Fringe

If the observers could travel through space why didn't they just kill Olivia or Walter before they fucked everything up?

Also general Fringe thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12862547
youtube.com/watch?v=QmuX7KArPlE
youtube.com/watch?v=3mlYm9LsqZU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Also if they can move super fast why do they bother walking slow at all?

Are you not done with season 5 yet? There's a scene that deals with this and I don't want to spoil it because it's great.

I'm rewatching it, I don't remember much but I do remember September taking Peter to see the big bang

Basically because it would involve recalculating the probability of all events from the point they re-attack time to the present Observer future in the 29th century. That was probably one of the reasons there was at least 3 years between September warning Walter that the Observers were going to attack and them actually attacking (The Purge).

Why did Peter immediately go to shit once he and Olivia got together? I mean I'm a huge fag for will they/won't they shit in show (especially when one is a sarcastic asshole) but it always seems one or both characters become shit when it does finally happen (i.e. Pam/Jim)

Also I stopped at season 5 partially because I was too busy to finish and also I lost interest. Is it worth finishing? It was a real downer when they got rid of Fauxlivia

Definitely worth finishing, you should probably rewatch the show unless it was recently you stopped as they really tie everything together very well at the end, and the last season was so serialised it didn't work that well on TV, best marathoned.

>It was a real downer when they got rid of Fauxlivia
I bet you stopped watching before they went to the other universe in season 5.

I was thinking about Fringe the other day. I guess this might be a good time as any to marathon this.

Show was pretty kino until the end of season 3

It's time to settle this once and for all

strawpoll.me/12862547

What didn't you like about season 4? Other than the villain reveal in the end which I can agree was pretty pathetic.

>What didn't you like about season 4?

Hard to remember exactly why, i'll have to pick it up again. I stopped watching a few episodes into 4

>they really tie everything together very well at the end
Well, most things anyway. The only question I had left that I was really annoyed about not being answered was how William Bell knew about the weird rune he used to capture September

youtube.com/watch?v=QmuX7KArPlE

>I am surprised they knew of this methodology, it is beyond them

i love this as well
youtube.com/watch?v=3mlYm9LsqZU

It does start out a bit weird with re-characterizations and Bishop being a little too wacky, but it gets better. I personally really liked the interactions between the universe counterparts, which also leads to some great nuance in performances.

>Bishop being a little too wacky
I thought it was fine, the whole point was how Peter had helped him which was made very clear in the early seasons, I think it was a pretty well done vision of what he would be like if he was still crazy but just released from the asylum anyway because he was useful too.

True. I just thought the execution was a bit off. I liked the shut-in aspect, but the scenes where he starts to "see" Peter, ending with him contemplating lobotomizing himself is just a little too much.
There's never really any indication anywhere on the show that he is actually insane or anything like that. His admission to St.Clairs is always hinted to be because of the accident in the lab, coupled with his removal of parts of his brain. He's still very much rational, so I thought him suddenly being almost suicidal didn't make much sense.

what's up with sudden resurgence of these threads? The show had two amazing episodes. The rest was mediocre.

He was just sane enough to realise how crazy he was, and in his lucid moments he took the hallucinations of Peter to be an indication he was going crazy again and tried to stop it, it wasn't a suicide attempt though it was fucking stupid and he'd be unlikely to have been able to complete the operation if he succeeded.

Without the context of knowing who the guy is, it was at least a semi-rational action he took, while under massive stress from his job and the looming threat of being sent back to Saint Claire's.

And don't forget about The Equation, when the hospital administrator forcibly committed him while he was talking to the Chinese professor, when he was back in his room there was this creepy ass scene which I always took to mean Walter really was crazy and just dealing with it rather well.

But that contradicts his character from the flashbacks where he is more like his alternate universe counterpart. There he's in control, assertive, very driven, but not insane in any way. Guess it's up to interpretation, but I think they should have elaborated more.

How so? Don't forget that he didn't have the parts of his brain removed until he was already in Saint Claire's.

If youi look at the beginning of the "Peter" episode, when he is talking to the military guys, showing them the Window, he is very much like his alternate universe counterpart. It's just jarring to me that he goes from that to a paranoid and irrational with no real bridge from one to the other.

The bridge is 2x10- Grey Matters

man I forgot how cute Astrid was. Especially Assburger Astrid

>sudden resurgence of Fringe-breads
Pattern.

I don't remember seeing any other Fringe threads in the past week

There was this one yesterday

Good stuff

strange reappearance but it pleases me