What does Sup Forums think about Dexter? I'm only on season 1 and it seems pretty good...

What does Sup Forums think about Dexter? I'm only on season 1 and it seems pretty good, but I've heard it drops in quality quickly. Any other shows like it?

It's good.
Don't read the book, those are awful

Yeah I stopped watching after season 4. People said it dropped quickly but I didn't expect it to happen 2 eps into season 5.

Season 1 is good
Season 2 is less good, but still good
Season 3 is lame and forgettable
Season 4 is better and has a GOAT villian
Season 5 onwards is crap, though there are some "so bad it's good" elements troughout.

Pretty much sums it up perfectly.

I only ever saw the first two seasons fully. First was great, second was OK, dropped third after a few episodes, didn't care how the rest went.

Best post

Seasons 1,2, and 4 are kino. S3 is LOL WRITER'S STRIKE, but it's ok.

Fucking stop at the end of S4. Please.

everything after season 1 was shit.

try Hannibal I guess

do yourself a favor and drop it after season 1

they changed writers so the rest of the seasons won't have the same witty dialog that makes the first season of Dexter great

Is there any character development for Dexter at all? Do they explain what's up with Angel and his wife or go into the bald Chinese guy's life? idk why but I like those two guys. Feel like they could be killers too

Dexter becomes a superhero who fucks lots of random blond women.
Angel marries like 3 different women, one of them is leguerta and it really drags down season 4
Masuka gets a hot whore daughter

One of the biggest problems with later Dexter is that they don't know what to do with the police characters (Angel, LaGuerta etc.) They sit around, never accomplish or figure out anything and get involved in subplots that go nowhere.

>imdb

1-4 are great with some slow areas and dumb bits.

5 is bad and 6 is okay. 6 was better because of the gory props, but has since then been completely btfo by Hannibal.

7-8 are unwatchable trash

I miss the Dexter memes

>they didn't go through with the incest plotline

DROPPED

stop after season 4

They aren't blood related

>the incest plotline ever existed
Post season 4 Dexter was really fucking weird.

This is correct. I didn't even bother finishing season 8 after the got into that random incest plot.

I loved it when I first watched it but I really disliked it when I tried rewatching it because once you know the twists,it's really tiring to watch it. Also way too many serial killers visit Miami. And Dexter is faggy as fuck with the dark passenger shit,it feels like a neckbeard wrote it.

A women wrote it

She looks very masculine

>the lowest rated episode is just 7.5

Apparently the incdst plot would've happened initially but the deb and dex couldn't stand to do anything romantic after their divorce

I wouldn't have necessarily had a problem with it if it was hinted at from the beginning, but for them to just suddenly have Deb realize that she's in love with Dexter after having 8 seasons where that idea is never even mentioned just felt completely out of place for her character. It was the most random plot development of the whole series, and just felt like the writers were grasping at straws to figure out a twist for the show.

got so sick of quinn's plot cul du sacs

and angel
>I think i'll retire and buy a bar
I DONT CARE!

I'm chiming in to agree with this.

titus pullo was in season 7 which is the only reason to watch season 7 because i cant remember anything else from it apart from quinn banging a stripper

I watched until Season 4. It just got boring imo