Films that cross borders

Sup Forums or Reddit, Pleb or Patrician, what are some films that are universally liked amongst film fans, regardless of age, gender, politics, or anything else.

Pic related

I don't feel anything in particular for Lotr. Sure, they are cool films, but nothing special. Can't say that I likethem. If they would get erased from human memory, I wouldn't care

LOTR is right wing, Harry Potter is left wing

could something like this be made today?
there's not a single non-white protagonist

Fuck off Sup Forums

LOTR is basically Sup Forums the series friendo

>LOTR is basically Sup Forums the series friendo

kill yourself you actual retard

>Kill yourself

Saying this has become less effective than just "shut your mouth" at this point.

>literally no non-white protagonists
>the good guys are literally called the MEN OF THE WEST
>defend their homelands from invading brown people from the east and south as well proto-niggers (Orcs)

Men are weak. Elves are the superior race

Well yeah it's fairly easy to read into it and find right wing messages. I doubt they were intentional though, and I have no doubt LotR has plenty of left wing fans.

Elves literally run away in tears at the end of the film

Tolkein disliked lord of the rings being compared to real life events. The only "political message" he included in it was evil industrialization v good ol country pipe smoking living.

Remember though the protaganists are largely white men (or unintentionally jewish dwarves) the orcs are more technologically advanced and no doubt influenced by tolkein's WW1 experiences.

and all the elves were white

the Orcs were Turks

>J. R. R. Tolkien
>died 1973

1 ring to rule them all
9 rings for men
7 for the dwarf lords
3 rings gifted to elves

>Trump as Aragorn
You're literally as bad as the 15-year old retards who say "TRUMP IS VOLDEMORT."

P-please kill yourself.

>connecting LotR to real life right wing politics
>"God I hate that everything in Hollywood has an agenda now"
>"Man, liberals are so stupid for only connecting politics to Harry Potter and Star Wars"
People like you are why everybody hates Sup Forums now.

Sorry, I didn't see any obese manchildren with neckbeards covered in cheeto dust spouting memes and getting triggered by every slightly different opinion than theirs.

Congratulations, you've figured out that LOTR was written from an early 20th-century British perspective. Now what's the next step in your master plan?

But LotR is right wing, reactionary, Catholic monarchism. Explicitly so. What do you think Tolkien was himself and which values he made integral to his work?

Never compare Tolkien to ignorant, hysterical Americuck "conservative" "Christians" ever again.

WTF I love lotr now

>ugh, did you see those LIBTARDS comparing Trump to Voldemort, lmao do they even know culture and history outside of normie movies?
>btw, did you ever realize that Trump is basically like Aragorn? And Sauron and Mordor are like Merkel and the EU? Holy fuck those are great and accurate comparisons.

well hey reddit

And many movies today are left wing. It doesn't stop Sup Forums from bitching about politics in movies, or calling liberals manchildren for needing movies to connect to their worldview and political opinions. Sup Forums, especially now, is the other side of the same childish coin that nu-males who compare Trump to Voldemort are on. It's infantile, and it makes everybody on the right look hypocritical.

I doubt it. Tolkein only fought against the germans in WW1 in France. Orcs are meant to be more representative of the inhumanity of industrialization without representing a specific nation.

Look at what they do. They cut down trees en masse, they create new and terrifying war machines and they have no regard for innocent lives. Now compare them to the heroes. Frodo and the hobbits are humble, salt of the earth farmer people who want nothing more then to eat and smoke. The elves and men are more noble but the elves are leaving and by the end the men are lead by a king who has spent many years in the wilderness.

It's nature vs Industry. Remember, the orcs were once elves changed by sauron.

and elves where literally based on the aryan race you fucking retard.

>Finns
>Aryan

literally look at Orcish names and tell me he didn't base it off Turkish

>ITT

Using Sup Forumss logic and assumptions of left/right wing. Harry Potter is right wing because it has 3 white protagonists fighting a subhuman (Voldemort), and those protagonists aren't racemixers, except for Harry who represents some of their hypocrisy of throwing their beliefs on racemixing out of the window for some asian pussy. They only hate HP because they hate JK Rowling, they also falsely assume that Tolkien is someone who shares their own opinions on this sort of thing.

>Azog
>Balcmeg
>Boldog
>Bolg
>Golfimbul
>Gorbag
>Gorgol
>Gothmog
>The Great Goblin
>Grishnákh
>Lagduf
>Muzgash
>Radbug
>Shagrat
>Snaga
>Ufthak

Meanwhile the 10 most popular turkish names in 2014 are

>Yusuf
>Bera
>Mustafa
>Ömer
>Ahmet
>Eymen
>Muhammed
>Miraç
>Mehmet
>Emir

>tumblr filename

>americans
>white
really made me think.

infantilized politics are easier to control though

Lotr movies are amazing and is my favorite trilogy. It's one of the best book adaptations of all times imo

Woah dude, you're like super smart and shit.
Where can I find more of your excellent analysis?

Solid argument. Guess I was really wrong for pointing out blatant hypocrisy.

Will Sup Forumstards ever recover from this ?

holy shit

recover from what?

>what is google
>being this new

movies are shit. books are goat

Lotr is shit and reddit

How long are you going to try forcing this?

Dude, you're like sooooo right maaan.
I love how you word your sentences, it's like university level or some shit.
Where did you learn your skills?

As a pretenious Tolkien nerd I do not like these movies. Fuck off.

>favourite actor
>Di Caprio(happened to be in 3 decent/good movies in his entire career) and two literally who's

When will we make huge reddit meet-up and impale all those faggots?

Fuck off Sup Forums

>mudbloods
>white

>that one northern swedish shitposter who gets a big dot on the map

LMFAO

Fuck off reddit.

f-fug

Drump is the fat goblin leader in the first hobbit

Tolkien would fucking hate you btw

>literally based on the Aryan race
>actually weren't based on them at all
What did he mean by this?

LOTR is shit and unrealistic.
ASOIAF is the best fantasy ever written.

Not gonna bite

Based user

Fuck off, Sup Forumsedditor.