>Wargames
>Threads
>The Day After
>Testament

What was their problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

foreignpolicy.com/2009/11/09/the-dustbin-of-history-mutual-assured-destruction/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I can already tell by the font that Threads by Barry Hines isn't any good.

Cold War propaganda/fear mongering.

You'll probably see a resurgence of these kinds of films over the next 4 years.

I really hope so, it's been too long since we had a good old fashioned nuclear war movie

Not brutal enough. I might even say they need a reboot, something to put fear in the hearts of the new generation. Of course with the present day metric, things aren't as hyper apocalyptic in the majority psyche as they were back then.

It could still work and serve as a reminder that Russia and the US still have hundreds of missiles pointed at each other even in this post-USSR age

>reboot

There are plenty of man-made horrors far worse than some dusty old nukes that have 50 years worth of treaties and diplomacy ties holding them back.

Fuck reboots.

Nobody has policies for MAD anymore and initially, it was all propaganda coined by a think tank in the 60's. They'd have to one up the fearmongering with something a little less cliche.

You've missed my point entirely /tv pleb.

I didn't. You want nuke holocaust genre to return to get people's minds in order. I said there are other worst things we have that can take its place and are legit. Nukes are not a legit threat anymore due to the structure of politics now.

>They'd have to one up the fearmongering with something a little less cliche.

The only thing that scares dumb Americans are brown skinned people, but it's hard to fear monger about them with the liberal/politically correct entertainment industry bearing down on you.

But that's not what the thread is about stop moving goalposts.

>Nobody has policies for MAD anymore

You're joking right? As long as nuclear weapons exist MAD will always be relevant, that will always be the point of having a nuclear deterrent.

We still don't have dirty bomb radiation fest and if we do get it'll probably just turn into a zombie flick. If someone got the budget and the nuts to do it, it would be pretty interesting sans zombies.

That's exactly what this and posts are about. What are you smoking?

>What was their problem?
The cold fucking war you millennial piece of trash.

>millennial

You know that covers the cold war right?

Reagan took office in '81 and started ratcheting up the anti-Soviet rhetoric after a decade of detente, in addition to spending a shitload of money on the military and openly trying to come up with a system capable of intercepting Soviet ICBMs, which would have rendered MAD irrelevant. In '83, the USSR almost initiated nuclear war because they were convinced that a planned massive NATO exercise was cover for a preemptive strike, a few months after the USSR shot down a Korean commercial flight that a sitting U.S. Congressman had been on.

Basically, it was the most tense the Cold War ever got after the early '50s and the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Nope you've been misinformed

foreignpolicy.com/2009/11/09/the-dustbin-of-history-mutual-assured-destruction/

You are dealing with Millenials. If it isn't being spammed on their favorite website, then it isn't a relevant issue.

You are adding to a comparison so no it's not what we are talking about you fuck nut.

Not really. You would have been an infant with zero fucking ability to understand what was going on.
Please keep talking out of your ass though, shit hammer.

Exactly people like to group basal strike logistics with MAD and MAD was never a real tactic.