What movie made you grow out from your atheist phase?

what movie made you grow out from your atheist phase?

for me "a man for all seasons"

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vatican's_list_of_films
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

user can you explain to me how a movie made you start believing in magic?

what posts made you grow out from your atheist phase?

for me this one

2001 a space oddysey

I know it is non easy to accept because of the childish connotation, but believing the bible is true means that you believe in magic.

Do you mean you started definitely believing in religion/god or do you mean you're now more open to the idea?

>what movie made you grow out from your atheist phase?

Euphoric cringe shit like this:

you're no better for believing everything the epic science man on tv says. both require a similar leap of faith

>If you are not an atheist you are a fundamentalist Christian
Nice meme

Maybe the demiurge will play nice if you ignore it ;)

>it's an OP posts a bait thread and then never responds episode

So many of these. Why?

I'm floored with shock that you are incapable of understanding the concept of a middle ground.

When did Sup Forums start liking the Star Wars prequels and become a Christian website?

Agnostic >>>> Atheists > Theists

What are some movies about god?
And why are American christians and atheist always this confrontational? It's like they want to ruin everything for everyone.

There's really not much difference between "I don't believe X is true" and "I don't know if X is true"

>if you're not a pseudo intellectual know it all atheist, you're a Christian sheeple!

is this what atheists really believe?

>implying OP isn't behind the largest majority of posts in this thread, samefagging, falseflagging, simulating flames and fight

i love that movie, but it didn't put me back on to religion - it's more about standing up for what you believe to be right, even when the world is against you

Keep on telling yourself that user

here you are
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vatican's_list_of_films

>There's really not much difference between "I don't believe X is true" and "I don't know if X is true"

>has never read the bible

how embarrassing for you

>only pseduo-intellectuals don't believe The Bible as fact

I don't belong to any atheist social groups, have a shared spiritual belief with them or believe that science is indisputable truth.

You can't just assume that every atheist is a fedora lord.

as opposed to believing that literally nothingness exploded and creating intelligent beings

I was a Christian for most of my life.

There isn't, they're nearly as close together as two degrees of belief can be. By all means prove me wrong and name the statement in between those two.

Tree of Life

literally every post in this thread is made by me

>it's a christians don't understand the scientific concepts they criticize episode

Hello friend!
I need source of that webm for my school presentation about memes.
Thanks in advance :3

discuss.

Based Lenny

BAZINGA LMAO

Is it memes or is the Sup Forums community genuinely of the belief that an Iron age Palestinian wizard controls the universe

do you plebs change your opinions in the space of a flick rather than over days and week though vigorous research and skepticism?

do you ever think?

pathetic

the tree of life

>religion is just a control tool for the masses, that's why (((medias))) propagandize irreligiousity and moral relativism

The Passion of Christ my lord and saviour

Fuck the jews btw

Sup Forums will always be contrarian to what is mainstream. Atheism is pretty much the norm now and most liberals are atheists.
So Sup Forums is religious and conservative now.
Now gtfo and go back to lereddit.

After r/the Donald flooded this place, yes.

It's just teens having a god phase tough

That is childish as fuck. You can be an atheist without being a liberal.

The media is just as thick as the average human meat sack.

>That is childish as fuck
Where do you think you are?

oh boy it's the "Sup Forums is contrarian" poster again. I know it's really hard to believe, but I honestly hate guardians of the galaxy, and there are other directors outside of Nolan and Villeneuve. you can watch more movies or just keep crying all the time

Visitor Q
>posting from church this sunday morning

>There isn't, they're nearly as close together as two degrees of belief can be
I don't know if I have bananas in the fridge. I have no bananas in the fridge. How are those two statements close to each other, you retard?

yeah and I bet you think atheists can be "good persons" too

>magic
magic like meme-magic or sorcery?

It was contrarian to like them kiddo

WRONG. Sup Forums has a sense of community that normies don't have. Atheism is an ego-driven worldview that's centered around the individual. Sup Forums neets have no egos, we're all combined into a hivemind, so atheism doesn't appeal to us. My beliefs are all community-based.

Well the actual analogous statement would be

"I don't know if I have bananas in the fridge" and "I don't believe I have bananas in the fridge"

Not surprised that you have difficulty with this.

>I don't think for myself

So? In first case I may have bananas, in the second I don't. I know my fridge pretty well. If I believe it's not there, it's not there.

indeed the few fedoras here come from reddit

They are the best people actually, because they're not trying to bullshit a fictitious skydaddy to give them immortality. If God exists the religious are mostly doomed anyway because most people are just trying to cover their asses with afterlife insurance.

