Overrated Directors

Only 3 good movies

godard was once a maoist who championed the murderous ideology of mao zedong and the khmer rouge. we condemn griffith and riefenstahl of their political sins, but griffith serioiusly tried to prove he was not a hater after 'birth of a nation'. and riefenstahl insisted she loathed nazism but had simply done as told. maybe they were full of shit but at least they tried to publicly distance themselves from extreme politics.

not godard who espoused the most extreme, murderous, and destructive form of leftism. film scholars, so outraged about long dead griffith and long irrelevant riefenstahl, never demanded of godard to face up to his past sins. unlike kurosawa and bergman who candidly confessed their cowardice in face or approval of, respectively, japanese militarism and nazism, godard has never ever apologized in general, or in specific to the countless victims of the tyrants he supported with all his heart.

godard celebrated and championed mao's total destruction of culture and intellectual life and the khmer rouge that transformed camodia overnight into a genocidal stone age marxist state. fuck that piece of shit.

Pulp Fiction
Kill Bill Vol 1
Inglorious Basterds

Switch Kill Bill for Reservoir Dogs and you're there

polanski did his unforgivable polanski shit
norman mailer stabbed his wife
woody allen is a fuckin creep
burroughs shot his wife in the head

they were all good artists tho

Reservoir Dogs would have been my 4th if it's any consolation.

(((spielberg))) AKA half of my movies are children's entertainment and the other half is mediocre ww2 flicks

C. Nolan
Only 1 good movie, and another decent one. Still claimed as the greatest director of all time.

As a writer, this guy doesn't know what the fuck he's doing, the dialogue is pure shit, unreal, lame.

As a director, this guy doesn't bring anything new, this guy doesn't have an own style (like Fincher, Lynch, Kubrick, Scorsese, Leone, etc), is just generic shot after generic shot. This guy doesn't seem to try to do anything challenging.

All of his movies are like a Shyamalan ok movie, with a lame plot twist that doesn't even matter to the story (Memento, Inception, DKR) or one that is too obvious (Interstellar, DK)

Don't know why edgy teens love him

Kill Bill is pleb as fuck

What is this hairstyle called?

I think he has 6 good movies

What about The prestige?

What's going on here?

Meant to reply

It's just like the others

denis venezuela. the new fedoracore meme director that everyone seems to love for some reason

That fucking hack would not be anywhere close to where he is today if it wasn't for Ledger's Joker. Dude died and Nolan absorbed all the praise.

Ledger made an awesome acting, and that movie has a good premise, but the greatness of The Dark Knight comes from everyone but Nolan.
1)Ledger's acting
2) The 3 or 4 comics Nolan based the script (wich is still bad)
3) The Cinematographer
4) Good supporting roles

But Nolan does abosolutely nothing for that movie

I totally agree. What I meant to get at was Ledger's Joker was a cultural phenomenon that year. Fucking everyone and their mother was quoting him or dressing up like him for halloween, it was referenced in media everywhere. All for a movie that otherwise would be considered good not great. Then Ledger dies and becomes forgotten and every one thinks that Nolan is a genius.

>woody allen is a fuckin creep
hes a pedophile

>ledger was hammy af, nolan saved what he could, the dark knight was shit though, it became a meme because the buttboi od'd

inception is very good

Memento's twist makes the whole story though