C
A
M
E
R
O
N

>10 seconds of cinematic footage takes down the built up tension

What is it with the Alien franchise and cutting scenes that add context to the story?

>takes down built up tension
U are such a normie

They also cut out Newt's picture in Alien Resurrection. A nice moment

Wtf am i looking at lmao

Ripley's daughter. It's explained she died on earth during Ripley's freeze.

Nah, she died after being impregnated by an ayyy while trying to blow up Sevastapol station.

She could have done all the stuff in Alien Isolation and still died before Ripley was discovered actually.

That's why I prefer the director's cut, even though it means I have to suffer through that fucking awful scene at Hadley's Hope.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT THE THUMB!

When I played alien isolation, I always marveled at how fucking nice Ripley's fucking thumb graphics were. like they were the prettiest fucking fingers ever in a game. Now compare pic related thumbs to OP image thumbs. It's the same fucking HANDS. Now THAT is some mother fucking attention to detail by the game makers. Yeah you're playing as Ellen's daughter, but it makes sense for the hands to look the same. That is fucking great. Holy shit I fucking love the attention to details.

I fucking loved that game and don't understand the criticism about it being too long and the pacing being off.

i've been reading a lot of game articles lately and the current trend seems to be short games, which as a 40yr gamer i don't understand, why pay 60 for a game you'll finish in 4 hours, give me a 40hr game anyday
also i can't even play that again because its so fucking stressful

The pacing in Isolation is what makes the game, really. The fact that its start-stop-start-stop keeps you on edge the entire time. Reading reviews about it piss me off, especially the IGN one where the guy gave it like, a 5/10 because he played on hard and thought it was too hard.

Ive never played a game that was so faithful to the source material.

When I first encountered the Xenomorph and tried to run away and I could hear the sound of it running towards me from behind fucking killed me. Sound design and mixing was on point.

great game

those androids were a bullshit design imo

Explain.

if you were to face more than one its game over, running from them is tedious and feels forced when it should be dynamic in the sense of their patrol patterns

As someone who loved the game I'd say it overstayed a little too long because it kept setting you up for the exit just around the corner than bam, it's blocked off or your get taken down to the breeding chamber or your have to align another satellite dish. Overall it's a fantastic experience though
>Only an animal feels fire

I happen to be an expert in this, no shitting, had an autistic discussion with my pals about the game back then.
There are "quests" that are unnecessary and drag the game on. BUT, the thing is, these sections arent much, in fact, unnecessary steps are like 1-4 extra hours depending on your skills dealing with the Alien. Its just one of those cases where Sup Forums makes a slight problem look bigger, which later on passes to become reddit's opinion about the game, which passes on to basically the whole internet.

The main "flaw" people have with the game is that the AI outsmarts player. People find that the game gets harder and harder with each section, while in reality its all just the same. The player does not realize that they need to change their in game behaviour and be more aggresive to outplay the Alien, people instead choose to hide forever, ignore Alien behaviour and basically trash away the crafting system. Obviously this gets you nowhere and the Alien is designed to find you if you stay still too long, the crafting system was made to be an almost core mechanic, by ignoring it you are either a fucking retard or just like big big challenges.

The AI on the Alien is nearly genius level, Im amazed on how the fucker actually learns your moves and uses them against you, I have not seen this kind of AI since F.E.A.R.

To be fair, Dead Space was a fantastic game, even though youre literally just repairing shit and doing gruntwork the whole time.
>tfw Isaac has such good work ethic that he still does his best to get the job done, even with reanimated corpses running around and hiding in every corner.

What? No.
Nigga people complain about the pacing because the game peaks at the hive and just drags the fuck on after.
>whoops you thought you were escaping lmao fuck you crabwalk around for another 20 minutes to fix a generator six more times

This

When I first started playing, I avoided lockers, cabinets and vents because they were too obvious. Its much easier to progress aggressively and hide in plain sight. I rarely used crafts because the AI gets use to them. It's amazingly easy to just avoid the Alien. I had more problems with Humans and Synthetics ruining my flow.

>IGN
>point score reviews: the site
Shouldn't of bothered looking really

Every time I seen that gif I feel violated.