THE GODFATHER SUCKS

>regarded as one of the greatest films of all time
>completely fucking terrible

How is this a good movie, Sup Forums? Marlon Brando's acting was awful, the movie had absolute awful pacing and it was a chore to watch it. I almost fell asleep twice during this pathetic excuse for a movie. If you like this movie you have shit taste and only think it's good because some douchey "film critic" told you it was good.

book was better. Sonny's big ol dick, that girl getting her vagina operation to make it smaller, Johnny Fontane and his alcoholic friend plot.

i think its cool cause i like gangster mafia shit.

It's good if you stop texting on your phone

It insists upon itself, right OP?

what a pleb thing to say. get out

stop making this thread over and over again

Stop liking the godfather over and over.

>underaged burger detected.
kys faggot.

Jack and Jill fucking ruled.

You're all fucking faggots. Instead of telling me the reasons why The Godfather is good, you're just sitting here talking shit. Please enlighten me on how this movie is good.

You sure know how to inspire others into enlightening and informing moods.

Hope you enjoyed your thread.

this desu

I just want to hear people's opinion. If it's such a great movie, what makes it so great? I don't see the appeal of the movie. If I wanna watch a mobster movie, I'm gonna watch one that isn't pretentious as fuck, like Goodfellas.

I guess it's sorta the first mob movie that was modern.

We've had a lot of "Godfather sucks" threads recently. Did it get shown at schools or something?

I can see how it was revolutionary for the time it was released, but I don't see how it's still regarded as one of the greatest. It's not that great of a movie.

No, it's just me making the thread every time.

>but I don't see
sounds like a personal problem

You're such a special snowflake. No really, making this thread was an amazing idea. It's great to know what you're complex mind thinks about one of the most critically acclaimed movies. You really made me think there.

So you still can't tell me why it's so great?

>critically acclaimed

Off yourself. I don't care that some douche is telling me it's a great movie. I formulate my own opinions.

The decapitated horse scene is quite memorable. But it's true, the Godfather is no action movie. It's more of a drama?

>So you still can't tell me why it's so great?
You saw it, the same thing everybody else did, but like I said, it's a personal problem that you're unable to comprehendable so until then don't spoke.

Consider Nosferatu, the original horror movie from the '20s. It's by no means scary anymore. It's still considered a great classic.

Revolutionary films where great at the time, but may not be what audiences expect today. They are kept in the "greatest movies" section anyways.

The music, cinematography, acting (Marlon Brando was great, not sure what you're on about), the story, and editing were all fantastic in the movie. Only a person with literal shit taste would dislike The Godfather.

yeah, it's hard to explain. The way it's filmed and edited works well. It's not jumpy or rushed. The music is fitting, the story is interesting as long as you aren't expecting an action movie.

The costumes and characters are well cast.

I have faith and hope for the future of man kind.

I think the Godfather is so well-regarded because it was one of the first big modern gangster movies. It's also sort of an epic story about a son hesitant to inherit his father's empire, and how he changes to become that emperor figure. Personally, I don't love the movie, but I can see why people do. And hey, everybody must love that last part of the movie where Michael fully takes power and just deals with all the family business.

I still haven't seen part 2, but I've heard it's better so you should check it out.

eyy yoo did some dago guinea busta yo balls ehh ?

Not op, but selecting different aspects of a movie and saying they are good is about as analytic as saying the movie was good.

>Watching Godfather with friend, his first time
>Lmao when is there gunna be some shootings and shit? I thought this was a movie about gangsters
>30 mins in
>Bro, let's put sons of anarchy on instead

Maximum pleb