5 English teams enter Knockout Stages

>5 English teams enter Knockout Stages
>Only 2 make it to the Last 8

How could this have happened?
It was supposed to be coming home.
Spanish dominance was supposed to finally end.

Attached: 318271da980706f7a18a811c3456a77d.png (633x758, 29K)

literally the same amount of Serie A clubs remaining
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Spurs and Chelsea were always being knocked out though. The only surprise was Manure and they're fun to laugh at

not Spurs
If you get a draw away from home - you're the favourites.

*score draw
united lost because mouyes played for a 0-0 in the away leg

Don't worry lad according to BT, Chelsea were excellent today and have a lot of positives to take away from their 3-0 defeat. They had lots of possession like NO TEAM does against Barca!
And according to BT, for United, it was just "one of those nights". Across both legs obviously. It happens.
I'm not sure about what happened to Tottenham but it was obviously just two simple mistakes leading to the goals. That's it.

Attached: 1376013314319.jpg (288x268, 92K)

From the looks of it he was playing for a 0-0 in the home leg too

>caring about a league

lol

>internatinally irrelevant team drawing 2-2 away and losing 1-2 to Juventus at home while dominating pretty much both matches for +90% of the time
vs
>the mighty United drawing 0-0 away and losing 1-2 to Sevilla at home while being dominated in both matches 100% of the time
We all know which was more embarrassing.

Based Spain

Attached: image.jpg (1056x619, 193K)

>internatinally irrelevant team
>two UEFA Cups
>1 Cup Winners Cup
>More international silverware than Arsenal
Apologise

Attached: pepetot.png (785x733, 313K)

>wanting your rivals to qualify

I seriously hope you guys don't do this

Attached: 1455465734613.jpg (960x720, 56K)

embarrassing post

Even if Arsenal have accomplished next to nothing in their entire European history, they at least made a CL final, which is a far greater achievement than the few mickey mouse cups Spurs have won.

You'll still win the world cup. Football is finally coming home.

>2nd place trophy in the trophy cabinet

According to your logic Arsenal is having a better season than Tottenham right now because they won the Emirates Cup

It could have something to do with English teams not being good at playing football

Better than you mate

Cheers Geoff

Emirates Cup is a pre-season tournament for sponsors. Hence why goals scored in this tournament aren't counted towards totals.

Spurs won a competitive European competition, something Arsenal didn't manage.

But it will come home.

Attached: kloppo.jpg (1200x630, 97K)

Arsenal HAVE won a European Competition

By that logic, fucking LIVERPOOL are still a relevant team in 2018. Get a grip ffs.

>two mickey mouse trophies won in the 70s and 80s
>one defunct trophy won in the 60s
>more international silverware than a team with barely any pedigree of success outside of England
>internationally relevant
Come on. Spurs haven't even made the semi-finals of a European competition in over 30 years. Barely anyone in their squad was alive the last time they won a European trophy.

Don't think Spurs fans should be using trophies in any sort of argument tbqh. The only argument you have for currently being a big club is having a decent squad, that's where it ends. I guess soon you'll have a big stadium as well, but then again the North Korean national team have the biggest capacity football stadium in the world..

>expecting spuds and chelsea to get through

the only shambles here is >mouyes getting knocked out by sevilla

Attached: pepmou.jpg (2518x1024, 425K)

We are, hence why you are mentioning us out of nowhere in a completely unrelated discussion

Attached: 1392248416489.jpg (620x930, 69K)

Is there any explanation for this phenomenon?

Why, year after year, do so many EPL clubs stacked with cash rich money rosters fail to get past mediocre La Liga/Bundesliga squads

Funny thing is I'm pretty sure Man City will win it anyway so all these other early dropouts don't make much difference.

Barca were not impressive against Chelsea and mostly went through because of Chelsea's awful defensive/goalkeeping failings combined with luckless final third finishing.