I do. And I conclude that I'm not the alpha and the omega of all existence. There are things bigger than me and I'm but a part of those things. Atheists believe they are completely independent creatures with free will, that's false. That's an ego-driven worldview. None of us are independent and free will does not exist.

The statements of "I don't believe I have bananas in the fridge" and "I don't have bananas in the fridge" are different statements, but both would fall under atheism when applied to god.

This is really not a difficult concept, well it is for you.

>I know my fridge pretty well
what if it's not your fridge?
do you know the universe, reality so well as your fridge?
what makes atheists think they are infallible in their judgments?

Being older, less edgy and realizing that this 'raging militant fedora atheism' wasn't exactly making my life any better and just making me a smug asshole. Also realizing that a lot of 'Atheist' are really just people fulfilling their theist needs but saying 'it's-not-religion-I-swear'.

Eventually there came a time where I realized the idea that religion can be 'outgrown' is a pretty silly concept. It will always exist because it's part of human nature to believe. It's just that some people blindly believe in concepts/ideas/ideology rather than what fedoralords call the 'sky fairy'. There came a time I had to accept that such belief, even if it's not for me for the most part, is part of human nature and it's not the belief but how you act on it that matters.

>Atheists believe they are completely independent creatures with free will,

Not all of them. I'm an atheist, I don't believe that.

The Bible is full of magic. Are you serious?

>Elisha asking God to send fire from the sky to prove he's more powerful than Baal
>demons possessing people
>the Pharaoh's magicians turning their staffs into snakes
>God turning Moses' staff into an even bigger snake to eat the magician's snakes
>Jesus turning water into wine or multiplying fish and bread from nothing

These are just a few examples. If you believe the Bible is true, you believe in magical things. Why is anyone being offended by this or considering it cringe? It's literally the truth of the matter.

You don't have to be a vocal and confrontational atheist to not believe in god.

Maybe you guys are trolling, I find it hard to believe that people struggle this hard with these concepts.

Difference is someone who says shit and has a scientific background will usually have data or sources to back their shit up. A religious person just has faith. Literally, that's all you need in religion, faith.

>being so deep into contrarianism/edginess that you become ironically religious

I HIGHLY doubt any devout christian would regularly browse Sup Forums. There's nudity, profanity, taking the lord's name in vain, coveting, lust, everything that would send you to hell save for killing people. I was raised catholic and was Jehovah's Witness for a couple years. I went to bible camp and took pic related, and they threw my book out and lectured me on how it was bad. Sup Forums is several orders of magnitude worse than a book written for children.

And no-one save for alcoholics and other people who found god in adverse situations believe in god after being atheist. You generally have to have had a religious background to even be religious later in life (like 90% of you fucks are even in your 20s). This isn't even taking into account how even jews don't take their scriptures at face value, and being jewish is part of their life.

>it's another "I hate religion because I don't want to feel guilty when I fap to trannies" episode

>You don't have to be a vocal and confrontational atheist to not believe in god.
You'd be surprised how easy it is to fall into this trap when you're younger...

>I HIGHLY doubt any devout christian would regularly browse Sup Forums
no they are all here
8(no spam)ch.net/christian/catalog.html

Yeah for maybe the first year or two of being an atheist where you're still mad about all the brainwashing you were subjected to as a christian.

>Agnostic
There could be a creator and life was created else where and life on earth was caused through Panspermia, while I don't particularly subscribe to abrahamic religions, That Jesus guy was onto something
>Atheists
If I can't see its not real, I also find cartoon horses sexually appealing and it can be sin to lay with an animal if religion isn't real
>theists
I believe in a creator and think we should have a defined moral code so not to anger him

I'm a Christian and I don't feel anything when I fap anymore.

But it's possible to get over the confrontational stage without also suddenly believing in God. Anyone who says otherwise never actually stopped believing in God and was truly just being a rebellious teenager. If you stop believing something for a bad reason, then you'll go back to believing it for an equally bad reason.

If a movie snaps you out of one phase you are just in another.

Stopped being swayed so easily. Look deep into yourself and find the answers you seek, whatever they may be.

That's the problem with atheists, the group is too diverse and you can't criticise their beliefs because every time you do some guy comes out and says UMMM I DON'T BELIEVE THAT. Well fuck you, there's a certain set of thing atheists believe and I'm talking about those things. The idea of the black void after your death, the idea that life has only as much value as the experience of that life (hence the abortion support because things that don't experience life have no value to them in an ego-driven atheist worldview), the idea that humans can understand the world completely at a certain point. That's the atheist package I'm arguing against, it doesn't have a better name than atheism.

