* peak... 9.42 46.0 at 21.00
Through the keyhole (r)... 2.44 13.7

Previously:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12858890
strawpoll.me/12755860/r
strawpoll.me/12803469/r
strawpoll.me/12851203
radiotimes.com/news/2017-04-24/doctor-who-to-release-a-nail-biting-immersive-version-of-an-upcoming-episode
youtube.com/watch?v=0e0LA9U6SGA
twitter.com/OldRoberts953/status/858630696587362304
twitter.com/OldRoberts953/status/858401116341534721
youtube.com/watch?v=P4u5hOyIZyU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder that poll:
What did /who/ think of 'Thin Ice'?
strawpoll.me/12858890
strawpoll.me/12858890
strawpoll.me/12858890
Last time:
The Pilot: strawpoll.me/12755860/r
Smile: strawpoll.me/12803469/r

>3.76

>pointless got higher ratings
JUST

SJWs BTFO

The only thing Doctor Who can beat in ratings now is a repeat of Through the Keyhole it seems.

Is 3.76 a new low?

The Witch's Familiar and Under the Lake were a little lower.

>Ratings plummet because people don't like to see a hot 20 year old flirt with an old wrinkly man (no matter how good as the doctor he is)
>I-I know we'll give the hot white girl to a black muslim!
>Oh shit that didn't work, ok we'll remove the hot girl and put in a gay, black ugly girl in her late 20's
>We'll let a woman write the show so she can fill it full of all the things that matter to the tumblr fans who amount to 10% of the show viewers, like the fact that London is full of the same demographics we have in 2017!
WHY WONT YOU WATCH OUT SJW SHOW???

It's a Doctor Who gets moved to CBBC episode.

t. Cletus

Its a humans (white men) are the baddies episode

Call me a redneck all you want. The ratings don't lie.
The show was at it's peak with a fun white young doctor and a fun white companion, coincidentally that doctors worst episodes also included the black boyfriend.

Blacks in the UK make up just 3% of the population, yet it's shoved down our throats that they are 50/50

>t. Cletus

t. Cletus

>strawpoll.me/12858890
5.8/10? I thought /who/ liked it more

Poll?

strawpoll.me/12851203

What did /who/ think of Thin Ice?

sjw bullshite

Too much pandering, not enough interesting plot, though I like the idea. Although I'd imagine there's better ways to get what you want from a sea monster than this.

Same chart position as last week then.

Viewing figures were down for all shows last night for some reason.

cant really say if /who/ liked it or not, but there is probably a lot of people who voted on it who are not regulars and just annoyed about the race thing. might be worth doing another poll once things have died down if you just want what /who/ thinks. could still be a similar result though

Cause of the thread pic, I'm gonna ask again something that's been on my mind since the last thread:

"Thin Ice" is also the name of a Big Finish story (a 7 Lost Story). The penultimate Series 10 episode, "World Enough and Time" is also the name of a River Song audio. Is Doctor Who so big that repeated titles are inevitable? Does it bother any anons? Any other thoughts?

Everything is so low. Where did all the people go?

better than last week, but that's not saying much

>Is Doctor Who so big that repeated titles are inevitable?
Some idioms maybe
>Does it bother any anons?
Not really, but I'd prefer they didn't.

Anyone else going to wait until the binaural edition of Knock Knock comes out before watching it? Or are you planning on watching it the first airing, then rewatching with the binaural edition? Or not watching the binaural edition at all?

radiotimes.com/news/2017-04-24/doctor-who-to-release-a-nail-biting-immersive-version-of-an-upcoming-episode

youtube.com/watch?v=0e0LA9U6SGA

10 people rated it 10/10, and 10 people rated it 1/10.

Yeah, this is totally a valid representation of what /who/ thinks, not a bunch of people from Sup Forums and Tumblr and who knows where else trying to influence the results to push their agenda.

They literally could have googled 'doctor who thin ice' to see if the name had been used before in any other media but they were too lazy. Oh well, it's not that big of a deal.

nice new trip

I had to suppress an eyroll when they had the cheek to describe accepted historical fact as "whitewashing"

Even if the past was as rayciss as they claim there wouldn't be African redcoats

Binaural, in my experience puts me to sleep rather than anything.

i want to WHITE Bill

Nothing special, again there were great character moments between the doctor and bill, but the rest just felt meh again. Too many rehashed plot elements from better episodes really.
I am enjoying this arc more, actually intrigued by the basement and what's behind the vault, who the doctor made an oath to etc.

Next week looks like it has potential, even though it'll end up just being a typical run of the mill haunted house that's actually aliens doing something bad kind of episode...

it was time

I'm never quite sure how much Moffat and co google/TARDIS Core Doctor Who stuff. Sometimes I feel like surely they are, but occasionally they rattle off Classic Who stuff encyclopedially, so who knows. Moff heard the first set of River audios at least, not sure if he heard the second, which have the title he reused for ep11 this year.