Madrid have been dodgy this season, Bayern don't look as good as before. PSG already out. Juve might caused Man City problems but they might not even get to face them.

rooting for you in champions league la'

>implying La Liga is not a pyramid scheme run by and for Qatarlona and Halal Madrid to perpetuate the illusion that the Spanish league is "good"

Attached: 689431089.jpg (600x400, 49K)

I was using you as an example of how trophies won when the Soviet Union was still a thing do not make you a relevant team today.

Because we play at a higher tempo in the EPL and get burnt out while Madrid/Barcelona/Bayern Munich play slow matches against the likes of Malaga every week and are well rested to take on EPL sides.

We’re going all the way la

Attached: 07BC513D-EF4B-40A5-8BEE-D90709AB685F.png (534x627, 60K)

after watching the remaining teams i think it's a distinct possibility

Cheers la, #6 is coming

Meanwhile in Belgian football....

Attached: article-0-02A70C2A0000044D-729_964x682.jpg (964x682, 299K)

2 in the quarters is good for England though.
Last time you had 2 was in 2014, and more than 2 was in 2011

This could maybe explain a few losses every now and again, not continuous losses year after year. Yeah Barca and Real have the advantage of being able to attract any footballer on the planet even from other top clubs, but that doesn't explain why Atletico and Sevilla seem to always come out on top against PL sides, who also spend a lot more.

The absolute state of having Arsenal be the best bet for an English club to win a European trophy this year

Those first two greentexts are absolute bullshit.

Only because they're in the shit tier competition. City or Liverpool would walk that if they were in it

who are Man City

About to be destroyed in the quarters is who the are

Ah yes I'm sure they will be destroyed if they are paired against Roma, Sevilla or Juve

one sevilla please

Attached: shopping.jpg (378x363, 33K)

why wouldn't they?
they lost to Shaktar and Basel, they seem to struggle outside EPL

Lmao literally just yesterday I was wondering why we don't have any Manager CHAD memes

Sevilla has quite the habit of btfo'ing English clubs

>Atletico and Sevilla seem to always come out on top against PL sides
Didn't Sevilla get eliminated by a midtable Leicester team last time around? Short memory.

>phoned it in for 2 dead rubber games
>struggle

just like last time eh?

Attached: sevilla.jpg (962x648, 124K)

Did you try to use your brain, even for one second, to think of the reason as to why they lost the second leg to Basel, and the last group stage game to Waxtap?

>Sup Forums
>using a brain

>btfo'ing English clubs
>dusted by midtable shitters

Attached: 653346086.jpg (1024x683, 369K)

City hasn't been tested this season by a strong side yet. I am still not convinced, sorry. they have no internal opponents, and it will cost them when they face a giant.

6th Spanish team easily rape 6th EpLeL team. 5th - 5th. Goes like this

Its actually harder for Barca to win against Hetafe than for MC to win against stock

Brits are juat better at marketing and good image on TV

>before Hillsborough
>8 European Cups
>after Hillsborough
>4 Champions Leagues

Attached: 1521003142851.jpg (640x640, 36K)

>they have no internal opponents
They have a hell of a lot more than teams like Bayern and Juve who won their leagues 6 times running

but those teams have European pedigree to make up for it.
City even lost to Monaco last year, they are weak mind club

Chelsea are a decent team that usually fair well in European competition, and they've been completely outclassed by City in the league this season. Meanwhile Chelsea were able to create many chances against Barca.

>comparing last years city to this years city

>last year
They finished third 8 points behind Spurs and 3 ahead of Arselel
This year they're 20 points clear in first. There's no comparison

Don't worry la, the man who solved football, England's Brave Pep Guardiola has it in the bag.

I wonder if last year's Chelsea would still be beaten by this year's City.

Last year Chelsea were a true step up with Costa, Matic and Luiz.

they also comfortably matched barcelona last year when claudio "brainfart" bravo wasn't playing

Attached: smug fernandinho.jpg (400x400, 19K)

>Zinchenko is their main fullback
>Stones is their CB
>Walker's defensive prowess
They will get exposed.

probably, the 1-3 game at the etihad was dominated by City and they would have comfortably won it if de bruyne hadn't somehow missed that sitter. iirc their goals came from fast breaks which would be easier to defend with walker than the pensioners in the squad last season.

it's the feeling I get too. their squad looks weak, they do have Pep, and I believe he is the best coach in the world. if they are able to eliminate one of Juve, Bayern, Real or Barça in the quarters, I will consider them very strong candidates to the CL though.

