Ok, quick question about Guardians 2:

Ok, quick question about Guardians 2:

Did Ego ever explain why he put the tumour in Meredith's head? Couldn't he have just let her live?

He's just an asshole

He couldn't stay away from her and she was getting in the way if his goals. He explained it in a pretty straightforward way. Guy was a cunt.

The pussy game was too strong. If she was around he'd give up his evil plan.

he was falling in love with her and almost made him stay on earth permanently

It's either
>he killed her so he wouldn't have to return
or
>their interaction caused the tumor , he did know that would happen, but he did it anyway

>you realise Ego would have had to learn thousands of different alien cultures languages, social cues and mating rituals
>still wants to turn every planet in the universe into a blue goop

Was he a straight up sociopath or on a a whole new plane of enlightenment?

he was an evil white male

Straight white male. The worst kind of evil.

He couldn't bring himself to just leave her.

His name said it all, he was so up his own ass no matter what cultures he learned or who he met, he always thought they'd be insignificant compared to himself

But he identifies as a planet

>that young CGI Kurt
>that young CGI in a bunch of Old/dead actors

Soo the next step of Disney master plan is just make movies without actors right?shit is scary

There will be a time someday when instead of hiring real actors it's going to be cheaper, easier, more profitable to resurrect dead ones with CGI.

Thankfully we will be long dead by then.

he loved the sea

>spend millions of years mastering the art of social behaviour across the universe
>doesn't read the situation well enough to realize that his son might take offense to him just blurting out inserting a tumour into his mother
Could this not have been revealed in some other way? Like Pratt watching one of Ego's logs in that room, seeing the one that depicts his mother getting the tumour or something?
So forced.

How in the fuck do people have trouble understanding why Ego planted the tumor in Meredith when he flat out states the reason he did it.

He thought Peter would think like he did and embrace his master plan.
His name is LITERALLY Ego, of course he's fucking full of himself.

So what is the reason

Meredith even existing was enough to pull Ego away from his purpose.
He killed Meredith because he wanted to fully devote himself to his purpose.

>he realised that if she was alive he wouldn't be able to leave her
>plants a tumour in her head
>leaves her
>she doesn't die for another ten years

Uh, what? Different user here but I'm with OP. The tumour made literally zero sense.
Leaving the mum made sense, sure. If he didn't leave her then, he never would. Sure. The tumour, though, made no sense. Putting a bullet into her head the day after she gave birth to Quill would make sense. Making it so that one day she'll die does not.
It was just a shitty little thing to put in the script to make Quill dramatically and suddenly pull out his guns and attack for the comedy/excitement of the moment.

He had to go back to his planet to recharge, he probably couldn't wait for Meredith to give birth.
And he didn't WANT to kill Meredith, he felt he HAD to.
By planting the tumor in Meredith he made it easier on HIMSELF.

Man, 10 years for Ego is like if she died 5 minutes after getting the tumour

You're kidding right? 10 years would be nothing to him

This. I'm getting worried about this board, it doesn't used to be like this. Paying attention to the movie is not something too difficult to do doesn't it?

He really doesn't. He states the reason he left her. The very last thing in his entire speech is him adding that by the way I also gave her cancer. He doesn't utter a single word of explanation after this.

>it's an user can't put 1 and 1 together episode
He put the tumor in Meredith's head because Meredith existing made Ego forget his purpose.
If Meredith was gone, Ego could focus on his mission.
It's not fucking rocket science, you retarded monkey.
He LITERALLY says he HAD to give Meredith the tumor.
Why would he have to kill Meredith if not to remove her influence on him?

okay so maybe wait like half an hour then and she'll die of old age anyway without all the horrible pain of having a tumour and all of the radiation therapy that goes with it.

either time passes more quickly for Ego or it doesn't; you can't have it both ways.
either she's dead before he even thinks about returning to her (in which case the tumour is pointless) or he feels the passage of time just like we do and merely lives longer than us and should've just snapped his fingers and 'sploded her.
either way the tumour is dumb. it was lazy and just thrown in for one final thing to make Starlord go apeshit.

But over the next ten years while Meredith suffered from the tumour in her head, Ego was still out fulfilling his purpose, right?
Why not just leave her, she would've died in another ten years when he terraformed Earth anyway.

>should've just snapped his fingers and 'sploded her
He didn't want to kill Meredith, though.

>she would've died in another ten years when he terraformed Earth anyway.
By GotG2, it's been 26 years since Meredith died.
And what part of
>Ego would have gone to Earth specifically for Meredith and completely give up on his purpose and die on Earth if Meredith was alive
don't you fucking understand?
Was the movie really that hard to follow?
And yet Sup Forums calls Marvel movies dumbed down for the average moviegoer.
Jesus you people really are sub 80 IQ monkeys.

>It's not fucking rocket science, you retarded monkey.
You're being deliberately obtuse. We know that's the reason we're supposed to eat up, we're just saying it's illogical.