Yeah I can see that. Will be interesting to see (well, hear) it in kind of a horror context.

better than smile but not as good as the pilot. bill and 12 are good as usual (really liked the "have you killed anyone" scene). the villain being racist didn't bother me but the whitewashing line did. was nice to just have the doctor and bill just going around solving a mystery. overall decent but not a standout epsidoe

So, it's The Master in the vault right?

1. I'm pretty sure that the knocks at the end of the episode were the same as the drums.
2. Nardle talking about The Doctor having a friend.
3. Nardle being scared of what's in the vault.

Oh, and the fact that there's clocks on the damn thing.

Probably. He can't let Simm out, but can't kill him because Missy is already here and it would cause paradox.

This. The have you killed anyone scene was kino. Little things like the flash back when they found the hat annoyed me, they assumed the audience is retarded and can't remember the kid was wearing it.

To the seaside, it's a bank holiday weekend in the UK.

Not a single BBC saturday show made it into last year's top 10 for the Mayday bank holiday weekend.

From now on I dedicate this trip to one cause only. Shitposting. Shitposting will fall.

>the Doctor, a person who committed at least 1 genocide of an entire species
>cares about racism
Fucking hypocrite, you can't make this shit up.

>I don't know what happened, Professor, but we've taken on a lot of clocks.

>1. I'm pretty sure that the knocks at the end of the episode were the same as the drums.
They were pretty close, but just enough not dead on the mark for plausible deniability.

The door had Gellifreyan symbols though, so it would make sense.

But does it have the sort of Bank Holiday Monday feel, the kind of Jules Verne, Edgar Rice Burroughs story of derring-do, which I've always loved.

All yours bud, I won't use it anymore.

Definitely seems the intuitive guess to make. Which kind of makes me second-guess myself, because it's Moffat.

Silly fantheory: it's evil12 from The Lie of the Land having a very slow regeneration or something, and normal12+Nardole are safeguarding him until he regenerates back into being good or whatever (pretty sure it can't be this cause I think at the end of The Lie of the Land Bill resets time Martha-in-Last-of-the-Time-Lords style, feel like I read that somewhere).

>Nardle
>Gellifreyan

Drop your trip, you attention whore. Hopping from one trip to another won't change the problem

I bet you're from Gallifrey Base

oh and just after payday, lots people go to the pub or out elsewhere. I suspect DW will do well on catch up, whereas Mrs Brown won't for example.

Quick! What promises has The Doctor made to The Master over the entire course of the show? One of those will probably be his oath.

Neo is the chemo that is curing /who/

The shot of the wood monster things from Knock Knock vaguely reminds me of the wood creatures from The Doctor, the Widow, and the Wardrobe. Will there be more gags about the sonic not working on wood?

Unreliable spoilerhounds have it that it will be some reappropriation of the farm scene from Master.

From you? Good. Hope you fuck off asap, you and all your little trip friends like Neo, Gato, Danny Pink, wanderer, friendly neighborhood user.

whovians is about to start
featuring a politician who resigned last year who turns out to be a doctor who fan

Literally no one cares about these shitty podcasts. Do something productive with your life, Jesus Christ.

The best way to prevent trip drama is to reply to any post by any trip with ranting and reeing.

I'm pretty sure user isn't Jesus Christ.

And reply to those very same posts, polluting even more the general. You a genius. Which one are you? Wanderer? Pink?

Jesus, I was looking up The Doctor, the Widow, and the Wardrobe in my folders to check out the wood monsters, and I'm blown away by just how many fucking minisodes the series 6 era had:

Prequel to The Impossible Astronaut
Bad Night
Good Night
Prequel to the Curse of the Black Spot
Prequel to A Good Man Goes to War
Prequel to Let's Kill Hitler
Up All Night
Prequel to The Wedding of River Song
Death is the Only Answer
Prequel to The Doctor, the Widow, and the Wardrobe
First Night
Last Night

Series 10 has has Friend from the Future. Series 9 had two small little prelude things to the premiere (essentially just deleted scenes). Series 8 had an in-cinema Strax intro for Deep Breath. But jeez, the Matt Smith era was absolutely loaded with minisodes. I assume it was connected to the split series ordeal.

Are you the upload user? Cheers for your efforts if you are. I watched it on iview last week but might just wait until casualwhostream streams it this time.

Fuck off boardie

whovians is comfy and manages to not be autistic mostly

>Will there be more gags about the sonic not working on wood?

There absolutely will be.

If there isn't I will put one of my sonic screwdrivers in my butt

Yup, Series 6 had an awful lot of those. Series 7's minisodes were better though. I particularly liked The Inforarium. It expanded on the "deleting myself off of every database in the universe" plot. Shame it got nowhere in the end.

More generally, minisodes actually make us feel there's something else going on between adventures and they often expand on the characters (River minisodes or the one where Amy phones 11 to know if he's found River and he just can't bring himself to answer the call).

which kind?

Beardguy gets autistic sometimes, but it's mostly fun. Really, the only cringey moment in either of the first two episodes was the pretaped shark attack segment in the first one.

Captcha: Edwards Waterfield. Pleb captcha, his name is Edward.

wew

I was amused by you and Cloister musing over how many of us here have sonic screwdrivers.

