Thoughts on Attack on Titan TV show?

Thoughts on Attack on Titan TV show?

Da dadada dadad dad Daaaaaaaaaaa

super lame.
Characters are all unrelateable edgelords.
Armin is the most annoying faggot i've ever seen in a show.
Cool setting but the artstyle looks pretty bad, it's like the characters have these huge outlines and pop out of the background.
Babbys first anime.

1st season was cool. God-tier soundtrack, pretty good animations, and the starting half did a great job drawing in its viewers.

Unfortunately ive caught up with the Manga, and the series is fucked to all hell. For every question answered, 3 more get asked. Theres an annoying 'bloodlines' plot in there, and Titanshifting had lost its appeal considering pretty much anyone can do it.

shit

unrelatable, unlikeable characters who all die all the time
fucktarded premise and emeny
fucktarded tech that lets them "fly" around

shit

>Next week on AoT: 20 minutes of even more questions!

Shitty anime, but I want to lick Mikasa's abs

>8 people on the entire planet can shift at any one time
>pretty much anyone can do it
Are you retarded? I think you are retarded

Poor ripoff of Evangelion.

>mysterious monsters attack a fortress city after a period of peace from the last attack but one boy has a special hidden power to activate beast mode and fucking wreck shit and he has a silent girlfriend

I don't read the manga, but the last 2 episodes focusing on Christa and Ymir have been way more interesting than anything involving Mikasa and the annoying MC who only communicates in shouting. Shame Ymir is dead now and they'll probably go back to the boring shit.

>if something bears even the slightest resemblance to something else, or if I can pretend it does, and I don't like it, then it is a "ripoff"
Every time.

i want to rub my dick up and down them like a washing board

When did anime become some degenerate?

Our main cast is a mary sure, a tryhard and a betamax. No amount of animation can make up for the annoyance I felt just watching them on screen, their every interaction some sort of edgy farce until woops, titans are here and it's time to fly around with 2 swords and retarded clothes.
And BLOOOD, so mature and epic!

She isn't dead yet

Did I mention he has a mysterious father manipulating everything? And a dead mother?

So entertainment should not have any blood in it, regardless of what it's about?

This does nothing to invalidate what I said.

And then, as a twist, it turns out that mankind was the real enemy all along!

>And a dead mother?
literally every protagonist ever

Wow, you convinced me, this show really is just like Fullmetal A... Evangelion.

It's a lot of things, but it's not an eva ripoff.
Japan has an obsessions with big things coming and wrecking their towns and being afraid of it coming back, I'm not sure I can pinpoint exactly why...

The structure is completely different, EVA is a deconstruction of the anime genre while AoT is unironically wallowing in trite tropes.

In our current media climate (including japanese) blood means not for kids and mature. Personally I don't have anything against kids seeing gore, but it's cheap to use blood as a cheap tool to rope in teenagers.
It's tacky in it's execution imo, but it's far from the biggest problems with AoT.

I'm pretty sure the title sequence changes every episode this season but I am not going back to check.

I was actually really into it until Eren went all titan. The tone of everything just kind of died for me right than and there. I'm fine with the idea of evil titan shifters, but I thought it was going to be more about the human struggle against monster.

This was why I didn't really like it.
As soon as you-know-which comes back to life you realize it's just another /m/ show disguised as something new.
What Japan lacks in originality they fill with pretentiousness and over the top visuals

>pretty good animations
No, not really

I didn't say it was a bad rip-off.

Yeah, the atmosphere before that was one of hopelessness.
The tension kindof dies at that point.

>poor rip-off
>I didn't call it a bad ripoff

u amuse me

>ANYTHING japanese being even remotely original

Japanese culture is shallow as fuck and got wiped out during the meiji era which was akin to Mao's China in terms of dismantling and appropriating tradition. They rip everything off the west, anime most blatantly.

i don't know i'm not watching it but came to say: if you keep watching this new season you loved the first haha

What does Evangelion rip off from?

Yup, after that it just became another super special chosen one thing. Show would have been absolutely awesome if they had just left him dead. The death of the character you thought was going to be the protagonist would have really been great for setting a hopeless tone and the idea that anyone could die.

Shitty vore anime that somehow got a normie following

meh there's a show like that where they introduce a cast of characters, kill them all, have episode two introduce a new cast, have the same OP samurai come and murder them all and then I stopped watching.

Wasn't that bad though.

They're fucked at that point anyways. We got annoying faggot armin and mary sue, all the other characters have such a miniscule role that we couldn't really switch focus to them.

FLIP YOUR SHIT FLAPPER

Not much to rip off from the west these days though.

Doesn't matter how long you try to keep this up, it won't change anything.

I wish people would just criticize things honestly instead of engaging in these mental gymnastics.

It has blood in it because it's about humans using swords to fight against giants that eat humans. It has nothing to do with "roping in teenagers," and teenagers are a Western bogeyman anyway. Also Attack on Titan runs in a shounen magazine, so teenagers are included in the target audience to begin with.

>ANYTHING japanese being even remotely original
A lot of their stuff is.

>Japanese culture is shallow as fuck and got wiped out during the meiji era which was akin to Mao's China in terms of dismantling and appropriating tradition
Pre-Meiji culture was not wiped out.

>They rip everything off the west
No they don't, and if they did then Westerners wouldn't constantly be bawling their eyes out because anime is so weird and different and stupid and degenerate.

>anime most blatantly
In what possible way did they rip off anime from the West?

Bro, I get what your saying but Jean is about the only good thing left in the show.

no good. too many unanswered questions, not enough plot development.

characters tend to inner monologue too much. i don't need you to explain how you are feeling. this is a trope with a lot of anime tho.

