileirão Patetico Paranaense wins agaist São Memeano in final.
That meme final happened in 2001, Santos won it in 2004.

>In 02/03 season the top four in Spain was Real M, Depor, Sociedad and Celta
Really makes you wonder

Attached: 1467698143443.jpg (600x553, 25K)