I have two, a 9 one I got in 2005, and an 11 one from the /who/ secret santa a few years back.

I assume yours is Tennant's of course.

Oh yeah I liked The Inforarium. I've always had troubling placing Rain Gods in the timeline though.

Anyone remember the "TARDISodes" from 2006? You downloaded them onto your phone and they were crappy low-quality shoddily-directed 1-2min prequels to whatever ep would air that week.

Yeah you would you AIDS riddled rapeshed.

twitter.com/OldRoberts953/status/858630696587362304
What did he mean by this?

>tfw Nardole is still the best part of this season

I'm quite excited for when he actually joins 12 and Bill on adventures. I think it's from Extremis onwards?

>all those degenerates in this general

You don't belong on Sup Forums. Go the fuck away.

Haha. The Beeb are no doubt cursing iTunes. Did anyone here actually watch it live?

beardguy is /who/'s kind of autistic rather than the pure cringe kind

Oh yeah that one's a mystery, I think they just got the costumes wrong. Maybe it was supposed to be the tweed jacket.

He really has something up his sleeve, hasn't he? He's shady, he's got some business going. I dream of a scenario where he betrays the Doctor and opens the door himself, in a crazy "see you should have listened to me!" way.

I'm still curious how many people on /who/ have them, it seems like almost everybody has one haha. I have four different kinds. Ten's with the UV light that came with the psychic paper, two different versions of Eleven's (One actually springs open, the other doesn't), and the Master's laser screwdriver.

I unironically want that dildo, where can I buy it

In Writer's Tale, RTD briefly jokes about calling The Next Doctor "The Two Doctors". Imagine if he had. Fandom uproar.

>where can I buy it
no idea, I'm fairly sure I saved that image off one time you posted it

You are talking too much. You're trying to be the center of attention, you want to be the one creating discussion and conversation. This is showing. You start a topic then don't bother replying to those replying to you, you just move on by starting another topic. This isn't Gallifrey Base, go fuck yourself.

Fack, the people who used to make it probably got some sort of CAD, I can't seem to find anything.

If an user knows though, they should drop a link. pls

twitter.com/OldRoberts953/status/858401116341534721
>Another v good #DoctorWho. We've had that one at least 5 times but who cares when the leads are so watchable and loveable?

Did they took Gareth back?

Oh jeez. Well surely RTD earned some Classic Who points by bringing back the Macra of all things.

I totally forgot the laser screwdriver was a thing. Somehow I don't see new and improved Simm using anything like that, ha.

youtube.com/watch?v=P4u5hOyIZyU

That's the best explanation really. Also annoying that they misattributed the writing credit.

No we won't. Who let this creature in? Stand up in the presence of your betters!

Well, he's not back this season, and I'm not sure kissing Moffat's arse is the best way to get Chibs to hire him. So, either he doesn't realise the Moff is leaving after S10, or he's genuinely enjoying this year. This is 3 times out of 3 he sounded worried about the episode before it aired, but then declared it "v. good" or "great" and told us what he loved about it after seeing it.

Is Sam Kisgart in any BF stuff besides Unbound? Really like his performance.

Mine ran out of batteries a long time ago but I remember that it was OBNOXIOUSLY loud. Scared the shit out of me the first time I heard it.

I'd personally love to see the laser screwdriver come back. Whatever happened to it, anyway?

I was more insinuating that he used to be salty, but now isn't anymore.

What do the two numbers mean? First is ratings, what's the second?

He likes his doctor who fun instead of raw character drama. He cares about it being accessible to the masses (hence the fact he pointed out "mondasian" being used in a press release for normal people)

I think he'll write an episode or two for Chibnall. But regarding Series 10, I genuinely think he's been surprised by how good it is.

Pretty sure Jesus 10 integrated it into his matrices or something.

The Master unveiled the device aboard Valiant, when he used to stop Jack Harkness from intervening the Toclafane invasion and age the Doctor. He compared it to the Doctor's sonic screwdriver, stating, "Laser screwdriver. Who'd have sonic?" He later used the screwdriver to shoot at (and kill) Thomas Milligan. (TV: The Sound of Drums / Last of the Time Lords)

The device was later seen in the Doctor's TARDIS. Amy Pond attached it to the console to power the ship's tractor beam and pull the Eleventh Doctor out of a riptide in spacetime. (GAME: TARDIS) It remained in the console after that. (GAME: The Gunpowder Plot)

>10 votes for 1/10
Wow, it really made the boardies ree that bad?

STAND UP IN THE PRESENCE OF YOUR BETTERS

Anyone done a gif yet of the Doctor punching the racist plonker?

Lord Sutcliffe did nothing wrong.

Easily the best episode of the season so far, quite good.

no but claudia has already done a 10-video series on it, her magnum opus to be frank with you

Most of tumblr is ignoring 99% of the episode in favour of doing just that.

Audience Share.

20.3% of the audience watched Doctor Who last night.

>tfw got 9 and 11's sonic, simm's laser and river's sonic
>tfw no desire to get 12's sonic because it's ugly as fuck and the novelty's worn off

It appears so. Love a bit of Daily Mail readership reeing.