Cockona?

sounds like gurren lagann now that you mention it. but at least that one is kind of fun.

>implying the west isn't doing that shit to a far greater extent

Legend of Korra / ATLA, Samurai Jack, Pacific Rim, Godzilla, GitS, Death Note, Transformers, Power Rangers, tons of japanese horror movie remakes... the list goes on and on.

what anime should i watch Sup Forums

Kemono Friends.

>There are people who literally get angry about blood

Monster Musume

don't bother

I'm up to date on the manga and I've disliked the answer to almost all the mysteries. I mean I hate this Marley shit so much and now there are guns and planes it's not really what I was expecting or wanted.

From going to a world where Titans were feared, to going to one where they could be controlled, to going to one where someone can control the memories of an entire race of people to going to one where Titans soon won't be much of a threat, because modern technology.

I don't know. It feels like he has no end goal, or really any structure to the story at all and is just going from chapter to chapter at this point, writing a story he's clearly not allowed to end for at least another 3 years. But yeah, an all out three way non linear war story with another band of humans is not what I wanted, and the manga has suffered a lot from this Marley shit.

Yuri on Ice

Spiral: The bonds of reasoning

Sergey quick get the Koskenkorva

Dagashi Kashi

Madoka magica

not Berserk, since it is a CGI shitfest now and even the author doesn't give a fuck
>more then a month wait time for new manga
>16 pages

>First few episodes kinda like it
>Eren gets "killed" thought it was ballsy
>No wait he actually turns into titans lmao
Dropped it after that episode. It was far more interesting with the soldiers fighting a hopeless battle. That turning into titans killed it for me.

>when too many people argue with you and you know there's no point trying to take on five anons at once

This is just like that time I started the nihilism thread on Sup Forums and then realized I didn't care about arguing.

I'm so out of the loop. I Kind of gave up during the turkey titan arc.

>what is (bio)mecha genre

watamote

Anime thread?

Why are these allowed to exist?

It went from a bleak story about humanity's losing battle with these mysterious monsters to DUDE TITAN BOXING LMAO. And beyond that it gets even more convoluted.

i wasn't arguing dude ;_;

>he has a silent girlfriend

Neither Rei nor Asuka liked Shinji.

>nihilist
>dude AoT is just like Evangelion

I still love you though, user

So far he has only used the titan form a few times and he is very bad at it. It's still mostly humans fighting titans and things going fubar.

>japanese story telling

>Evangelion is original

Lol

>Armin is the most annoying faggot i've ever seen in a show.

Before I actually caught the Team Four Star abridgement of Attack on Titan I assumed without knowing any better they were going to play up exactly the sorts of characteristics people dislike about Armin. Instead what they did with him was so funny it was *cruel*...

Why's that dude wearing a bra?

>American story telling

you're gay

I only watched til episode 11 or so, what happened to armin?
I just remember him becoming more and more beta loser every episode.

>I actually caught the Team Four Star abridgement

Time to stop posting now.

your weab is showing, but anime is literally the result of the japanese copying western comics and animation due to american influence. Pre-Meiji culture was totally wiped out and modern Japan is a soulless hellhole. Sorry to destroy your delusions.

Westerners call it stupid and degenerate because that is what it is, not because it has original concepts.

does the giant monkey titan get fucked up

>Team Four Star

Fuck off 12 year old

>DUDE WE ARE JEWS IMPRISONED ON MADGASCAR LMAO

Poor old user. Did you really think you could compete?

>western comics and animation

for people who don't like advancing giants attack on titan you asslords sure do have a lot to say about it
fucking old maids

>t. I started reading Berserk in 2016

>Boruto Naruto next generations

The fuck is this? Didn't the Naruto manga just end like last year? How do they already have enough material for a sequel?

>your weab is showin
You don't even know what that means.

>anime is literally the result of the japanese copying western comics and animation due to american influence
You are talking about Osamu Tezuka, who was a noted Disney fan and created manga as we know it and produced the first anime, Astro Boy. But there's really nothing Disney about Astro Boy, aside from the character designs resembling American cartoons. And the further away from Astro Boy you go, the less resemblance there is to American cartoons.

Anime is completely different from both Disney and American animation at large.

>Pre-Meiji culture was totally wiped out
It wasn't.

>modern Japan is a soulless hellhole
It isn't.

>Westerners call it stupid and degenerate because that is what it is, not because it has original concepts.
How is that possible if it's a copy of Western media?

>Naruto
>material

>Westerm cartoons

Evangelion is actually good though

excuse me sir asuka luuvs shinji

>blonde girl is gay
DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D

Japan couldn't rip off western comics even if they wanted to because there is literally nothing of worth to rip off.

I like the fighting parts. And I like putting on incongruous music to listen to while they do it.

REKT
E
K
T

This.
If it wasn't for disney cartoons, anime wouldn't even exist

This
Western comics are fucking trash.

bah, casuals

ITT: Post anime you're watching and if you like

Watching Parasyte it's pretty good.

Watched through the first season but don't care to watch the second.

"It's an anime" sums it up, basically. I mean I don't have anything against giant monsters tearing each other apart in an over-the-top and violent manner but it's stuffed with too much shitty fluff.

No shit. If it wasn't for Disney, modern animation in general would have never existed. Disney's 9 old men literally taught the world how to animate. Doesn't mean anime nowadays gives a shit about western animation, let alone rips it off.

That's possible, but you could continue that chain of reasoning all the way to the dawn of history.