>Zinchenko is their main fullback

*blocks your path*

Attached: goat left back.jpg (634x564, 68K)

Yes. I'd say that they are the second best PL team ever, after Chelsea 04-05. Conceding only 15 goals in a league season is a truly epic achievement.

Attached: chels 04 05.png (900x138, 13K)

i don't think either liverpool or man city are close to the level you need to win the epl.
basically you need a epl best XI (or best 22 across 2 teams) to complete because that's essentially what real, barca, juve and bayern have in their respective leagues.

As in current year City are the second best PL side ever. Chelsea's squad in that year.

Attached: chels 04 05.png (1132x663, 62K)

>epl best XI

that's called Manchester City

>Conceding only 15 goals in a league season is a truly epic achievement.
Definitely. It's amazing.

Not to mention they almost repeated Arsenal's invincible season expect with less draws and more wins. A really unexpected away loss to ironically City was their only defeat.

I've always thought it was silly that arsenal fans go on about their invincibles year yet Chelsea had that insane record the next year and they aren't mentioned as much

>Loans England's number 1 keeper to Torino
Lost

They also won like 10 Europa Leagues in a row just before that.

>taking what this lad says seriously

Attached: PROD-Robbie-Savage.jpg (615x409, 32K)

>implying Barcelona was even trying

That's why I want to see them draw City and City to score early. I wanna see what they can actually do without limp dick like they have entire season.

Attached: Juve v Spurs.png (1401x1030, 699K)

they lost to a city with zabaleta, kolarov, big willy, and jesus navas last season

surely the two english teams that went through proved their value by beating strong teams in the ro16 innit?

Yea but what have you done fo me lately?

>beating strong teams in the ro16

why bother when you can just win your group

Attached: 1521068390052.jpg (229x253, 13K)

simply because the playstyles are different

I thought Spurs and Chelsea played well and were unlucky. Spurs were clearly better than Juventus, and Chelsea were almost as good as Barca. The only real embarrassment is Man U, who are second in the Prem and were somehow outplayed by fucking Sevilla in both legs.

They were the Premier league champions sweetie

/thread

Sevilla didn't play them when they were a league winning team. Sevilla played them the season after when they finished midtable and sacked their manager. Don't pretend like they were still good.

they were dire in that season

Sevilla won the first leg as well, which prompted the owner to sack Ranieri.

We don't need to show fake skills like they do, we are slowly and patiently coming back. Wait for Serie A to return one of the best leagues in the world.

this desu, the PL's perennial bottlejobs gave last years runners up a closely fought game. Chelsea played OK over the two legs and just got outclassed at the end of the day.

On the otherhand manure tried to advance on two 0-0 scorelines and made utter fools out of themselves, but anyone who's followed the league this season knows that they have been flattering to deceive and are lucky to be second at the moment.

>the PL's perennial bottlejobs
He never said anything about Liverpool

Chelsea could so easily have won this but fortune was with Barca and not Chelsea. I'd go as far to say over the two legs they played just as well as Barcelona in terms of creating good chances and exploiting the opposition's weaknesses, they just couldn't finished their goddamn chances and fucked up at critical times at the back.

>leicester
Based

>liverpool is one of these teams
The most surprising thing desu

>Chelsea could so easily have won this but fortune was with Barca
Chelsea was shit.Goles que no haces, goles que te hacen.
>lousy passing
>shit-tier pressing
>Mid-table playmaking
If not for Hazzard, Willian and Marcos Alonso you would be absolute shit.

Barcelona defends, transitions from attacking phase and defending phase much more eficiently than you. Thats how they beat madrid. And how thy beat chelsea too.