>I'm a Christian
are you sure?
Christians don't want to sin

maybe for an american. all americans are vocal and confrontational.

Your definition of "Agnostic" is actually an agnostic theist. You can also be an agnostic atheist, which is, "I see no evidence for a god or supernatural creator, so I don't believe there is one but I could be convinced if I saw any solid evidence, just like anything else."

>Atheists
There is no evidence for the existence of God, so there is no point in believing
>Agnostic
AKSHUALLY since there is no evidence, you can never know for certain!

Agnostics are just pedantic atheists who are too milquetoast to have an opinion about anything and are concerned about getting bullied/laughed at for being an atheist.

Yes, god interacts with the world in a way akin to "magic" considering he is advanced beyond our comprehension. Your point being?

It's more that I stopped blindly hating on religion for the sake of it 'being religion', if that make sense.

Nah, I'm not even American.

>le anecdotal situation disproves the global trend meme

>That's the problem with atheists, the group is too diverse and you can't criticise their beliefs because every...
I criticize atheists because they don't have a moral standard, objective and eternal morality.
that's common for all of them

The only common factor is they don't believe in a God/gods.

>either you're with us or you're against us, burn the heretic

Don't let other posters fool you, most Sup Forums users are 16 years old contrarians that feel the need to affirm some kind of christian values even if they don't even go to church every sunday nor can they recall the Ave Maria or Pater Noster.
It's mostly contrarianism for the sake of it, and since the popular thing these days is being atheist they show fake faith.

Dumbass a lack of belief in something does not mean you adhere to a specific moral code.

If I'm not a libertarian that doesn't mean I'm automatically a democrat. If you were smart enough to understand this very simple concept maybe you wouldn't still believe in this nonsense.

Right, magic. you believe in magic.

>the only place to find morality is in a book written by Roman Palestinians 2000 years ago

wew

Sup Forums christfags are pure cringe

Cause they see them as "miracles".

Let me break it down for you: Sup Forums draws young people in. These young people are rebellious by default, and when you factor in SJW hate (cause they see it daily in their schools, people like me who are in their late 20s and older don't see it as much if ever in the real world), you get this. SJWs are atheist and atheism is the norm (or at least increasing substantially as the decades go by) so to rebel you say you're religious.

There's also the matter of many of them being plebbitor immigrants. That site is not good for letting off steam or saying opinions that aren't accepted so they come here because they heard it's the opposite. They treat every board like Sup Forums because that's what they were told, but that's another story altogether. Anyways they come here and are free to spout any and all contrary opinions. That's how you get anons who say they're religious without going to church, praying, being good people like jesus said to be, being charitable, or even being knowledgeable about the bible.

That last part is what pisses me off the most. They're not being sincere and are essentially the same as the SJWs they claim to hate. They say shit for brownie points online, while not abiding by their claims offline. Fuck fakers.

>>the only place to find morality is in a book written by Roman Palestinians 2000 years ago
the only basis for an objective and eternal morality is something as well objective eternal
ie. not man influenced by culture, social conditioning etc. etc.

>Right, magic. you believe in magic.
Of course magic exists, meme magic.

back to plebbit

lurk more, newfags

I, as a contrarian teenager, realized that atheism was mainstream in society, so I, as a contrarian teenager, decided to grow out of my atheism.

Yes, and the only common factor for redditors is that they visit reddit, right? And yet every time there's a whole package that comes with visiting reddit. When it comes to atheists, you can call it the Ricky Gervais package. Somehow a lot of atheists are exactly like that, I wonder why.

Nice quads and trips.

The bible was written by people you mongoloid

What? I'm and at best I'm agnostic cause I'm not a retard. Most people who become atheist stay that way, barring something happening that they take as a sign from god.

This. The truly vocal atheists, the ones who treat it as a religion itself, are few and far between. And most of those are young people rebelling. You don't take Scientology seriously, don't you anons? It's essentially the same thing. It's faith in the absence of proof. Also, if you're regularly meeting fedora-tier atheists on the regular, chances are you're a young person yourself and should fuck off this site.

this, even though most of my adult life so far was spent in isolation and mostly online I still really like people, I swear

yeah and christians believe it was inspired by God
that's..kinda, the point..

>Dumbass a lack of belief in something does not mean you adhere to a specific moral code.
Okay then, so what do you think happens after death and are you pro-abortion, mr nontypical atheist? You can keep wiggling out of having any opinions for a long time, but then you should just call yourself an agnostic and nobody will talk to you about this stuff, you'll save us all some time.