Indonesia is actually quite big

is more like widely spread out than people think

And somehow got controlled for over a hundred years by a country as small as the Netherlands

Size doesn't matter.

pretty embarrassing how they're irrelevant

keep telling that urself wh*Te boy

Do they have TIGERS or SPACE?

True. I think Singapore is one of the most relevant SEA cunts despite being tiny as fuck.

it's pretty difficult to maintain union with big islands apart from one to each other back thenm8

N-Nihon-kun, what are you... Y-your Noto is... Kyaaaaa~!

Not when you have absolute naval superiority.

we had so many kingdoms that sometimes hated to each other back then

except we don't, we're jungle oriented

So did the Dutch federate Indonesia? Like how India went from being lots of kingdoms before the British to a federated country after the British

divide and conquer of course is the very essence of imperialism, but being able to effectively control sea access do to technological superiority contributed to the netherlands being able to control what is essentially a huge archipelago.

Thats because Indo-nesia didnt exist before Nethalands created them

Fun fact
the only who kept resisting dutch until the end of 19th century in indonesia is Aceh sultanate, the islamic one
led by cut nyak dien, a woman
actually, it's opposite
the meneer (dutch) who unified us

There is Nusantara, a kind of unitary concept like chinese Zhongguo from 14th century, it include all of Indonesia minus papua, Malaysia, Singapore, and Brunei
Our first president tried to revive it by konfrontasi war with Malaysia but failed

says the 2m man

SEA is about as big as Europe.

It really makes you

Hard to do that with weak metallurgy, we fell for Alberto Barbossa memes saying that their cannon is best in Yurop then found out Bong outranged everyone by a mile.
I want our money back Portugal.

>so many borders
>diverse ethnicity
>diverse languages
>overall foresty

SEA is literally a retarded version of Europe.

Someone appreciates this post.

The most relevant country in Southeast Asia is the Philippines, followed by Thailand and Myanmar.

Vietnam is part of East Asia and Indonesia is its own region.

>From the arrival of the first Dutch ships in the late 16th century, to the declaration of independence in 1945, Dutch control over the Indonesian archipelago was always tenuous. Although Java was dominated by the Dutch, many areas remained independent throughout much of this time, including Aceh, Bali, Lombok and Borneo. There were numerous wars and disturbances across the archipelago as various indigenous groups resisted efforts to establish a Dutch hegemony, which weakened Dutch control and tied up its military forces. Piracy remained a problem until the mid-19th century. Finally in the early 20th century, imperial dominance was extended across what was to become the territory of modern-day Indonesia.

This is what I'm basing my interpretation on. The dutch controlled the seas and the shores, but their influence didn't extend as far inland in most cases as they'd like to believe until the 1900's, except in java. As long as they got their spices and valuable metals (main source of income) I assume they let the people be more or less autonomous. Compare this to north america or australia where the locals got completely run over.

Can't just run over jungle tribes when you need to island hop and malaria and cholera makes short work of your army.
SEA doesn't have the massive east asia/ME/yurop hundreds of thousands army battle for a reason. Just going out at night is enough to get malaria and kill you.

t. flip
You have to go back (once your maid contract expires, anyway).

>What is different cartographic projections

Just fucking stop using that site.

The reason for this was that it wasnt the dutch nation that controlled it per se. It was the dutch east india trading company which took care of the matter there with little oversight from the government.

And because it was a company their main focus was to make money. For this end you dont really need complete controll as long as the natives just did what you wanted them to do.

This changed around 1900 when the Netherlands wanted to compete on the global scale with the other powers and started to wrestle for full controll of Indonesia.

That site scales according to size dumbfuck. It was created to compare sizes on a Mercator map.