Now that the dust has settled, I think we can all agree this was a masterpiece...

Now that the dust has settled, I think we can all agree this was a masterpiece. It's just that Sup Forums is full of contrarians faggots, as usual.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R5j1Y8EGWnc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why did Prometheus rip off that android's head?

>Engineer wakes up from 1000 year sleep
>"MUST DESTROY EARTH!"

pure shit-kino

Not even Ridley Scott knows why.

I think the original story line to this movie got edited to shit

Weyland proclaimed himself a god with the statement that creating David, an artificial lifeform, made him equal to The Engineers and thus deserving of immortality.

Tell me you wouldn't find that irritating.

It made atheist edgelords consider religion was something else and it triggered them

For someone to be a contrarian you have to have an opposite opinion about the subject than the majority.

And the majority of people thought the film was trash.

I'm willing to bet that most people haven't even put the plot together, which is pretty tight af

This was my only gripe with the film. Why was the Engineer immediately so belligerent, did he perceive humans to be a pest?

>dude I need to make a sequel of a prequel of a sequel of a 40 year old movie for all this to make any sense. And then I'll make 5 more.

It's time for this old demented fuck to stop.

>liking lindelof shit unironically

i hate neo-Sup Forums

>reposting

I think he may have thought the humans were there to steal their bioweapons.

They were going to destroy humanity with all the urns on that ship. Safe to say that they considered humans a threat. And then to have his enemies, the enemies of his people trespass in his ship where all his people died and have one of them demand eternal life...

>They were going to destroy humanity

but why

he was in cryo

before he went into cryo, his intent was to destroy the human species because reasons

when he awoke from cryo it doesn't magically stop him from remembering the objective

he was actually a decent enough guy to hear out what the people had to say who woke him; but weyland fucked that one up because of the arrogant request

>when he awoke from cryo it doesn't magically stop him from remembering the objective

Anyone who has been put in cryo isn't going to automatically take off and attack the enemy. They're going to at least do a quick status check first. He's been asleep for millions of years.

Because Damen fucking Lindelof that's why. no more questions

he was the one surviving autistic engineer the others had put in stasis because they were tired of his biting and throwing shit.

Let's push to make this the canon reason

>He's been asleep for millions of years.

It was around 2k years, which was explained during the carbon dating scene

>Anyone who has been put in cryo isn't going to automatically take off and attack the enemy.

But he didn't attack. He listened to what they had to say and concluded that our species were still retarded cunts.

Yeah, wasting first contact on demanding immortality from a higher race you know nothing about was idiotic.

Which part of "dont bring a black goo in a jar to Earth, because the shit is 100% prone to accident and catastrophe due to human error and vice" you dont get?

Yeah, assuming all went well, Weyland was definitely going to want to take one of those jars back with him for testing and weapons development. Probably a good thing The Engineer told them to fuck off.

This guy doesn't look anything like the engineers David was glassing in the prologue that was released a while back.

Anyone else think the engineers look creepy?

>be asleep for millennia
>probably feel terrible
>some robot and old cripple are up in your business before you're even on your feet

I'd be pretty pissed too.

youtube.com/watch?v=R5j1Y8EGWnc

Same reason why Brad Pitt chopped that statue's head off in Troy

Is that what humans would look like in a million years? Will we even make it that far?

And then the old cripple straight up tells you to give him immortality because he deserves it.

Good idea to cut that out. The Engineer wouldn't waste his time talking to small, stupid humans.

I went into it having no idea that it was related to Alien. I just saw a trailer for some fucking looking humanoid alien dudes popping galactic molly and wanted to give it a whirl. I loved the presentation and thought the actual filming was handled well. Characters and writing were silly. That birth scene was tense, disgusting, and engaging. I was all about it.

So I had a good time. I didn't think it was a masterpiece. I thought the premise of exploring our origins through the discovery of a prior, greater species was cool, but then it went nowhere and just turned into an Alien prequel. I still enjoyed it, but it survived on its budget and slick presentation. The writing was the usual Hollywood schlop.

The engineer realised that humanity had grown to become a threat to the engineers and that logically any life created by humanity could be an even greater threat still

>wake up
>some woman scream, crying and getting hit
>Old wanker asking you to make him live forever because "WE are gods"

Given that situation I'd also consider headbutting him with his own android and destroying his planet if I was not a morning person tbf

Wow, does it look like obvious greenscreen the whole movie?