Are there any underrated foods in your country that most foreigners don't know about?

Are there any underrated foods in your country that most foreigners don't know about?

There is no such food I can think of in Canada, but pic is apparently a popular Japanese dish (tonkatsu) that a lot of foreigners miss out on.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/T0TYCEXmi90
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spezi
youtu.be/4S-8gF9GFJo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

For leafs: POUTINE

I FUCKING LOVE POUTINE

Brazil has so many different foods that not even a brazilian can know them all, Everywhere you go there will be a delicius dish that you didnt know existed.

I specially like the rural food from south brazil, lots of pork dishes, love pork meat btw.

tonkatsu is just schnitzel covered in panko. hardly revolutionary. their dipping sauce is like no other though.

i think the coxinha is criminally under-recognized by foreigners desu

This one. with gravy sauce or cheese.
Loaf shaped one is quite known but worthless.

But it could be kept unrecognized so that I could cherish my business chance to open my shop in secret.

everyone knows tonkatsu

I make tonkatsu all the time. Pic related is Manhattan-style clam chowder. Really good.

no, everything's overrated as fuck instead

Everyone knows tonkatu, you fucking homoslut.

Maybe if you're a weeaboo.

jesus christ is that m->f or f->m?

People know katsu. It's just not that good. For Japan something like okonomiyaki would be a better choice.

Hell yeah. Our clam chowders are awesome and Manhatten is often even forgotten by Americans even though it's great.

Do foreigners know about corn bread? And johnny cakes?

People don't know katsu.

I hadn't heard of it before coming to Japan.

American BBQ.

Foreigners just know about burgers, fries, and pizza.

People here started to offer "beef" katsu for the expecting demand of our respectable Muslim customers.

What's special about the American BBQ ?

Dude, so many Japanese and Hawaiian restaurants serve katsu. You're probably either unobservant or a teenager.

Roasted pork belly. Hard to get though. Some chicken rice/noodle hawker stores might sell you a watered down version in small amounts.

I'm not the one who suggested it but:

Very regionally varied in terms of spices, rubs and sauces. I really only like mustard or vinegar based sauces. Not the sweet shit.

Here's a very cool Sup Forums related video that includes American BBQ
youtu.be/T0TYCEXmi90

It’s fucking delicious, and varies from region to region which is why it doesn’t really leave the states. KC BBQ and Texas BBQ are the 2 most famous kinds.

Both

Zwiebelrostbraten

Schupfnudeln, best Sauerkraut dish

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spezi

huh, it actually is american. how about that...

>manhattan clam ''''''chowder''''''

t. fatty
That shit is at least three-quarters fat by volume

we spend way too long making it and we chimp out when we waste time so we've convinced ourselves we're not shitty and it just tastes better this way

>tomato based over cream based
literally the worst possible opinion, and i'm from manhattan.

What about poutine bolognese? Tire d'érable sur la neige ?

I've actually had tonkatsu several times, or at least my dad's best replication of the recipe.

As for Slovenian cuisine, I am bothered by the fact that Slovenes are such goddamn exotomaniacs and are only interested in Med and Balkan culture in all their forms. Half of the Slovenian recipes you see in cookbooks meant for foreigners are from border regions where Serbs, Hungarians or Italians live and most of the time I don't even recognise them as Slovenian food. Slovenians are ashamed of the fact that a standard meal in Slovenia consists of fried chicken, potatoes and sauerkraut and would much rather eat kebab and fish. So, fried chicken, roasts, wienerschnitzel, a sausage or blood sausage, etc., not some fucking decorated bread from some minority Serbian place that's literally two meters away from the Croatian border, that ain't Slovenia imo.

Retard

that's literally a chicken milanesa

Everybody knows about our meme foods, but no one bothers trying to taste them seriously.

youtu.be/4S-8gF9GFJo

That's because it's a real-life meme food that no one actually likes.

Künefe
but one serving is like 500 kcal, that's why obesity is problem here

It's an Amerigoblin.

So....you eat mud?

Speak for yourself. Mämmi is decent as long as you add some sugar in it, and I've always bee. the person who dislikes it the most in my family.

No

>as long as you add some sugar
So, does it taste like liver paste or something?
It seems being made from clot of blood or something.

well since im from shit hole amurrica it's boycotting most other cuisine already.

however i've had plenty of cuisine that is to die for in this country,

try The Fusion if you ever end up in northern MI.
get almond chicken in frankfort MI at least once.

if you really don't like it, tell them.

>does it taste like liver paste or something?
Not really, it doesn't have any meat in it and it's mostly made from rye. If you've eaten rye bread it kind of tastes like a mix of that and porridge, which it pretty much is.

that's just schnitzel for weebs

That's just a schnitzel/milanese with a weeb name

Literally all of them.