>be virtually omnipotent
>impregnate literally thousands of alien women from thousands of worlds in order to create a child that can join you in murdering all other life
>fall in love with one such woman
>realise you have to get away from her or she might sway you from your mission
>leave a tumour in her head that'll kill her in ten years on the exact night her son is to be retrieved and brought to you so you can hopefully kill her alongside everyone else anyway
Surely you see where that falls apart. I even went back and edited it to make it sound as unbiased as possible. Two other anons (I'm phone-posting, can't be bothered scrolling to (You) them) have already said, and I agree, that this tumour line was a final inclusion to really drive home that he was an irredeemable bad guy and it was time for him to die now.

YOUR MOM IS SUCH A WHORE SHE FUCKED AN ENTIRE PLANET HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

For a guy calling the other dude a monkey, you could at least learn how to greentext.
Also, if Yondu hadn't withheld Quill from Ego, it wouldn't have been twenty-six years.
Or are you assuming that Ego foresaw that?

what the fuck i thought robin williams died

He gave her a tumor as his sick way of euthanasia
He knew that if he had let the mom live he would have to take Quill away from Her, breaking her heart and he couldnt probably do it, he wouldnt have let the ravagers do it as well as why would the most egotistic fuck trust these bandits not to rape the love of your life

Is this movie out now?

Ego did nothing wrong

Hollywood and America will be better for it.

Everywhere but third world countries.

She tempted him to stay on Earth and forgo his 'purpose', so he killed her so he'd have no reason to return and nothing would get in the way of his goal.

genuinely the best part of the flick

I'm pretty pissed they killed Yondu. He would've been much better than Kraglin as a guardian.

>that young CGI Kurt

Actually the studio said to achieve that effect he shaved his beard, dyed his hair and CGI touch ups were used to remove a couple wrinkles, otherwise that was Kurt

Are we in agreement? Best Marvel villain since Loki?

i think it was mostly practical effects and old movies footage and minimal CGI

is there a camrip of this anywhere? I don't want to go out in public, let alone spend 15 dollars for a movie ticket

>killed Yondu
>Yondu is in Infinity War
Really makes you think.

Was that Cate Blanchett's character in the end-credits?

Is Drax /ourguy/?

>always speaks his mind
>can't understand sarcasm
>laughs at inappropriate moments

With Stakar and the diamond guy?
No.

He also recognizes gooks are surgery fuck ups

Alright then, had a similar look to her

are guys sure?

i thought she was here for sure but then second cameo wasnt looking like her but did they delibaretly did this shit? because she looked like her

>I even went back and edited it

The woman at the end with Stakar and the others is the Ravager commander that pays her respects to Yondu.

No, early screenings

Cates characters name is Hela.
This chick says Hell Yea
Coincidence?

Rooker is confirmed?

its out in my country

Mah dude.

Killing her makes sure there's nothing to go back to, she was in the way other ways, with Peter too as far as his plans for Peter.

He left and made sure he burned the bridge. Sometimes you gotta make sure you can't go back, so you make it impossible.

Yeah he says he visited her three times and claims if he went back to her a fourth time he probably would have forgotten everything he wanted to do with creating more life of himself on thousands of worlds since she was amongst the first to be impregnated by him. So he admits he gave her brain cancer to finally be free of her.

He didn't know if Peter had his "light" by that point though. Yondu took him for Ego but found out Peter could use Ego's powers and decided to hide him from Ego figuring out why he wanted the boy brought in.

>let me make you suffer for years with this tumor instead of killing you on spot

Yeah but I wouldn't say it's down to him being written any better than the others, it's just because they gave him actual screen time.

>Did Ego ever explain why he put the tumour in Meredith's head? Couldn't he have just let her live?
Not really, it was stupid

>a guy called Ego does egotistical things
Really makes you think.

You really want to make him a prick? Here's how you do it:

Make it so that he's perfectly aware that bearing his children kills the mothers. Make him an even more detestable prick by making it obvious that he's completely oblivious to why people find his unwillingness to stop so horrible. Let him be that asshole that "loved them all." the galactic equivalent of a deadbeat dad.

Fixed your shit, Disney. Where the fuck's my check.

same shit happened with loki too

thor 1 avengers thor 2

and thor 3

>but found out Peter could use Ego's powers
Yondu didn't know Peter could use the light on Ego, though.
He just had a change of heart about bringing more kids to Ego, Peter just happened to be the one he chose to save.

are you serious, this film was so shit and hamfisted, it is not at all unlikley they could make his characters fairy dust fly back to him home planet where he magically regenerates ffs, THIS FUCKIN FILM HOLY FUCKIN SHIT WASTED A PERFECTLY interesting concept with EGO into dude evil dad, we desperatly needed a villian, because we dont know how to write a script without one, even before he was "EVIL" and gaboara was saying it dosnt feel right here, i was thinking wtf you talking about it felt so forced even in that context, like without doing anything to set him up to be bad they were alredy trying to force it on us without context, jeez, what a shit film, made watchable only by the actor of drax and his sheer likeabily and nothing else even christ pratt was fucking shit in this, hamming it in on every lie, the forced drama between him and rocket, and fuck groot, really honestly FUCK GROOT

Show me on the doll where the movie touched you inappropriately, user.